News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nighthaunt  (Read 5554 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Nighthaunt
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:09 PM »
More figures have been revealed:

Myrmourn Banshees
Glaivewraith Stalkers

The Banshees look very impressive in my opinion and fit in well with the Mortarch of Grief.  I am less convinced by the Glaivewraiths, which strike me as a cross between the Death of Rats and Skaven Plague Monks.  I'm not sure how well that works for me.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
They revealed those models a while ago.  Those two kits, and the accompanying stormcast kits are the only models with sculpted bases,so I think they might be future shadespire factions, which would be cool.

The glavewraiths, I think are more horse headed. I think their lore is pretty cool. Inescapable hunters. Their spears are always aiming for their Preys heart.

Glaivewraith Stalkers
Nagash has a twisted sense of justice, and each member of the Nighthaunt is shaped to reflect their crimes in a previous life. The Glaivewraith Stalkers were those who hunted men for sport and pleasure – now, they still work as huntsmen, drifting slowly and unstoppably towards their quarry, pursuing them for months (or even years!) if they have to.

Faction Focus: Nighthaunt - Warhammer Community
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 05:36:07 AM »
I certainly agree that the narrative is both interesting and eerily appropriate.  This is the aspect of Nighthaunt which I have found the most pleasing thus far.  It's just a shame that some of the models are a bit of a let down.  Still, I have plenty of alternative models from years gone by to choose from.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2018, 09:57:32 AM »
Yeah, I know what you mean. But, for starter set miniatures which are snap-fit, it's pretty impressive.

I'm just really excited to see the new rules for the new black coach,as that miniature looks phenomenal.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2018, 10:15:03 AM »
Will be buying a copy of Soul Wars tomorrow, along with some of the accessories and a little bit more Idoneth Deepkin! Has anyone read through the rules for the Soul Wars units in the updated AoS App? Sancrosanct Chamber seems quite stronk to me, I can easily see some of those Artillery Batteries backed up by an Ordinatus Engineer Dude being quite popular. I like the rules for the Evocators, but I'm still just don't know what to think about the models. They are... not as dynamic looking to me or as eye-catching as some of the other models we've seen. Loving the Castigators and the other HQs though! ;D

I'm also digging the Nighthaunt a lot, but some of the HQs don't quite grab me. I like the Executioner and the Signifier the most. I don't know how I feel about the Glaivewraiths, I like the models, but their rules didn't really stand out to me as something I'd use too often. But maybe I'm looking at them wrong and they are simply a medium-tier unit.

I'm super excited to see the models that haven't been revealed yet for both factions though! Especially the Wraith-Ladies with Scythes that we glimpsed in the reveal trailer and Revenants, which we have not seen yet.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2018, 10:48:37 AM »
The cannon does look really good. The new battleline unit comes in multiples of 3,which I think is pretty crazy.

The nighthaunts units I wasn't super enthusiastic about, until I saw how cheap they are. The synergy with the heroes looks very strong too. They seem like Khorne bloodhound in a way. Not super great on paper, but with the right support are amazing.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 10:59:08 AM »
The cannon does look really good. The new battleline unit comes in multiples of 3,which I think is pretty crazy.

The nighthaunts units I wasn't super enthusiastic about, until I saw how cheap they are. The synergy with the heroes looks very strong too. They seem like Khorne bloodhound in a way. Not super great on paper, but with the right support are amazing.

Yeah points-wise, the Nighthaunt seem really great, and I agree that an investment into heroes would probably pay dividends for them. Especially the big faction HQs, which are only around 200-240 points area. Still not decided if I want the Mortarch of Grief or the Warrior HQ that has not been revealed yet. Both seem like they would be really cool. And the Black Coach definitely has to fit into the list somewhere ;D.

• Ancient
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »
I think it's hard to say anything for sure about the faction until we have rules for the battalions and non-soul wars models. But, I like what have been revealed so far.

Battalions are going to be important as well, as some of the new missions in the generals handbook reward having multiple artifacts. This is in addition to extra command points.

I'm going to guess they'll carry over their allegiance ability from the generals handbook, which will be very handy.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 08:14:15 PM »
The new mortarch looks great, as does the king-guy.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2018, 05:56:29 AM »
Heroes of the Nighthaunt - Warhammer Community

All of the heroes and their rules have been revealed now.  The models are very impressive and the aesthetic is spot on in my opinion.  I still like the Mortarch of Grief the best, but all of these characters have a certain appeal.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2018, 06:23:10 AM »
I really like the direction they went with the nighthaunt. 

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links, but the pre-order trailers for the Stormcast and Nighthaunt battletomes are up on youtube. You can see some of the new models that we haven't seen yet focused on in each trailer.

The Dreadscythe Harridans seem okay to me, but those Bladegheist Revenants look so good, they kind of have a Ringwraith vibe! The stormcast stuff looks great all around  ;D. I'm definitely going to start a Nighthaunt army though, they look a little fragile, but their design is creative, unique, and injected with a good amount of crazy (the interesting kind!) that there's no way I cannot try them out! ;D

EDIT:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Battletome: Nighthaunt - Pre-order Now! - YouTube

Warhammer Age of Sigmar - Battletome: Stormcast Eternals - Pre-order Now! -
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:55:04 PM by MyenTal »

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »
You can post links to video material which Games Workshop has published without any issue.  It's links to video material which is not published by GW which tend to be problematic.

The Black Coach has been revealed here.  I am very impressed.  The emphasis has shifted more towards the ethereal concept and away from the vampire in a coffin origins behind it, but I have no issue with that.  The model is incredible and a massive improvement on the original metal kit.