News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your veiws on the future  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Hatchan

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Now with Super-Turbo-****Yoo Action!
Re: Your veiws on the future
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2003, 09:52:01 AM »
Australia will conquer the entire planet with legions upon legions of kangeroo cavalry.

Either that, or you generic "bleak and un-happy future" scenario.

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2003, 06:45:05 PM »
There won't be a world in 100 years, thats my prediction.

Didn't know you were a Jehovas Witness....

Im not, you accused me of being  a muslim before tho..

You really need to brush up on your sarcasm detection skills.

My apologies, but a computer neither conveys emotions or tones of voice. You could be deadly serious for all I know...

Obviously you need to invest in a tone-o-vision monitor then.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline FireDaemon

• Hell yeah I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2003, 07:48:20 PM »
Australia will conquer the entire planet with legions upon legions of kangeroo cavalry.

Either that, or you generic "bleak and un-happy future" scenario.
Attack O' the Roos! Well, that wouldn't work out too well. As we all know Australia is a terrorist nation and therefor is not good at anything military wise.

Offline Murmure

• "I was born ready..."
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 11:35:52 PM »
My guess for the next 50y:

-America decline (they cant be much more than they already are), but still be a superpower. Rise of the middlepowers (Russia, China, Canada etc...)
-The rise of the political Right (police state etc...)
-growing of terrorism and anarchism movement, probably some civil war in a couple of western nations
-First sight of mega-corporation, as powerful as nations
-we probably be at the edge of a social revolution (100y prediction?)

Here my armies: (with win-draw-defeat)
Celes craftworld Ranger Force  10-1-4
Balrog Hivefleet   5-1-9
Sons of the Octopus SM chapter  2-3-5
Deamonhunter   0-0-3
Lizardmen   7-1-2

^_^

Offline Colonel Tangerine

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 11:38:29 PM »
Canada as a middle power? Sorry, but we just aren't that powerfull.

Though I agree with you on the middle power bit. Another up and comer in that category is India, and Brazil

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

Offline Mort

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2003, 06:48:58 AM »
Africa, or a least a coalition of African countries, will become a heavy hitter in the world economy and will most likely fall into the catagory of super power.
“and so by his divine wisdom the god emperor brought unto the light of the universe his most terrible weapon. he molded them from the steel of the mind and the fires of the warp. he gave them the tools of destruction and bid them to bring his swift vengeance.”

Offline Mort

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2003, 06:51:24 AM »
Oh! and organized religeon will crumble in the next 15-25 yrs.
“and so by his divine wisdom the god emperor brought unto the light of the universe his most terrible weapon. he molded them from the steel of the mind and the fires of the warp. he gave them the tools of destruction and bid them to bring his swift vengeance.”

Offline kharn012000

• The world is flat I tell you
  • I pick fights with fighting_scars!
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2003, 07:23:11 AM »
Doubtful. Very doubtful.

Offline Mort

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2003, 07:32:59 AM »
Why Kharn?

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2003, 07:03:20 PM »
Africa, or a least a coalition of African countries, will become a heavy hitter in the world economy and will most likely fall into the catagory of super power.

Doubtfull. The economy of Sub-Saharan Africa, with a few exceptions, is going straight down, not up. and northern Africa dosent have the population base.

Perhaps in Europe and North America, but it's doubtfull even there. However, in places like Africa and Latin America, people are actually getting more religious, and Church attendance(paticularily catholic) is skyrocketing. These are a growing sourse of strengh for organized religions.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

I miss EO.

Offline Mort

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2003, 01:54:55 AM »
These are just predictions Lateralus. I obviously do not think that those trends wil continue for much longer.

Besides, up and coming Brazil..... ha ha!

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2003, 01:58:11 AM »

Brazil has tremendous natural resources, a large population base, a fairly stable politica system, and excellent potential for growth. Obviously the debt is holding them back right now, but once that is sorted out, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

I miss EO.

Offline Mort

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2003, 02:11:13 AM »
And as is Africa just a bud, waiting to blossom into a succesful nation.

Personal opinion is what this thread asked for ..... get it!

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2003, 02:11:33 AM »

Brazil has tremendous natural resources, a large population base, a fairly stable politica system, and excellent potential for growth. Obviously the debt is holding them back right now, but once that is sorted out, it will be very interesting to see what happens.

The Brazil theory has been round for decades and nothing has ever happened. Brazil is stuck where it is due to foregin capitalism and exploitation.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2003, 02:15:49 AM »
Personal opinion is what this thread asked for ..... get it!

Yah, and I was just giving mine...don't take it so personally

The Brazil theory has been round for decades and nothing has ever happened. Brazil is stuck where it is due to foregin capitalism and exploitation.

Aye, tis true, tis true, along with the rest of Latin America, and a good chunk of the rest of the world. I suppose this is the price the world must pay, if the West wants to maintain it's standard of living. A great many people talk about equal distribution of wealth, but if they knew what it would actually mean for them, they would change their minds pretty quickly.

I miss EO.

Offline Mort

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2003, 02:44:10 AM »
And their are polite and impolite ways of giving it!

• Proliferate Capitalism
    • The Weekly
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2003, 02:53:16 AM »
And their are polite and impolite ways of giving it!

All I did say I was considered your predictions doubtfull...honestl y, I don't know what the big deal is.

I miss EO.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2003, 03:38:50 AM »
1. If you want to add something to your own post, use the Modify-button and modify your post instead since noone had responded yet. Better that then posting two times after eachother like that.

And as to the fall of religions? Ha!
Religions are a basic need of the human species, and even though certain nations have grown increasingly secular this last half-century or so religion, organized into churches, has been around for millennia, and will be around for a lot longer. The collapse of churches in some secularized states, selling of properly and much gnashing of teeth; sure. But the collapse of all organized religion? No way.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Mort

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2003, 05:31:43 AM »
I just feel thats science will make religions difficult to maintain in the near future.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2003, 05:44:25 AM »
I see no point of contestion between the two. I would love to see science "describe away" the human need to belive that there is someone looking out for us, something to rely on more than ourselves. No, there are many things science can do, but religion is too central in the life of a human being to be rid of.

Edit: The "death of religion" is as old as "the end to all wars". The thought is not new by any means. Plato said religion would shortly die. Victor Hugo said (1842 I think) that there would be no wars in the 20th century. Not quite spot on... Neither of them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 05:56:31 AM by Rasmus »

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.