News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warfan for Malys  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Wyldhunt

Warfan for Malys
« on: March 1, 2011, 07:45:38 PM »
Hey there, guys.  I'm doing a Poisoned Tongue Kabal with my Dark Eldar, and really looking forward to using Malys in my army.  With no model for her out, I've decided to build her myself using some Howling Banshee Exarch armor and a wych head, maybe mixed with some other random eldar bits.  The one thing I'm not sure how to get is her warfan.  Can anyone point me towards another miniature with a similar weapon?  I'd rather not try to play with greenstuff.

Offline Rip of Zahr-Tann

• Autarch of the Brown & Black Attack
  • Armies: Zahr-Tann, Poisoned Tongue, Sa'cea Sept
Re: Warfan for Malys
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2011, 06:36:48 PM »
Here's how I've just done mine.

A couple of notes...my Malys is based on a Succubus model I had spare and uses the Finecast Autarch SW wings (which I also had spare).  In addition, I used the right-hand razorflail.  This, obviously, assumes that you will be using the fan in the model's right hand (I used the Sybarite power sword for the left).

1.  Cut the flail off the razorflail.

2.  Cut off the tip of one of the wings.  I went across from the seventh feather down so you get a nice curved fan shape.

3.  Glue the tip/fan to the back of the flail handle.  It should fit reasonably well.

It's not perfect but that's how I've done mine.  I'm hoping to get a pic or two up once the model is complete and painted.
"You call our technology witchcraft because you do not understand anything beyond the ancient designs your ancestors used. You kill anything that does not conform to your hideous and narrow view of the galaxy. You blunder into every trap set along your path because you refuse to look into the future and consider every consequence. How your species inherited the stars is a mystery beyond our understanding." - Autarch Narios Starblade of Zahr-Tann

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Warfan for Malys
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/skorne/warlocks/lord-assassin-morghoul

Not a GW model, but Morghul from the Hordes range comes with a pretty stupenny shuffley fan.