News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: TWC list 1500 and 1750  (Read 948 times)

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
TWC list 1500 and 1750
« on: June 1, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »

I'm thinking of building a SW list. I've taken the units I've faced thst have caused me the most trouble when I'm playing my other armies (GK and Nids currently as I recently sold my BA and Necrons).

-1750-

rune priest, chooser of slain, living lightning, jaws of the world wolf, wolf tooth talisman, wolf tooth necklace 125
rune priest, murderous hurricane, tempests wrath, wolf tooth talisman, wolf tooth necklace 115

3 wolfguard 3 combi-melta, 2 power weapon, 1 powerfist 79

7 grey hunters, melta gun, wolf standard, rhino 155
7 grey hunters, melta gun, wolf standard, rhino 155
7 grey hunters, melta gun, wolf standard, mark of the wolfen, rhino 170

3 thunderwolf cavalry, 2 stormshields, thunderhammer 240

5 long fangs, 4 missile launchers 115
5 long fangs, 4 missile launchers 115

At 1500 - drop a cav squad and ten points in upgrades.

So my thinking ...
- I love rune priests. They add a lot of utility to a list and fill in the weaknesses. Sure a wolf lord can be scary but truly even three thunderwolves bring a whole lot of pain and if you double assault ... well. But I want the nifty psychic powers rune priests bring to the table. I was tempted to just take Njal but I think double priests in rhinos work better.
- I really like twc. They have never failed to impress me when I've faced them.
- I would not play SW without long fangs. I can't think of a better unit at the cost.
- Tempting as it is to add lone wolfs and iron priests I think they are over costed for what they add to the list. I have cc as is.

So really I just put together the squads that scare me the most when they are on the table and added plenty of melta. I also wanted a list that could hold up in 6ed judging by the leaked changes to come. I want to make sure I weather assaults and dish out the dakka pain. Please feel free to correct any of my theories and assumptions.
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
Re: TWC list 1500 and 1750
« Reply #1 on: June 2, 2012, 07:11:42 AM »
This looks like a great list - competitive, fun and wolfy! A few tips: first of all I would give all the WG power fists, to take out walkers in combat, and give you more antitank. I would also recommend MotW on the grey hunters as it adds a fearsome amount of attacks.

I would give the chooser to the MH TR RP, as he needs to hit more than the LL Jaws one.

if I were you I would combine the TWC squads into two four man, and use the points to add the upgrades mentioned above. Finaly, I am assuming that the TH TWC model has a SS as well, if not give into him not the other model because he needs to survive combat to hit stuff.

Other than these tweeks,the list looks good
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Swamp Rat

« Reply #2 on: June 2, 2012, 07:30:07 AM »
The Murderous Hurricane doesn't actually need the Chooser of the Slain, as he'll probably never use his BS.

Murderous Hurricane causes wounds, not hits.
the only hope you have is to accept the fact that you're already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function the way a soldier is supposed to function -- without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All war depends on it.

Don't cry for the Happy dead
But weep for those who dread to die.

Space Wolves Win Draw Loss - 5-3-0

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #3 on: June 2, 2012, 08:34:07 AM »
It does? *runs upstairs to check his dex, and after a brief search finds it and checks* so it does, the unit takes X hits, not the RP fires X shots. Well, I've been misusing it for ages! Those wytches had better be afraid (more than they already were)
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
« Reply #4 on: June 2, 2012, 08:52:32 AM »

I will take some of your advice. I don't like dropping a squad of twc - I think 3 squads of three is very distracting and tough to eliminate. And I'm going to have to drop a squad at 1500 regardless. I do like adding MotW. It is a point crunch though. I will have to drop WTN on my priests and the PF on my WG to find the points. I like PFs but I can rely on melta for AT and twc with thunderhammers to take out a walker - hopefully. My troops should be able to just avoid assault with walkers and my long fangs can fire away with missiles. I'll add the extra two MotW for sure though. The TH model will have a shield, yes.
1 twc w/ shield/th
1 twc w/ shield
1 twc naked.
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are