News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!  (Read 214474 times)

Offline MortVader83

• There's no reason for it. It's just our policy
  • Armies: Grey Knights 5th Brotherhood, CSM, Nids, DA, SM.
Re: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!
« Reply #2360 on: October 16, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »
 While seeing my Orthopedic Doctor today about possibly having surgery done he asked how my fine motor control was doing in my right hand. Told him it was doing just fine and that I thought taking up miniatures painting again has drastically helped. Hell, most people can read my hand wtiting now lol. He went on to ask about the minis and I explained I played 40k. At this he chuckled, pulled out his phone and proceeded to show me pics of his Ork army complete with a very nice Painboy conversion of an ork in a Dr.'s lab coat! 40k is everywhere!
"Ofcourse it's safe to smoke! I'm just loading Class-A fireworks, nothing dangerous."

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #2361 on: October 16, 2012, 05:17:16 PM »
this was a while ago. before 6th ed lol

i was playing DE against CSM.

my archon had finally killed the tzeencth terminator sorcerer after 2 rounds of combat. stupid 4+ save and me needing 5's to wound lol. before i finish off the other termies (my incubi are already dead) he suffers 2 wounds from power weapons.

now the game is almost over and i am losing by 1 killpoint. so i charge my archon into his defiler! being str 6 because of soul trap and now i had furious charge i was str 7! i hit the thing about 4 times and rolled only one pen! lol and them i rolled a 6 and the thing blew up sky high. then the explosion killed my archon but man that was glorious! just before the game ended i dark lanced a rhino to death and tied up the game :D
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
Vulkan taken down by a ... Guardian, an Eldar Guardian :-\
« Reply #2362 on: November 13, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »
Hey all

Had a game of 40k other day down the club
(battle write up coming soon)
Facing my mates Eldar list

Early on ... I think my second turn
Vulkan He'stan and his trusty Assault Terminators jumped out their Land Raider Redeemer
The Terminators was charging head strong into a Seer Council on Jet bikes
(Modeled on Dark Eldar Hellion Sky-board)
Where as Vulkan stepped out in front of Storm Guardians
"Easy!!!" ... Vulkan thought

Raised his gauntlet and let loose a torrent of purifying flame onto the Xeno
Roasted all but three Guardians ... one totting a Fusion Gun
So Vulkan charged head strong into the remaining to down before joining his Terminators again the Warlocks and Farseer

Sadly ... after but his first step
The Fusion Gun Guardian .... blew his head off

ARGHHH!!!!
1/6 chance for the Guardian to hit -> Unlikely
1/6 chance for the Guardian to fail to wound -> Unlikely
2/6 chance for Vulkan to fail his Inv. Save -> Annoyingly more likely than you'd think
Being killed by one Xeno your over 13times more pricey than with one shot -> Very annoying

But fun game
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L

Offline MortVader83

• There's no reason for it. It's just our policy
  • Armies: Grey Knights 5th Brotherhood, CSM, Nids, DA, SM.
« Reply #2363 on: December 14, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
 I hope this is the right section for this. I had a GREAT time the other day playing 40k! Had the chance to take a lil trip to play a couple of games against Jawmonkey. Sure he tabled me on game 1 and won the second one quite handily but it was worth the drive! It was a blast and I suggest that if anyone gets the chance to game with him they take it. You won't be disappointed.
"Ofcourse it's safe to smoke! I'm just loading Class-A fireworks, nothing dangerous."

Offline Nemo vas Varya

• Ork Yoof
  • Keelah se'lai
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar, Dark Angels, and High Elves
« Reply #2364 on: December 16, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »
The game is 10-8.

Other player has two objectives, first blood, and line breaker.

I have three objectives and slay the warlord.

Other player also has one Drop Pod that keeps getting put back into reserves. (It is really trying to get back into reserves, scattering up to 12 inches at times.)

Turn four his pod arrives, and he slams it down next to an objective confident that his wolf guard can murder the guardsmen blob in the ruins holding the objective.

FRF,SRF resulting in a 40 man blob lighting up the terminators. 34 lasrifles open fire, 3 shots each... 102 shots, rolled 10 at a time with not a single miss. Of the 102 hits, 73 wounded... needless to say... only to have such damn good shooting wasted as his first toss of 10 dice for saves came up with 5 1s.
Tali: Shepard! Want a drink?

Shepard: So… how are you getting drunk, anyway?

Tali: Very carefully. Turian brandy… tripled filtered and introduced into the suit through this… emergency induction port.

Shepard: That’s a straw, Tali.

Tali: Emergency. Induction. Port.

Offline THE Dwarf

• The one and true Ginger Dwarf
  • Armies: Space Marines; Salamanders  &   Eldar;
« Reply #2365 on: December 18, 2012, 09:13:55 AM »
This is from a text my cousin (Cactus from B&C forum) sent me ...
... about a game he had a while back

He was playing with his 'Nids vs Imperial Guard

His two broods of Termagants ...
... destroyed a Chimera and the Veterans inside
... took two objectives
... functioned out of Synapse range for three turns
... and to top it off ...
... made the enemy warlord flee of the board in the final turn

And quote taken from his text ...
"They are as Gods, my beloved 5pt bullet catchers!"

@CommissarNemoVarya
I don't know what I'd be more affriad of
His Termagants ...
... or your Imperial Guard Blob Squad
 :P
THE Dwarf

BATTLES; W/L/D  -  Updated 13/12/2012
Space Marines; Salamanders - 38/14/9
Craftworld Eldar; Saim-Hann - 2/3/4
TOURNAMENTS
40k Doubles, Feb '12; L-L-D-W-W  -> Rank; 84/114
Immortal Warzone, Apr '12; L-L-W  -> Rank; 46/60
INVASION, Aug '12; W-W-L

Offline GaleRazorwind

• Hormagaunt
  • Ziltoid Lives!
  • Armies: Nids, BA, CSM
« Reply #2366 on: December 22, 2012, 10:22:24 PM »
I've had two games with my new CSM list against a SoB with DA allies and boy has he had the worst luck scattering. Game 1, termie squad with Belial DS on turn one, scatter into my guys, and get delayed. Turn two they come in, scatter off the table, and are destroyed. Game 2, Terminators (not with Belial this time), scatter into my guys on turn one and are delayed, but they manage to arrive turn 2 and not die. On the other hand, pretty much all of his reserves did not arrive until turn 4, and his squad of Seraphim (you guessed it!) scattered into my guys and died. Ouch!

In game 2, I had 3 models with Gift of Mutation, and two of them rolled Dark Apotheosis for their roll >_< couldn't wait until I could actually use it, huh?
Ziltoid is so omniscient, if there were to be two omnisciences, he would be both!

Offline Nemo vas Varya

• Ork Yoof
  • Keelah se'lai
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Eldar, Dark Angels, and High Elves
« Reply #2367 on: December 23, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »
IG v Tyranid in the Relic...

First turn shooting had put my guard at a significant advantage dropping one of the two termaguant poopers (The other would be dealt with by a suicidal death squad grav chuting from a Vendetta.) Plus a Scout move from my allied Ravenwing Squad gave me the relic the very first turn, which was passed to the attack bike while the bikes themselves screened it back into the outer edge of my deployment when a Swarm Lord managed to carve its way to the attack bike by turn 3.

Top of turn 5, the Swarm Lord is still carving its way through my backfield, and currently standing next to relic, with guants having arrived via prime tunnel thingy doing so damage. I have all three secondaries, he only has line breaker at this time. A squad of gaunts could walk up and claim objective, and I have two generic guards men in walking distance. All or nothing move begins. Vendetta, in hover, moves next to Objective, Chimera with Company Command Squad moves up, my last blob moves from its castle to provide fire support, and I risk losing Linebreaker to keep the devil dog with a shot on the Swarm Lord.

The sole survivor of the Las Cannon HWT fires, gets the first wound on the Swarm Lord, Devil dog misses and immobilizes the CCS's Chimera, the Vendetta squares the swarm lord in the face bringing it down.

The CCS' MoO pins the guants in walking distance, (no synapse now thanks to swarm lords death.) and the other blob opens fire on them. Turn 5, his warriors risk the massive 12 inch charge but don't make it, his biovores attack the devil dog, but the devil dog is safe.

The two guards men holding the relic live.

Turn 6, the two guardsmen with the Relic hop into the vendetta, which begins its slow 6 inch crawl away from the warriors. The evil dog kills the two biovores. With 18 inches between him and the vendetta, which had a fire arc on the warriors, and a 20 man untouched blob to deal with his termies, he conceded the game.

The sheer cinematic moment of that last ditch rush on the relic leading to a salvaged win out of no where just had awesome all over. The image of those two surviving guards, one lugging his heavy vox after screaming for evac into it, the other pulling whatever weapon they were going to use to defeat the tyranid aboard, and the watching eyes of the warriors as the Vendetta pulls away.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:42:22 AM by CommissarNemoVarya »
Tali: Shepard! Want a drink?

Shepard: So… how are you getting drunk, anyway?

Tali: Very carefully. Turian brandy… tripled filtered and introduced into the suit through this… emergency induction port.

Shepard: That’s a straw, Tali.

Tali: Emergency. Induction. Port.

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
« Reply #2368 on: December 23, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
Played a (characteristically one sided) game against my friends Grey Knights a whee bit back, and had a moment which i thought deserved being commited to writing.

End of turn 2, he had managed to get one of 2 Dreadknights wedged deep into my line. It had managed to route my Striking Scorpions (His army was mostly Terminators, so i opted for higher S and more A over power weapons) that turn and stood poised to barrel into one of my Dire Avenger squads.

Seeing no real alternative (the damn thing had the jump-pack thing) i Bladestormed the beastie, cast Forewarning (or whatever it's called) on the Avengers, and charged in. As i play more for character than functionality, the Avenger Exarch in said squad has a Dire Sword, and i knew, if i got really, really lucky, i could take the thing down.

Fast forward to turn 5. 6 Avengers are still alive, including the Exarch. Not a wound on the Dread Knight. Draigo is closing on one side, Paladins on the other. My Avengers were doomed, i was convinced of that, but i was determined to kill the blasted thing. Rolled the dice, got a single wound with my Exarch. He fails his invulnerable, then rolls an 11 for leadership, and the Dreadknight keels over.

Feeling rather proud, i moved my Avengers close to the Paladins to get it overwith. Low and behold, my Exarch insta-killed 2 of them in my friends turn, with the Avengers killing a third, while suffering no losses in return. By the time Draigo made it in on turn 6, the Paladins were dead, and that Diresword had paid for its self 20 times over.

Still lost though, but it felt good for the Diresword to be useful for once.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline Hive Fleet Dread Q'thulu

« Reply #2369 on: June 15, 2013, 12:11:11 AM »
Last game against my buddies tau I dropped his riptide in on hit wiith my swarmlord the look on his face was priceless.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2370 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:40 PM »
This thread hasn't had anything posted in a while, so let's breath some new life into it with a couple of fun turn of events.

1)  While playing during a tournament that was marking the end of 6th edition, using the rules for the last time before everyone made the switch to 7th, I was playing my Ravenwing against a Tau player.  I don't remember the exact composition of his army, but the biggest thing that stood out was that he had the special character Riptide joined with a second Riptide, making it a unit that I would have had an extremely difficult time dealing with as my army did focus primarily on bolter shots.  He got first turn and moved them forward a bit.  On my turn I moved my Librarian on a bike within range and cast Terrify on the unit.  They failed the LD test and fled 10".  The Riptides were fine, but he had left a drone that was attached to the unit hanging back a bit and it was off the table edge by half an inch, so the entire unit fled the game.  From there, because I had very little to actually fear in his army, I went on to destroy everything else in his list.

2)  Playing my Deathwing + Imperial Knights (yes, Knights against Grey Knights, my opponent charged my Knight Paladin with his Dreadknight and took all 6 hull points in one round of combat.  But seeing as how our initiative is the same, I swung back and hit with one attack, but turns out that was all I needed as I rolled a 6 for the D-weapon chart.  That in itself was enough to kill the Dreadknight, but my opponent wanted to know just how many wounds his knight had taken.  Roll up another die and that knight was not only killed, but it was utterly obliterated by taking 12 wounds!

3)  This one happened just this past Thursday, was playing my Dark Angels against Chaos Space Marines / Daemons at 5000 points.  The exact army list construction isn't important, but what is important is that I took Gerantius (the special character Imperial Knight from WD24) and placed it down directly in front of his Khorne Lord of Skulls, or as I like to call it... the Tonka Truck of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

He got first turn and moved the Lord of Skulls forward and measured the distance between it and my knight, telling me that I needed a 6" charge to make it into combat.  Moving the knight forward, I figured that due to how many hull points it had, to kill it I would have to do some considerable damage to it in the shooting phase before making the charge.  That was easier said than done due to him using the Grimoire that gives a boost to the Invulnerable save of any Daemon unit.  After all was said and done, I had managed to peel off one hull point by the end of the shooting phase.  The charge sub phase came and I started with the knight, rolling the distance to charge I missed it by one inch.  Crap!  Now I was in for a world of pain!!!

During his turn, he wanted to make sure that he killed the Knight in one round of combat, so not only did he charge with the Lord of Skulls, but he brought a Maulerfiend in to charge from the rear.  Thankfully the knight is faster in combat so I was able to strike the LOS first.  I only managed one hit with the D-weapon and again I rolled the 6 for damage, by-passing his invulnerable save, and on the D6 to see how many extra hullpoints I took, I rolled a 3, destroying the Tonka Truck in a single hit before it even got to swing!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2371 on: November 6, 2014, 11:27:49 PM »
A night of humiliation for me in the gaming world!

Tonight was my LGS's normal gaming night, it runs from 1800 to 2100.  I brought out my deathwing (27 terminators + feel no pain banner + 3 bikes + drop pod dreadnought) against a friends Chaos Space Marines.  The game started out well, he charged two Maulerfiends into a squad of 5 terminators, I killed and he killed 3 of the Terminators.  He also charged a daemon prince into 10 terminators with Belial and the Librarian, managed to drop him in one round of combat before those terminators charged his CSM squad.

After that, it all went down hill from there.  He sent a second Daemon Prince into 10 man unit as well as a unit of 7 bezerkers + kharn, knocked them down to 3 models (Libby and 2 terminators).  So I charge 5 terminators into the Daemon Prince and 5 terminators into the bezerkers.  The Daemon Prince goes 5/5 for his attacks to wound the terminators that charged him, and I went 0/5 for saves, including the storm shield which died first.  We got 4 complete turns in before I was wiped out, and the game finished at 1905.

Now to put that in perspective, at 1800 the store owner pairs everyone up, give it a few minutes to get organized and matched, then taking everything out of your case and setting up... I was tabled in less than 45 minutes at 1850pts.

We still had two hours in the night, so we figured we would play a second game, but swap armies!  Seemed like a good idea, until we started rolling dice.  He went first and the librarian cast Psychic shriek on one Daemon Prince, rolling a 16 and causing 7 wounds.  Somehow I managed to save 5.  His shooting then proceeded to kill the prince, which was expected.  In my first turn, I cast endurance on my remaining prince and rolled perils.  You guessed it, rolled a one and failed the leadership test.

***POP*** went the second Daemon Prince!

Yeah, that game didn't go much better.  We were done by 1955.  Two crushing defeats with two different armies in less than two hours!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #2372 on: November 7, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »
I was playing a game using my Astra Militarum with an allied Nemesis Strike Force detachment consisting of 5 terminators and a ML3 librarian.  I loving spend two weeks painting them in the colors of the exorcists and this was the first game I was going to be able to play with them. My opponent had a farseer with a squad of dark reapers sitting in cover near the back edge of the board.  I thought I would deep strike in within 8" so I could toss a psych out grenade at the farseer.  I ended up scattering 8 inches, landing on the farseer, and suffering a mishap.  I rolled a 1 and destroyed my entire detachment turn 1.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #2373 on: November 7, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »
While trying out my dark eldar versus space wolves, a heavy flamer/TL flamer dreadnaught drop pods next to my wyches' raider.  He manages to explode the transport and roast all but 3 girls inside. On my turn, I fling a haywire grenade at him and don't accomplish much else.  His turn, he turns the flamers on the surviving wyches dealing six wounds.  My three wyches then proceed to pass 5 out of 6 6+ feel no pains.  Frustrated, the dreadnaught charges, so my hekatrix flings another haywire into his face.  He hammer of wraths the last non-hekatrix wych out of the way, but is too slow to prevent my hekatrix from slapping the final haywire onto him. 

Haywires ftw. Those wyches will appear often in my lists, no matter what people say about them!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2374 on: November 7, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
In a recent game against crimson fists, my orks were suffering at the wrong end of a thunderfire cannon so my squadron of death coptas charged (started as 5, was down to three when they charged) at the bottom of turn two. The techmarine gunner lasted all game against those three death coptas, NINE player turns of close combat without getting wounded or causing a wound. Of course my death coptas failed to kill the techmarine and stayed locked with it, causing wounds but that pesky 2+ save was just irritating. The game ended after turn six, with the three coptas still locked with the techmarine gunner.

I think I will have to tie some pink ribbons onto those three deff copta's until they redeem themselves in a future game.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2375 on: June 4, 2015, 10:00:18 PM »
It's taken this long since the Harlequins came out, but the Deathjesters have finally come through for me! 

Playing against Necrons, I had a DJ in a Starweaver take a shot at a unit of 20 Necron Warriors + Cryptek.  I was able to kill a single warrior, which forced the morale check.  Even without the negative leadership modifier, he would have failed the test!  The best part was that he was 5" away from the side table edge.  Using the DJ's special rule and he flees 8" off the side of the table!  Glorious!

So one dead model results in 20 additional models running from the table.  The look on my opponents face...

« Last Edit: June 4, 2015, 10:07:24 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #2376 on: June 5, 2015, 07:04:14 AM »
Nice GML... can't wait to run Harlies myself. I'm so looking forward to doing the same thing with my DJ. Make sure you give him a kill marking on his shuriken cannon!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2377 on: April 21, 2016, 09:39:06 PM »
Another enjoyable Harlequin story!

I was playing against a Grey Knight / White Scar list with my Harlequins, but I was trying something new where I back a bit on the Harlequins to include a Culexus assassin.  I infiltrated the assassin right into the center of the board to put pressure on his Dreadknights.  He had first turn and threw Khan and his command squad at the assassin to eliminate him.  With his whole army shooting, he caused one wound.  When he charged with Khan, he challenged and the assassin was forced to accept.

As we start the combat I tell my opponent (a good friend of mine) how it was going to go down.  I tell him I am going to roll one wound, which will be a 6 for instant death, and Khan is going to die.  Roll the dice and... 1 hit, roll a 6, khan fails his invulnerable save and dies!

In my following turn, I charge his Invisible Grey Knight Terminators that he deep striked right in front of my lines with:  10 Caress armed Troupes, a Solitaire, and two Skyweavers with Zephyrglaives.  The solitaire drops one before I roll for the Caress unit.  His jaw hit the floor when I rolled nine 6's and half his unit died.

By the end of turn two he was down to the Apothecary in his bike command squad and two Dreadknights.  By the end of turn 3 there was nothing left.  His remarks after the game?  "Holy beslubber, when Harlequins make it into combat they are beslubbering terrifying!!!"

Uhhhhh... yeah.  That's what the army does lol.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2378 on: June 2, 2016, 10:07:21 PM »
Thought you guys might appreciate this story of never giving up in the face of overwhelming odds.

I was playing a game against a friend  tonight, and we both brought Imperial Knight centric lists that we will be bringing to a competitive tournament next weekend.

My list consisted of:
- Imperial Knight Baronial Court (Crusader as Baron with an Errant and Paladin)
- Combined Arms Dark Angels (Librarian on Bike with Shroud of Heroes, 3x 5 marines with Melta guns in drop pods)
- Culexus assassin.

His list was Renegade Knights (Crusader, Warden, and Gallant all with storm spear), and Chaos Space Marines (Lvl 3 Sorcerer w/ spell familiar, 2x 5 marines in rhinos with Melta Guns, and a Heldrake).

The game was going well where I had him pushed back into the corner of the table when everything started unravelling. I lost my Errant, Paladin, and Culexus in a single turn. On the bottom of turn 4 he killed off the last of my marines and charged his Crusader at my Crusader. His survived and mine did not.

So that left me with... a single drop pod with 2 hull points remaining. I was going to concede the game and give it to him because realistically it should not have been hard for an Imperial Knight to kill a Drop Pod, but I thought about it for a minute before saying "You know what, I want you to roll for it mother beslubberer!" So he moves his knight over to get shots on the drop pod and fires.

Thermal cannon rolls a 9 for the scatter and he misses the drop pod by 1/8". Stormspear rockets fire, one hit, one pen, fails to explode. Avenger Gatling cannon fires, 6 hit (out of 12 shots), 1 glance. Should be enough to kill it, but the drop pod is obscured by a ruin wall! Roll the save and it lives! Since this was the bottom of turn five, we roll to see if the game continues...

He rolls a 1. Game over! I win because I have a drop pod with a single hull point left on the table!
« Last Edit: June 2, 2016, 10:08:32 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: November 3, 2016, 10:04:21 PM »
Tonight was one of my more memorable last stands by a character.

Belial was the sole survivor of my Deathstar unit which comprised of:  Belial, Azrael, Ezekiel, and a Deathwing Command Squad.  First, I should point out that he had racked up quite the body count on his own.  He alone had killed 4 Grey Knight Terminators, an Inquisitor, and Grey Knight Librarian, and 7 Grey Knight Paladins.  He was on his own and down to one wound when and on his own when he was charged by two Dreadknights at the same time; one of which had two wounds left and the other had three.

He managed to survive the first round of combat through some good saves and my opponent rolling like crap, and brought the first Dreadknight down to having a single wound left.  So, he has his epic stand off, but the odds are really not in his favour.  So what would such a bad ass character do in this instance?  Call in fire support!

As you can see in the image, things are looking dire for the Grand Master.  I had a squadron of three Vindicators on the opposite side of some ruins, and my opponent had his Land Raider close enough that I figured some "danger-close" action was required.  So, being the risk taker I am, I fire a single shot from the Vindicators to hit the Land Raider, but placed it in such a way that I would clip both Dreadknights in the blast and avoid hitting Belial.  Roll for scatter and it hits!  The edge of the blast template is less than 1/8" from touching Belials base!  Managed to  immobilize the Land Raider, took the final wound off one Dreadknight, and brought the other down to having two wounds left!

In that round of combat, Belial turns and challenges the other Dreadknight, who fails to hit before he receives a righteous Thunder Hammer to the face! 
I knew I had fans!!!