News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000 pt]Zilla Choir List...where to put the last 37 points  (Read 807 times)

Offline jonahgabriel

• Stickybeatz.com
[2000 pt]Zilla Choir List...where to put the last 37 points
« on: November 28, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »
This is a modification of a 1500pt list posted earlier. Here is my list so far...there are 37 points left to spend...not sure where to put them...please help!

1 Hive Tyrant Barbed Strangler, Venom Cannon, Enhanced Senses, Psychic Scream, The Horror
2 Tyrant Guard Rending Claws, Scything Talons

1 Hive Tyrant TL Devourer, TL Devourer, Enhanced Senses, Psychic Scream, The Horror
2 Tyrant Guard Rending Claws, Scything Talons

8 Genestealers Rending Claws
6 Ripper Swarms
6 Ripper Swarms

1 Carnifex TL Devourer, TL Devourer, Enhanced Senses

2 Ravener Scything Talons, Rending Claws

1 Carnifex Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Enhanced Senses
1 Carnifex Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler, Enhanced Senses
3 Zoanthrope Psychic Scream, Warp Blast, Toxic Miasma, Warp Field
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 12:55:23 PM by jonahgabriel »
--------------------------
Jonah Gabriel
http://stickybeatz.com

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
Re: [2000 pt]Zilla Choir List...where to put the last 37 points
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 01:28:26 PM »
How about one more Ravener?  You'll be 3 points over but that's not going to kill anyone.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline jonahgabriel

• Stickybeatz.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 01:40:30 PM »
How about one more Ravener?  You'll be 3 points over but that's not going to kill anyone.

That would be fine for friendly play, but not for the tournament I plan to enter :/
Jonah Gabriel

Offline Scalu

• Craftworld Zaitor / Splinter Fleet Whiteclaw
    • Campaign Maps
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 01:50:05 PM »
Giving leaping to the ripper swarms would be a great help.  You can only afford it for 1 group of them though unless you drop one of them to 5 ripper bases...  I think it would be worth it.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
1850 pts Tau army assembled and painted in 1 month!

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 01:52:18 PM »
Ah.  Sorry, didn't know it was a tournament.  What about dropping two Rippers in favor of 16 Gaunts with Fleshborers?  I't'll be a nice big unit that you could put in front of a couple of the 'Stealer units to make the enemy roll for priority
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Offline jonahgabriel

• Stickybeatz.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 02:47:52 PM »
Ah.  Sorry, didn't know it was a tournament.  What about dropping two Rippers in favor of 16 Gaunts with Fleshborers?  I't'll be a nice big unit that you could put in front of a couple of the 'Stealer units to make the enemy roll for priority

Scalu,

The ripper swarms are meant to protect the MCs from getting assaulted.

Yuenglingdragon,

I was thinking about giving the HT with VC and BS toxin sacs and giving the two Heavy Fexes RC, but I like this idea too...hrm.
Jonah Gabriel

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006, 03:26:24 PM »
Would you believe I didn't even notice that your 'Fex's were missing RC.  That extra wound can be real nice.

Besides, I also just noticed that you have 4 units of 'stealers, not 3 as I originally believed and so your troops section of the FOC is filled up already.

Offline rightfire

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 06:52:18 PM »
You need a winged tyrant.  A tyrant with wings are so... so... so much better than one without wings.

You can also put flesh hooks on all your carnifex and hive tyrants, not for the grenade like effect, because that never comes into play, but for the ability to climb impassable terrain. Climbing impassable terrain is extremely useful on some maps, you can even climb your big bugs on top of impassable terrain so they won't get assaulted.

As for troop choices, reconsider getting some hormagaunts instead of genestealers, genestealers are slow and tend to be shot up, while hormagaunts can tie things up in combat and let the genestealers finish things off.

You carnifexes are all fine. Don't get reinforced chitin or any other upgrades on any carnifex. Experience has shown me that people almost never shoot at your gun fexes, they tend to shoot at the closer dakka fexes, so the reinforced chitin never comes into play.

Consider dropping tyrant guards, they tend to not do anything.

Get the third ravenor, they tend to be very useful individual scoring units, and are like fast genestealers that's hard to be shot up because they are separate units.

So, basically fill up troop choices with hormagaunts and genestealers, drop rippers because they're non-scoring. Get wings on a hive tyrant because it's extremely useful, drop tyrant guards, get flesh hooks on all monstrous creatures, maybe putting synapse on one zoan to increase synapse coverage. 
When you have fought over 1000 battles, all you see is death

- Dawn of War

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 07:01:04 PM »
And rightfire fails magnificently again!  Seriously, dude, I don't want to make enemies, but learn something more about nids before you start posting.  Or Chuckles will run you off.

Winged tyrant could be okay, but with this list set-up, it would never get anywhere, since it would be out in front and gunned down too fast.

Overall, I don't see much wrong with the list.  I assume raveners are used to kill off snipers and infiltrators, since if they just charge they will die so fast they might as well not have existed, and the number of genestealers (and leadership tests you will have to take) is a bit disconcerting, but not too bad.

Two Tyrant Guards seems a bit much generally, but I don't see much else you would spend the points on, other than maybe more rippers/genestealers, and making rippers leaping (getting there at the same time as genestealers would be nice).

Above all, just remember to ignore rightfire's post.  He took your list, and then put all of his "knowledge" in and made it completely different.  So yeah, just don't do it.

Chuckles will probobly give you some more advice, if I missed anything.  Good luck with this list!
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"