News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pictures not appearing  (Read 3128 times)

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
  • Armies: Chaos Space Marines
Pictures not appearing
« on: May 9, 2017, 10:45:56 PM »
When I am looking at articles on the site pictures do not appear, I ether get a image not available or a black white space. Just thought I would see if anyone had any fixes.

Cheers
Ave Dominus Nox

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Pictures not appearing
« Reply #1 on: May 9, 2017, 11:03:42 PM »
Is there a particular article you could use as an example?  It could be that there is an error with the code, or it could also be that the image is no longer being hosted online.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 11:40:11 AM »
In the art and fiction section the Old Drawing article the pictures say picture not found click for photos. While the concept sketches article underneath the pictures are there is an image of a sheet of paper with a mountain in the middle and a cloud in the upper left corner.
Ave Dominus Nox

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 12:15:03 PM »
Ah.  I see what you're talking about now.  That is a case where the image is no longer being hosted.

That's an issue that comes up in the boards that have less traffic.  The post you are referring to is over two years old.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Brash

• Titan Games
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
Ah I see thanks a lot, I was also wondering about posting images. Is there a tutorial somewhere on the site already. I just posted a link to an image in my Slaanesh champion with power fist conversation and it was edited to just show the picture. I would have posted just the pic if I had known how.
Ave Dominus Nox

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 09:04:05 PM »
Put these tags around the url for the image:
Code: [Select]
[img]image url goes here[/img]
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 09:40:05 PM »
With a reminder that the URL can't be sourced from your own hard drive. There has to be a host and that host can not be another forum or someone unaware of what you're doing. Hotlinking is bad pool.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 11:35:45 PM »
Upload your pics to your Facebook page. Right click on the image, click-copy image address, go to forum page, click on mini Mona Lisa then hold ctl and tap v. Then press the end button if you want to type or upload some more. 

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2017, 11:54:36 PM »
I would recommend websites like Imgur as they are easy to upload to, and have BB code links that you can copy that have the img tags already included.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:18:06 AM »
Flickr is good too. FB tends to degrade the quality of the image a good deal.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »
There are a number of tutorials about how to upload pictures to the forum.  Here are two of the most useful threads:

How To Use Bullentin Board Coding (BBC) [how to post an image, and more]
How to post Pictures within this section.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente