News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Exodite Idea Avatar count-as character  (Read 952 times)

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
Exodite Idea Avatar count-as character
« on: December 4, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »
hey, I was debating whether to post this on the exodites forum, but I'd prefer to post it here with the other eldar things, as I feel there are more people who understand the backstory to help me with my idea.

So, although the current avatar model is pretty amazing, my army is themed to be Eldar fighting with exodites. So, I thought about what to use as a count-as exodite character, and was thinking there would be a way to make an avatar/wraith construct of the exodites that is created in honor of Isha.

So, I thought the basis of this conversion would be the wood elves' King Orion (the tall guy with the horn). I was thinking that his horn could be a symbol of the inspiring pressence, while his spear would be able to be throw for the wailing doom type effect.

Also, I was thinking for it to be built out of wraithbone and tears/water maybe, and would bear many red (painted/scorch marks) scars on its wraithbone frame to signify how Isha was tormented/tortured by Khaine. It would be painted bluish, with the contrasting burn marks on its body (along with maybe cuts/lash marks painted/maybe cut into the model). I was thinking that it would be spawned/created at the center of a crone world, where the exodites have their center of power (read the eldar codex on exodites, it mentions something in the center of planets which combines the power of the whole planet for their world spirit).

so what do you guys think? I am willing to put a lot of work into this, and I am considering replacing Orion's hooved legs (Well I'd cut off the calves) and replace them with the lower legs of an avatar for the feet+knee pads look. Id love to hear people's comments. I've always been fascinated by the idea of exodites.

cheers, Cloud

P.S. because he would be created out of tears/wraithbone, he would resists flames/melta weapons like the avatar. I will also seek to find a name for him

-updated December 4th, I have ordered the model which should arrive in about a week.
-instead of using the avatar's legs, I will only remove the feet/hooves of the model, which shall be replaced by 2 spare plastic wraithlord feet.
-here is a picture of the model I shall be converting http://media.photobucket.com/image/orion%20king%20of%20the%20woods%20warhammer/waylander2/orion.jpg
« Last Edit: December 6, 2009, 11:01:59 PM by enlargingcloud »

Offline Shadow Slayer

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Fury of Alaitoc
Re: Exodite Idea Avatar count-as character
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2009, 02:41:32 PM »
Here is another Idea for you to throw around.

Have it count as an Exodite lord on a dragon mount.

Dragon has flame properties (Hence the melta weapon status and fire resistance) Exodite lord brings the weapon skill, and some kind of exotic power lance into the equasion.  Leader gives the fearless bubble. 

MC rules still apply, a type of rune armor gives the invuln save, and that way you can preserve more of the "dinosaur riding" image that the exodites tend to conjur up. 

They aren't really known for any type of avatar, but they sure as heck have their dragons around, but sadly, none of the core eldar units exept mabe singing spears really represent their style all that much.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2009, 04:21:52 PM »
true, well sadly I've already ordered the model to convert (im very exited!) but I may in the far future model some shining spears to be like what you said, without using avatar rules

Offline Neostrider

« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
You could do some sort of woodland Wraithlord but the avatar seems clearly defined as a god of war.  Fertility doesn't really feel avatar-ish.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #4 on: December 7, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
well it isn't an avtar, but more to be like a guardian or protector that stays on the exodite worlds.

it is in no way meant to be an avatar of khaine (who is the god of war). I am using the rules because it is a monstrous creature, that is unlike a wraithlord and provides bonuses to those around it. And the model (Orion) is similarly sized

Offline neverXmore

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! I really do.
« Reply #5 on: December 9, 2009, 06:08:41 AM »
Orion is a guy. Isn't Isha a chick?

So sad but true.
I don't want to seem rude but if I wanted to take part in talking about why the eldar codex needs to be better I'd read pretty much any thread in the Eldar forum.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #6 on: December 9, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »
true although I don't feel that a creation/idol of her powers must be a women. Also I found Orion to have a good pose and seems good for modelling/conversion purposes.

Although I will have representations of Isha on this idol of hers (made by the exodites in her honor maybe?). I'm still working on fluff, but I am not intending this to be a true avatar of Isha, it is a wraithbone body that represents Isha's life and is a defender of the exodite worlds. I will have little lizards+dragons crawling around it too.

Offline neverXmore

• I *LOVE* 40k Online! I really do.
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 02:22:28 AM »
You're giving up a maginficent opportunity for boobies you know.
How good are you with green stuff ...?

So sad but true.
I don't want to seem rude but if I wanted to take part in talking about why the eldar codex needs to be better I'd read pretty much any thread in the Eldar forum.

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »
sadly not good enough, my greenstuffing skills have been mostly devoted to making stuff look gross for my nurgle marines, so I don't want to be modeling that and reallize there are holes everywhere and it looks terrifying. ya dig?

but the conversion is coming out quite well! Its fitting in with the look of my footslogging eldar, and it fights besides a wraithlord. I'll post pics of my army when its done