News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex Exodites 0.4: Total Remake!  (Read 5818 times)

Offline Ysavell

Codex Exodites 0.4: Total Remake!
« on: April 2, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
Codex Exodites 0.4

Hey everybody. I spent the last few days in total geekery and the result of that is what you can see in the link on top of this pager. I used the Exodite Online Codex, which seems to have died as well as Agis Neugebauer's Codex Exodites for inspiration and hope I did okay.

The codex is still in an extremely early stage and that is why I uploaded it here. I want to collect ideas and suggestions on how to improve and balance the codex.
I can also always use aid with spelling, capitalization, punctuation and plain old phrasing.

If you would like them in there you can also send me images, drawings, paintings and miniature photographs of exodites. Please only submit original material or material the creator is agreeing with publishing in this codex-

Of course any other C&C is welcome.

Update to 0.4 is out
-This is mainly due to copyright issues, but I believe everything is in order now.
-Blast weapons have been replaced with shuriken weapons all around
-accordingly militia went down to 9 points for their effectiveness as a ranged unit sinks greatly with the range

Previous updates:

Update 0.3
-Megadon has been split up into Megadon and Carnosaurus. Carnosaurus is a stronger melee type and moves faster than the Megadon, while Megadon is more resilient to damage and has access to more heavy weapons than the Carnosaurus. Also the Megadon can be fielded in herds of up to three Megadons
-Further i split the Carnosaur Lord (former Megadon Lord) off the Highborn Entry and made it a separate one.
-I also did some ammendments on mounts. Raptors have +2 Attacks again but are not allowed to carry heavy weapons or any lances (to avoid a 60 attack Laser lance charge from Household guard)
-tuned down Household guard from 2 to 1 attack. And the captain accordingly from 3 to 2 to weaken any other raptor attack hail madnesses.
-Isha's Grace is now no more a Fortune ripoff
-Bladedancers were thrown out
-Militia is now 10 points because of their advantages toward Guardians and lost the close combat option that was a bit lost without any means of transportation anyhow.
-Exodite Special Rule's Stealth now applies to not only forest. This makes more sense as hiding should not be more complicated for them anywhere than it is in forests. Either you're good at it or you're not. Also makes the army less dependent on the kind of gaming table.
-Guerilla tactics has been changed to something that is not a slightly different version of the Autarch special rules. Instead it's more like Eldrad's divination
-Reduced all I scores above 6 to 6 (except those granted by equipment bonus)
-Made Terrorwings slightly more expensive.

Codex updated to version 0.2
- Wild hunters down to 10 points each
- Dragoons raised to 45 points each
- Bladedancers moved to the troops section
- Make Wind Knights have more heavy weapon options
- Reduced cost for Seer's Restore power to 15 points and removed heal from his options.
- Reduced Dragon Militia to 15 pts/model
- Made spirit shield available to only Lords and Heroes, not megadon lords
- Replaced twin-linked Lasblasters from Wind Knights and Dragon Militia with single Lasblasters
- Made Lance weapons cheaper for Highborn
- Added Lasblaster and option to replace it with a blastcannon to Terrorwings
- Added close combat options to Terrorwings
- Removed weapon mount team from Militia squad and replaced it with up to two heavy weapons per squad
- Added Exodite Missile Launcher to arsenal. Basically a more primitive version of eldar Missile launcher
- Added a laser lance to the Megadon's Wargear and other lances to options
- Removed Riders rules from megadon in favor of one extra regular attack and having weapons apply to them normally. Megadon glaives rewritten. Megadon lords have 5 attacks and cost 130 points now.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 11:19:24 PM by Threeshades »

Offline Nileez

Re: Codex Exodites 0.1: Total Remake!
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2009, 03:46:08 PM »
Very nicely done.  I only did a quick run-down and visually everything looks great.  I'll go back over it a couple times to give some constructive feedback.  At one time I too was working on updating the Agis Exodite codex but stopped after a while, so I'll dig out what I worked up and share it with you.

Offline Ysavell

Re: Codex Exodites 0.1: Total Remake!
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
Thanks I hope there will be more reactions.

Here a short list of suggestions i got in other forums:
-Cheaper wild hunters
-Nerfed or more expensive dragoons
-Bladedancers to the troops section (so they dont have to stand in concurrence with harlequins)
-Fix weapon stats for blast pistol and lasblaster in Wargear section (AP 5)
-Make Wind Knights more worthwile compared to Outriders (like anti-vehicle armament or something)
-Change assault militia since they are quite useless without transport
-p 20 typo, shuriken pistol should be Blast pistol
-Reduce cost for Seer's Restore power
-Reduce Dragon Militia to 15 pts/model
-Make spirit shield available to only Lords and Heroes, not megadon lords
« Last Edit: April 3, 2009, 05:01:02 PM by Threeshades »

Offline Nileez

Re: Codex Exodites 0.2: Total Remake!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »
Sorry this took so long, but I couldn't find what I had worked on. 

Anyway, my first big gripe is that lords have a 5+ armor.  An autarch has a 3+/4+ and is only 20pts more than a basic lord.  Yes, these are exodites and don't have access to the resources that other eldar have, but lords should have some sort of extra armor, special device, etc.  Think of it this way, a gaurdsman wears flack jackets and they have a 5+ save, so basically your saying the best a lord could do was scrounge up a Kevlar vest before he went off to fight.

This is more of a visual correction than a game balance one.  I suggest splitting your megadon lord entry from the generic lord entry, and make the lord an upgrade of the hero.  What I meant by the second half of the statement was:  just list Exodite Hero..........50pts at the top, and when you get down to the table where the units statline is make an extra row for the hero, and somewhere in the wargear/rules section offer the hero as a +10pt upgrade. 

I don't know if I would give the lord I7.  That's getting into the range of slaneshi greater demons.  The highest initiative for the craftworlders is 6, and I think its the same for DE.

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 10:11:55 PM »
Sorry this took so long, but I couldn't find what I had worked on. 

Anyway, my first big gripe is that lords have a 5+ armor.  An autarch has a 3+/4+ and is only 20pts more than a basic lord.  Yes, these are exodites and don't have access to the resources that other eldar have, but lords should have some sort of extra armor, special device, etc.  Think of it this way, a gaurdsman wears flack jackets and they have a 5+ save, so basically your saying the best a lord could do was scrounge up a Kevlar vest before he went off to fight.

This is more of a visual correction than a game balance one.  I suggest splitting your megadon lord entry from the generic lord entry, and make the lord an upgrade of the hero.  What I meant by the second half of the statement was:  just list Exodite Hero..........50pts at the top, and when you get down to the table where the units statline is make an extra row for the hero, and somewhere in the wargear/rules section offer the hero as a +10pt upgrade. 

I don't know if I would give the lord I7.  That's getting into the range of slaneshi greater demons.  The highest initiative for the craftworlders is 6, and I think its the same for DE.
Thanks  :)

I am pretty sure Dark Eldar Archons had I7 too. Unfortunately it's been a while since I had their Codex.

Splitting megadon lords from the Highborn entry might be a good idea.

I was considering splitting up megadons into a more agile and a more tanky version. The idea to that came from the planned Epic Exodite models that included both a Ceratops/Stegadon type and a Theropod/Carnosaur type large dinosaur. (and both of them are larger than normal dragon riders)

If I would go by those models further the stegadon type would be shootier and the carnosaur type for assault. Since that was basically how they were armed.

On the other hand it would be sad to have the Stegadon type not being able to charge at full galopp into enemy units, since that is what those creatures are built for.

Offline Nileez

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:17 AM »
You were correct, Archons do have I7.  I would still suggest I6 on the exodite lords, though.  A fluff justification:  in the society that DE live you have to be quick and agile if you want to stay alive, and the cabal leaders have to rise from the ranks by being the fastest, most agile, etc. of their brethern; exodites live an 'easier' life, plus most of them ride dragons so they need to focus less on their own agility versus being able to effectively use their mount.  Gameplay justification:  the DE are the ultimate speed army, their basic troops have I5, most others have I6; exodites are more of a cavalry army.

Offline nil

• I'm a grown man who plays with dolls. Pity me.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
My uncomprehensive critique:

Exodite Lord: Megadon Lord, Soulblade , Spirit Shield, Wraithbone Harness is a T6 model with 4 wounds, a 2+ invulnerable save, and 7 attacks (3 as S6 power weapons with 2D6 armor penetration, 4 as lightning claws) for 160 points.  That's ridiculously under-costed.  In my opinion, there shouldn't even be such a thing as a 2+ invulnerable save (the closest thing to it is in Dark Eldar, and it has a limit).  Let's not forget that this is a 2++ that can be fortuned....  If you felt like it, you could settle for a dragon mount, settling for a fortunable 3++ so that you could join a unit and combine it with FNP.  (Or was it not your intention for a megadon lord to be allowed a wraithbone harness?  Not very clear to me. Even so, 3++ invulnerable with potential for re-rolls is a little on the crazy side.)

Seer: Does a dragon's save bonus grant this a 3+ invulnerable?  I think your codex is unclear on that matter.  Fortune in C:E is under-priced; why do you charge even less for your analog?

Dragoons: I think I7 on a sergeant is going overboard.  On your Lord, questionable, but okay; here, too much.

Bladedancers: Same thing goes for the I7.  I also think these guys are under-priced by at least a few points.

Dragon Knights: I think you got it about right on these guys.

Militia: I see why you priced these guys as guardians, but I don't think you were correct to do so.  First, the lasblaster is a better weapon to accompany a weapons platform; 12" has always been a joke.  Second, I bet your forgot to factor in the price of Move through Cover and Stealth that is provided through the blanket Exodites rule.

Outriders:  This is really hard for me to evaluate.  At first, I was thinking, a 5+, S3 assault unit?  What?  Then I realized: at cavalry speed, with scout, and a sergeant with 5 lightning claw attacks.  I think they're a little under-priced; I'd be taking them in squads of 3, with sergeant and soulblade, and using them for first-turn scout-move charges and outflanking.  In any case, I think the WS and I values are on the crazy side.  That's mostly because of the bonuses you wanted to give raptor-mounted models, which I don't think are appropriate.

Megadon: Furious charge on this guy does not sit well with me.

Terrorwing: These guys are under-priced.  I'd expect them to turn out slightly more resilient than vypers, and, unlike vypers, they can shoot and scoot.

As this list stands, I'd play with minimal militia, lots of outriders and terrorwings, and a big nasty dragon squad accompanied by exodite lord, seer with fortune (or isha's grace, whatever), and master healer.  I think the list would be over-powered and not that much fun to play against-- lots of fast assaulters, a single super-tough assault unit that could break squad after squad after squad.  If somebody wanted to play a friendly game against me, using this list, I'd probably accept, but I'd let them know that I didn't think it was a balanced list.
Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:23 PM »
My uncomprehensive critique:

Exodite Lord: Megadon Lord, Soulblade , Spirit Shield, Wraithbone Harness is a T6 model with 4 wounds, a 2+ invulnerable save, and 7 attacks (3 as S6 power weapons with 2D6 armor penetration, 4 as lightning claws) for 160 points.  That's ridiculously under-costed.  In my opinion, there shouldn't even be such a thing as a 2+ invulnerable save (the closest thing to it is in Dark Eldar, and it has a limit).  Let's not forget that this is a 2++ that can be fortuned....  If you felt like it, you could settle for a dragon mount, settling for a fortunable 3++ so that you could join a unit and combine it with FNP.  (Or was it not your intention for a megadon lord to be allowed a wraithbone harness?  Not very clear to me. Even so, 3++ invulnerable with potential for re-rolls is a little on the crazy side.)
Wraithbone harness never was available to Megadon Lord, if you look closely. And Spirit shield has also been removed from their options with 0.2 so the high save has been taken care of. Megadon lords can have a 3+ armour save at maximum

Seer: Does a dragon's save bonus grant this a 3+ invulnerable?  I think your codex is unclear on that matter.  Fortune in C:E is under-priced; why do you charge even less for your analog?
Did I charge less? I'll change that with the next iteration thanks. I'll also clear up that the Dragon mounts save bonus does not apply to invulnerable saves, so a Seer on dragon would have 6+/4+ save.

Dragoons: I think I7 on a sergeant is going overboard.  On your Lord, questionable, but okay; here, too much.

Bladedancers: Same thing goes for the I7.  I also think these guys are under-priced by at least a few points.
Good point, I'll put that on the to do list, thanks

Dragon Knights: I think you got it about right on these guys.
Thanks. :)

Militia: I see why you priced these guys as guardians, but I don't think you were correct to do so.  First, the lasblaster is a better weapon to accompany a weapons platform; 12" has always been a joke.  Second, I bet your forgot to factor in the price of Move through Cover and Stealth that is provided through the blanket Exodites rule.
True, though without the exodites rule I think 8 points would be justified. How about 9 points?

Outriders:  This is really hard for me to evaluate.  At first, I was thinking, a 5+, S3 assault unit?  What?  Then I realized: at cavalry speed, with scout, and a sergeant with 5 lightning claw attacks.  I think they're a little under-priced; I'd be taking them in squads of 3, with sergeant and soulblade, and using them for first-turn scout-move charges and outflanking.  In any case, I think the WS and I values are on the crazy side.  That's mostly because of the bonuses you wanted to give raptor-mounted models, which I don't think are appropriate.
Well I can increase the price or reduce the Raptor bonuses. Reducing the bonuses would also lead to the raptor being a less interesting option for characters. On the other hand it's probably the most interesting one at the moment. Combined with a lance or witchblade the two bunus attacks and extra WS could be horrbile. So I better nerf the raptor at a whole.

To what extend? No use for a comparably slow support unit? Too strong for an upgradable S6 to 8 MC? Fluffwise?

Terrorwing: These guys are under-priced.  I'd expect them to turn out slightly more resilient than vypers, and, unlike vypers, they can shoot and scoot.
Good point. I'll up their costs a bit. Wind Knights to probably as they have access to heavier weaponry now.

As this list stands, I'd play with minimal militia, lots of outriders and terrorwings, and a big nasty dragon squad accompanied by exodite lord, seer with fortune (or isha's grace, whatever), and master healer.  I think the list would be over-powered and not that much fun to play against-- lots of fast assaulters, a single super-tough assault unit that could break squad after squad after squad.  If somebody wanted to play a friendly game against me, using this list, I'd probably accept, but I'd let them know that I didn't think it was a balanced list.
I see your point. And I'm glad to get some feedback to work with. :) Thanks a lot. Every bit helps.

I will also consider the I nerf on the Lord.

Offline nil

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 01:49:16 AM »
[
True, though without the exodites rule I think 8 points would be justified. How about 9 points?

On this kind of sit-and-shoot unit, in an army where the other units are going to be advancing and providing cover saves, stealth is a great ability-- it allows the squad to endure a third again as many shots.  9 points wouldn't break the list or anything, but you'd probably get a few raised eyebrows.  I think 10 would be more appropriate.

Outriders:  This is really hard for me to evaluate.  At first, I was thinking, a 5+, S3 assault unit?  What?  Then I realized: at cavalry speed, with scout, and a sergeant with 5 lightning claw attacks.  I think they're a little under-priced; I'd be taking them in squads of 3, with sergeant and soulblade, and using them for first-turn scout-move charges and outflanking.  In any case, I thin♠k the WS and I values are on the crazy side.  That's mostly because of the bonuses you wanted to give raptor-mounted models, which I don't think are appropriate.
Well I can increase the price or reduce the Raptor bonuses. Reducing the bonuses would also lead to the raptor being a less interesting option for characters. On the other hand it's probably the most interesting one at the moment. Combined with a lance or witchblade the two bunus attacks and extra WS could be horrbile. So I better nerf the raptor at a whole.

I can understand that.  Why did you want to include the distinction between raptors and dragons to begin with?  Are there some specific models you had in mind for representing each?  The problem with the raptor bonuses is that they lead to profiles that are just too out-there.  What if you focused on speed for the raptors?  2D, keep the highest for fleet, extra die for difficult ground kind of thing?  I guess part of the problem with that is that you've already set the standard for exodite movement at a very high level: fleet, move through cover, and skilled rider on every model.  Have you thought about reserving some of those special rules for individual units?

You already have the beginnings of a rider/mount distinction with your attacks system.  It might be interesting to rig up some rules to pursue that further, with completely independent profiles for rider and mount.  That'd probably be fun to design and playtest, but might irritate opponents in pick-up games.

Speaking of which, I started to imagine a lot of confusing situations involving your split attacks mechanic, and I think it could use some clarification in your codex.  What if the unit charges?  Who gets the bonus attack?  Rider, mount, both?  What if the unit fights a unit of Dire Avengers with Defend (-1 attack from models in close combat)?  Who loses the attack?  If a choice is made, who decides?  Would people be trying to gain an extra attack for their mount with an additional ccw?  That sort of thing.

To what extend? No use for a comparably slow support unit? Too strong for an upgradable S6 to 8 MC? Fluffwise?

Fluffwise, I guess.  I can't imagine it on a huge, lumbering dinosaur.  Doesn't really seem like the same sort of thing Furious Charge is used to represent on other models.  Would a squiggoth have it?
Please visit my Eldar Pirate conversion project at http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=212375.msg2591462;topicseen#msg2591462-- yellow elf needs feedback badly!

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
On this kind of sit-and-shoot unit, in an army where the other units are going to be advancing and providing cover saves, stealth is a great ability-- it allows the squad to endure a third again as many shots.  9 points wouldn't break the list or anything, but you'd probably get a few raised eyebrows.  I think 10 would be more appropriate.
Point taken. 10 points it is then. It will also take the mass unit feeling out of them (something that no eldar race should have)

I can understand that.  Why did you want to include the distinction between raptors and dragons to begin with?  Are there some specific models you had in mind for representing each?  The problem with the raptor bonuses is that they lead to profiles that are just too out-there.  What if you focused on speed for the raptors?  2D, keep the highest for fleet, extra die for difficult ground kind of thing?

That sounds like a good plan. Faster raptors would make a better difference from Dragons. The idea was taken from outriders/raptor knights in the codices i based it off. Both, dragon mounts and raptors have been modified upwards in that process and I think the raptors got a bit too much of the good stuff. Also I couldn't really think of a way to make raptors faster than dragons without changing their rules at the base. but a 2d6, higher result fleet is a good idea. That would allow reducing their overblown stat bonuses.

I guess part of the problem with that is that you've already set the standard for exodite movement at a very high level: fleet, move through cover, and skilled rider on every model.  Have you thought about reserving some of those special rules for individual units?
Well I could reduce it to several units, but I figured since the whole population of Exodites is nomadic, I figured it would not make sense to remove it from some.

You already have the beginnings of a rider/mount distinction with your attacks system.  It might be interesting to rig up some rules to pursue that further, with completely independent profiles for rider and mount.  That'd probably be fun to design and playtest, but might irritate opponents in pick-up games.

Speaking of which, I started to imagine a lot of confusing situations involving your split attacks mechanic, and I think it could use some clarification in your codex.  What if the unit charges?  Who gets the bonus attack?  Rider, mount, both?  What if the unit fights a unit of Dire Avengers with Defend (-1 attack from models in close combat)?  Who loses the attack?  If a choice is made, who decides?  Would people be trying to gain an extra attack for their mount with an additional ccw?  That sort of thing.

I removed separated attacks from megadons and megadon lords again because I thought it would go against the gameplay trend in 40k. It's too complicated.  If you would expand it on the whole army, close combat phases would take ages.

Fluffwise, I guess.  I can't imagine it on a huge, lumbering dinosaur.  Doesn't really seem like the same sort of thing Furious Charge is used to represent on other models.  Would a squiggoth have it?
Well the most common version of Megadon to imagine would be the Triceratops like. Made from a Stegadon model wise.  And Those are not exactly lumbering. When galloping they can reach respectable speeds, and the furious charge would be the horns crashing into the enemy.
As for a carnosaur version it doesn't need much explanation either. Large carnivourous dinosaurs also were quite agile. Adn with a short leap they can also cause a considerable amount of damage.

EDIT

Sorry, I had a wrong link all the time. Fixed it now, so you can actually see version 0.2 now.

EDIT 2

Here is the to-do list so far for the next update:

Fluff parts:

Rewrite "savage compared to most other races"

Crunch:

Improve/remove Assault militia (CC unit without options for faster advance seems useless)

Price up or entirely remove Isha's grace

Reduce Dragoon Master's and Lord Initiative by 1

Militia 10 punkte/modell

Change Raptor mounts. Too much punch especially on Household guard and Highborn with lances, maybe only +1 A and 2d6-higher result for running.

Price up Terrorwings

Remove Bladedancers

rewrite "Heal" effect description

Further things to change (but I don't know how yet):

Differentiate Seers from Eldar Farseers in equipment and powers

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:07 PM »
Well Im not finished with this codex yet. Its just been kinda freezy for lack of feedback. So I was planning on doing the following:

After I saw a documentary comparing Pachyrhinosaurus and Albertosaurus physical abilities, I had the idea of splitting up the Megadon into Megadon and Carnosaurus.

The documentary described the following advantages for each of the two animals:

Pachyrhinosaurus:
+ Resilient to physical damage
+ Maneuverable
- Slow

Albertosaurus:
+ Moving Fast
+ Strong bite
- Frail

I thought I could convert these to a slower (but not actually slow, since they are still quite fast, probably would go with "Fleet") moving Megadon with a high Toughness and Wounds but average Strength and low Weapon Skill and Initiative and a fast moving (moves as Beast) Carnosaurus with high Strength, Weapon skill and Initiative but lower Toughness and wounds.
Also id give the Megadon a compulsory heavy weapon choice and an additional heavy weapon option and the Carnosaurus a single optional heavy weapon. Both would have the close combat choices they have at the moment.
I was thinking about somethin along these profiles:
Megadon WS3 BS3 S6 T7 W4 I2 A2 Ld10 Sv3+
Carnosaurus WS4 BS3 S7 T5 W3 I4 A4 Ld10 Sv3+

Both versions would become a bit more expensive than they are at the moment. Any opinions? Too tough? Too weak? Just right?

Offline headfirst

• Still just me.
« Reply #11 on: July 1, 2009, 03:42:12 AM »
Don't worry threeshades. Exodites/Harlequins forum has very few posters.
Not sure about the megadon/carnosaur thing yet. However, I do have a couple of comments. If I don't mention something assume i think its good.

First up, please, please, please seperate the megadon lord. In the one entry you have limitations on one kind, different option, different unit types. The only thing that's the same is the wargear.

I also think Bladedancers should be Elites. I just think a 0-1 choice should not be a rank-and-file choice (as represented by troops). I don't think you should remove them, I really like them.

I think Stealth should apply in all terrain. If you can hide, you can hide, not just in forests.

Ther's just one more thing, but I can't put my finger on it. I'll let you know when I do
Headfirst

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #12 on: July 2, 2009, 07:18:53 PM »
Thanks

I removed the bladedancers for now, they are pretty much harlequins just not as good. And a bit too wood elf.

The thing about stealth you might be right.

Okay i will seperate the Megadon Lord (or soon to be Carnosaur Lord) from the normal Highborn. I guess it does make things easier.

If the current carnosaur version is too strong i thought i might also remove fleet from the Megadon and reduce the Carnosaur from beast/cavalry movement to only fleet.

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »
Okay I added the Carnosaurus idea and hereby announce v0.3 of my Codex Exodites. I gave it T6 instead of five though and made it only fleet instead of beast/cavalry movement. The Megadon lost fleet to still be below Carnosaurus speed level.
The carnosaurus also is more expensive and comes only 1 per unit while Megadons can be herds of up to 3 models.

Further i split the Carnosaur Lord (former Megadon Lord) off the Highborn Entry and made it a separate one.

I also did some ammendments on mounts. Raptors have +2 Attacks again but are not allowed to carry heavy weapons or any lances (to avoid a 60 attack Laser lance charge from Household guard)
In addition to that I tuned down Household guard from 2 to 1 attack. And the captain accordingly from 3 to 2 to weaken any other raptor attack hail madnesses.

Isha's Grace is now no more a Fortune ripoff

Bladedancers were thrown out

Militia is not 10 points because of their advantages toward Guardians and lost the close combat option that was a bit lost without any means of transportation anyhow.

Exodite Special Rule's Stealth now applies to not only forest. This makes more sense as hiding should not be more complicated for them anywhere than it is in forests. Either you're good at it or you're not. Also makes the army less dependent on the kind of gaming table.

Guerilla tactics has been changed to something that is not a slightly different version of the Autarch special rules. Instead it's more like Eldrad's divination

Reduced all I scores above 6 to 6 (except those granted by equipment bonus)

Made Terrorwings slightly more expensive.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2009, 11:35:46 AM by Ardeth Bey »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Codex Exodites 0.3: Total Remake!
« Reply #14 on: July 5, 2009, 11:36:40 AM »
[Posting copyright-protected material is a breach of GW copyright/IP-right and a violation of 40konline.com-rules. Your post has been edited to reflect this. Please do consider this in the future, as breaches of copyright endanger the future of our Community. Thank you.
Have a nice day.
]

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #15 on: July 5, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »
[Posting copyright-protected material is a breach of GW copyright/IP-right and a violation of 40konline.com-rules. Your post has been edited to reflect this. Please do consider this in the future, as breaches of copyright endanger the future of our Community. Thank you.
Have a nice day.
]
Im really sorry about that. But some more specific information what exactly was the copyright breach would help me fix the file accordingly.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #16 on: July 5, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »
The link you posted contained a LOT of GW-IP protected images. That's no good at all.
Any reference to wargear should be made in "see codex Eldar page XX", not reprinted.
The codex shouyld never be made in such a way that it can be mistaken for an official GW product.

Start with those and I am sure you will do fine.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Ysavell

« Reply #17 on: July 5, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »
The link you posted contained a LOT of GW-IP protected images. That's no good at all.
Any reference to wargear should be made in "see codex Eldar page XX", not reprinted.
The codex shouyld never be made in such a way that it can be mistaken for an official GW product.

Start with those and I am sure you will do fine.
Okay I will remove those things. But I made a clear statement that it is not mistakable for an official GW product. I will make it a little more obvious yet, but the layout is not copyrighted.

Offline nil

« Reply #18 on: July 6, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
References to fleet, cavalry, and monstrous creature status are easy to miss, as they aren't in unit description text.

Guerilla tactics: I like this.  But make it clear that you can affect either player, or arguments will result.

Lord/Hero: It looks like a character may now take a dragonhide cloak, dragon, and wraithbone harness, granting a 2+ save.  Is this intended?  If so, clarify cost of spirit shield.

Carnosaur lord: Those weapon options are overpriced when placed on a S7 monstrous creature.

Household guard: I see these only in the official list-- not described earlier as with the other options.  Am I mistaken?  Is this intentional?

Executioner: Why in the shooting phase?  The assault phase would seem more intuitive.  Overpriced for the models that can take it.

Improve: Remove legacy text about affecting mount or rider.

Isha's grace: I like the change.  Good to see it different than Fortune while of equal use.

Dragoons: What does S3(4) mean?  Does it mean they're incapable of instakilling T2 models?  I6 is awfully high for this unit.  Is it an accidental legacy of an I bonus from dragons?

Soulblade: These are equivalent to lightning claws.  Clarify whether a model equipped with a soulblade and a pistol (or add ccw) gets +1A.

I confess that points values are beyond my ability to judge right now (too many beers :))  So this is just a quick proof-read.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2009, 01:11:06 AM by nil »

Offline headfirst

• Still just me.
« Reply #19 on: July 6, 2009, 03:05:28 AM »
Ardeth is right. You've got stolen stuff on there, like the Force Organisation Chart, and the summary page weapon profiles. Get rid of it.

I think that your creative brilliance is showing in this codex (esp. if that artwork is yours, is it?), but it is too much to release publicly. What I would like to see is a condensed armylist, like Ardeth's Harlequin one. Smaller files work much better, especially on Scribd (I'm not a big fan of it). It would be a LOT easier to evaluate, because I can print a 12-page text file, but I'm not going to waste ink on printing the current ed. out. It also takes a long time to find that piece of wargear you're looking for.

Okay, now for some evaluation.
The militia look excellent.
Dragon Knights look good.

Excess wargear: You've thrown a couple of things in there that just use up space. Like dragonhide cloaks. Just give Wildhunters +1 Save, and incorporate them into the leaders, like how they added wargear to farseers.
Also I think having Shock Lances is unnecessary. 2 lance types is enough.

Apart from that, really good. There is still something I can't put my finger on though.

♥♦Headfirst♣♠
Headfirst