News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: $$ for necrons..please read!  (Read 1190 times)

Offline yarrow

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
$$ for necrons..please read!
« on: September 14, 2005, 08:38:19 AM »
This guy i met is selling his necrons for $400.00, I wanted advice if this is worth it for the price....
8 fast destroyers
3 heavy destroyers
3 tomb spyders
10 pariahs
10 immortals
10 flayed ones
3 wraiths
1 deciever god
11 swarms

thanks, yarrow

Offline Waaagh?

• What's that Waaagh about anyway?
Re: $$ for necrons..please read!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:51:40 AM »
No warriors? Well, if you don't have any necrons yet, you really shouldn't do it. Most of the units listed here don't work in conjunction with the other ones listed here. I.e.the Destroyers are good for shooting, as are the Immortals, but if you use them both, you won't have much points left for the rest. Mostly, the Necron army only works well if it is cc-oriented or shooting oriented. If you, for example, have 10 Flayed Ones and 3 Wraiths in your army, and some Destroyers and Immortals, you won't have enough cc-punch to hold yourself against a cc-oriented foe (Orks, 'Nids), and you also cannot outshoot them, because you don't have enough good shooting units. So my conclusion: if you're new to the Necron army and have that amount of money to buy stuff, you'd better first get 1 or 2 battleforces, an HQ unit, and some immortals and destroyers or cc units.
>"Last game, you hid your Khorne Berserkers in terrain all game
   so you could claim a table quarter. "

<"So? It's a game! You're supposed to try to win! "

>"That's exactly what I mean. You just play to win. "

<"That doesn't make me a power gamer! "

>". . . "

<"What? Why don't you say something? "

Offline yarrow

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 10:57:29 AM »
see I'm starting a new necron army..I already have:
2 lords
48 warriors
3 wraiths
1 heavy destroyer
14 swarms bases
1 nightbringer

Offline Metamorphic

• Dark Eldar to Necrons to Dark Eldar
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 12:58:35 PM »
leave them for another day unless you are rich.....or have tons of money saved ;).unless they are pro painted then go for it!  ;)
but ive never seen a PRO painted necron...sure the nightbringer in the codex is pro but its not PRO like other detailed armies  :'(
seeing her soaking wet from the splash of the car knowing see is crying but not being able to prove it to her myself or  anybody but most of all the fact she can let it out to never let it out so she will be strong until at where she sits crying crying for love for hope for happiness.....

Offline Foxfire

• Necron Lord of 40KO | KoN Veteran
  • Ancient
  • The picture is a werewolf
  • Armies: Necrons and Orks
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 03:36:18 PM »
I think it's a matter of personal preference.  I would never buy an entire army in one go, but if that's what you were going to buy anyway then go for it.  He is offering it to you cheaper than you could buy it from GW, but that isn't saying much ;)

Offline Rick

• meh
    • some of my mini's
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 12:13:17 AM »
Try asking him if he will sell you some of his necrons.  namely the immortals.   That would be the next thing I would buy if I was you (out of that list)