News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: psychic powers and transports  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Archdamangaming

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
psychic powers and transports
« on: October 2, 2017, 05:51:09 PM »
Do psychic powers effect a squad inside a transport that dose not require line of sight if the transport is open top. Example Ancestors grace casted on a raider full of kabilite warrior's would it effect the units inside. And before you answer read what open top says any thing that would effect the transport for shooting would effect the squad inside.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: psychic powers and transports
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2017, 06:23:30 PM »
As per the rules for transport vehicles, embarked units cannot be targeted or affect in any way while embarked on a transport.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
Re: psychic powers and transports
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2017, 04:42:22 AM »
As per the rules for transport vehicles, embarked units cannot be targeted or affect in any way while embarked on a transport.

actually the rule is cannot normally do anything or be affected in any way.

So you'd have to check the entry for the specific psychic power, the specific unit you want to benefit from it, and the specific vehicle they are in to check for exceptions.

The Open Top Rules for Raiders state that any restrictions or modifiers that apply to the Raider also apply to the passengers (when shooting).

So if you could fine a psychic power that gave you a modifier to your shooting attack roll, that would work. Ancestor's grace gives you a reroll and not a modifier though, so that wouldn't.

The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.