News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: chaos question  (Read 352 times)

Offline Aronious

• (Arr-OH-Nee-uhs)
    • Game Rats
chaos question
« on: February 15, 2004, 01:00:39 PM »
under the chosen section of the new chaos codex it says "Chosen in power or terminator armor can further be upgraded to aspiring champions at +10 points each..." does this mean that I can have an entire squad of aspiring champions?

"We're an infantry regiment, Red. We fight. We die."- Master Horkin, Mage-at-Arms

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,83795.0.html

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
-Goldfinger

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
Re: chaos question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 01:55:16 PM »
1) Feel free to run on into our Chaos forum at www.40k.ca where your EO account works, as they are sister sites.
2) Yes, you can, however this will prove to make them extremely expensive and is generally not a viable tactic (One Battle Cannon or WarWalker/StarCannon combo and you'll be losing a whole heck of a lot of points).

3) This was the point in time where most Thousand Sons players had a siezure when they dreamed of entire squads of Sorcerors with Bolt of Change. Unfortunately, it made each model 60-70 points with nothing more than a 3+ save to protect them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 01:57:19 PM by Star Colonel-Commissar Koonitz »
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline DarkArchite

• My future ex-wife
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 01:31:44 AM »
Well, I guess you could continue to upgrade their saves to a 2+, but then their pts are hovering around 80-90 pts apiece....
The 2 most abundant resources in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity!!

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 02:11:25 AM »
Quite right.  The most cost-effective thing to do is upgrade two or three to be Terminators for the included power weapons, etc.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.