News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necrons 1500pts (now with added C'tan)  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
Necrons 1500pts (now with added C'tan)
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:24:03 AM »
The Models i have are:

1 lord
1 D-lord
28 Warriors
3 destroyers
10 scarabs
monolith
3 Tomb spyders

Out of the units above, i made a 1500pt list, but having spent time considering having a C'tan, this is the list i have come up with:

- Nightbringer
 - 2 x 10 warriors
 - 5 immortals
 - Monolith
 - 3 tomb spyders
 - 8 scarabs

I will mostly be fighting my ork friend, i've made at list that can shoot whilst delay the ork charges, scarabs for speed bumps, tomb spyders to tie specific units up, Nightbringer to stand as a symbol of fear, cut down orks holding objectives and maybe.. Ghaz will go chasing him around and around the table hehe... (my friend watches these posts! i know your reading!!) Monolith can do what it does best.
i chose NB over Deceiver because: a) i like the model, b) gaze of death & Tempest will mean NB will be a killer in CC AND and i can deny the orks CC by flinging them away.If i went with Deciever i could probably drop the scarabs and add a D-Lord in to the list - but then the Deceiver will just be hit and running really.

D/Z

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Necrons, Guard, Tau, Marines
Re: Necrons 1500pts (now with added C'tan)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:45:50 PM »
By my count you still have a nice 144 points left to spend. To up your fire base I'd suggest a separate squad of 5 more Immortals (to create separate targets over a full squad of 10 and help with WBB between them) or if you need some AP2 goodness, a squad of 2 Heavy Destroyers (to start picking off Mega nobs or something)

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:19:27 PM »
thats not a bad idea Kaiju, having a squad of 2 Heavy D's would really add a valuable touch. but i won't be able to do this at the moment.
i just about have enough money for a C'tan currently, so i could either get a C'tan OR something esle about the same price. So for the time being i have to work with what i have.

i'm currently using the same list except swap the NB for 2 lords.

D/Z

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:03 PM »
oh I assumed you could proxy the Heavy Destroyers with normal Destroyers because you don't have the Immortals you're using listed in what models you own? To fill out that 144 points then using what you own I think dropping 1 Scarab to add the 3 Destroyers would be your best bet because of their mobility and high rate of fire to pick off orks while staying nice and far away from assault.

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 05:17:17 PM »
Oh!
i forgot them off the list!

ok so unless i've added up wrong...i have here on my armylist paper:

+ a Nightbringer
+ 3 destroyers
+ monolith
+ 2x 10 warriors
+ 5x Immortals
+ 3x Tomb spyders

(yes i did add up wrong!!  :-[ )
that gives me a total of 1410, giving me 90pts to play with -  that could make 7 scarabs swarms?, with 6pts left spare

Thanks Kaiju, i would never have noticed the mistakes and ended up playing an illegal list.

yeah i've never thought of playing proxy, i'm sure my friend will let me test it out.

Thanks again,

D/Z

Offline Nekoda

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 05:34:44 PM »
I'm sure he would  ;)

Offline Dark_Zadok

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • With Faith comes Fire
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
speak of the dev....Ork..

Offline Kaiju Senso

• Necrontyr Warrior
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »

Thanks Kaiju, i would never have noticed the mistakes and ended up playing an illegal list.

yeah i've never thought of playing proxy, i'm sure my friend will let me test it out.

Thanks again,

D/Z

no problem, the list wouldn't have been illegal since you didn't break any rules with the Force Organization but you would have been down a sum of points and that could have made for a tougher battle.

For that last 90 points, splitting the Scarabs up into a unit of 3 and 4 might be a better option for a speed bump. It'll add a kill point but hopefully let you slow down 2 separate units. Da boyz will make short work of the larger squad anyway coupled with No Retreat wounds and what not but that's your call based on how you and your opponent play.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »

no problem, the list wouldn't have been illegal since you didn't break any rules with the Force Organization but you would have been down a sum of points and that could have made for a tougher battle.

For that last 90 points, splitting the Scarabs up into a unit of 3 and 4 might be a better option for a speed bump. It'll add a kill point but hopefully let you slow down 2 separate units. Da boyz will make short work of the larger squad anyway coupled with No Retreat wounds and what not but that's your call based on how you and your opponent play.

This is good advice. Generally, you always want to split scarabs up into as many units as possible for exactly this reason. The more squads you can slow down, the longer your guns will keep firing.