News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event  (Read 36471 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »
Welcome to the Junkyard, fellow orks.   It is that time for a long honored ork tradition.   Previously known as the Scrapyard Build Off, it was engineered by our own mek mastermind Dropfall.   Unfortuneately Dropfall has got lost in the warp and no ork has seen him since.

So in the late Dropfall's honor, we bring you the Gitz it Done Event.   For all of you newbies and onlookers who weren't lucky enough to be amongst our ranks prior, it is an event in which you get to complete that hunk of gray plastic, half built, half painted, project.  Either that or it is a good time to raid your recycling bin and put your thinking caps on.   

The rules are simple... 
1.) Pledge a project on this page.   The project will need to be completed by the end of the month.
2.) Photograph or list your starting point.  This will give everyone an idea of what you are pledging.  If it is a NIB item which you are planning to build/ paint then there isn't a need, unless you are konverting.
3.) Work on your project, you can show work in progress pics or list what you are doing. (everyone likes to see these)
4.) Once your project is finished it MUST be posted with a picture prior to the start of the next month.   
5.) Collect your teef.

Seems easy enough right, even for a horde of orks to follow.   Where is the catch....
ah yes we need one of those.   Since this event is to get you off your no good, bottoms and get that box, closet or room full of neglected orks finished there is a catch.

Anything you pledge and do not finish.  You will be fined half the total amount of teef you could have earned.   And I will send my toughest Nob Adamscurr out to knock those teef out.   

Now since I am not quite as Mad as the Dok.  Here are the two ways that one can count their project as complete.
1.)  A large amount of konversions or a large scratchbuild project will be considered finished for scoring if the full konversion is done in a month
2.) Everything else pledged must be fully built and painted.  No excuses you weedy gitz.

If you are too yellow to participate, then don't be green with envy when your fellow boyz start to stack their teef up.   This would be a good time for all you Weedy Gitz to redeem yourselves, yes you do know who you are.

Teef will be awarded based on size of the model or unit pledged, degree of konversion done, and finished product.   Keep in mind that since our mod Changeyname honored us that all teef earned this month will be DOUBLED.

So raid your closests and let the Gitz R Done Event off with a bang.   Lets show 40konline just what a real ork Junkyard looks like.   WAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH H.

Project Pledgers and their projects for June.
Severn:  6 shoota boyz
Valar:  1 big mek, 12 boyz
Ork E Nuff:  3 kans, 10 tank bustas, 1 konverted warboss
The Nightwalker:  1 konverted green baron
OD from TV:  6 konverted Deff Dreads
CheesyRobMan: Stompa
SKEETERGOD:  dakka jet and burna bomma
AndreSTL:  10 slugga boyz, konverted looted wagon, 1 killa kan
Boss Ard'Ragger:  boss on bike, 5 boyz, 5 burna boyz, dakka jet
Ginger farseer:  30 boyz, kff mek, 3 killa kans
Log: 14 konverted ard boyz and 1 konverted nob
typhon:  9 kustom mega nobz, 1 scratch built dread
adamscurr:  mega dread
Zognutz:  chinork warkopta
angel of death 007:  2 kustom trukks
Respekt:  10 kustom cyboars

« Last Edit: July 2, 2012, 04:50:53 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Severyn

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Orks, Tau
Re: The Junkyard: Gitz it Done Event
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 08:13:17 PM »
I hereby pledge......

6 Shoota Boyz painted (unfinished half from a trukk squad)

Work shall begin tomorrow.  ;D

Update: Decided to focus on building models rather than painting them as I'd rather be playing bigger games than staring at some pretty paint jobz... (although I'd like to be seeing them with some paint as well)

Proxy Kans just don't do em justice :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:24:06 AM by Severyn »

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
I pledge

1 bigmek
12 ard boyz
12 Boyz

(modified to remove trukk due to using up trukk parts on a kitbash im working on)
« Last Edit: June 4, 2012, 03:19:00 PM by Valar »

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:07 PM »
Being new:  I pledge the following:

3 Kanz (nib)
10 tank bustas (conversions on older models)
1 Warboss (conversion)

There's a lot of other projects I'd like to commit to, but I'm being slightly realistic here.  Starts tonight after family's in bed....go figure...
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »
**********Please make sure you read all the details guys.**********   

You can build whatever you want, but the pledge will only count if it is finished, meaning fully painted.   The only exception will be Large Konversions or scratchbuilt items.   

Examples of large konversions:
-Full squad of 10 nobz with custom cybork jobs
-large apocalyptic vehicles.   

Everything else must be finished and painted in the month, so be careful what you pledge.

If you have a question on your project, ask
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 10:11:17 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 10:42:19 PM »
Considering I already know im extremely busy this month (which I find very irritating) I pledge one Green Baron. Made from three AOBR deffkoptas. (Unassembled) Plasticard will probably be used. As I am already in the need to go get some. Im very excited for this, and by Mork ill try to get this done. (or was it Gork)

Edit: With the exception of plasticard, here is what ill be using. Thought maybe I could loot some bitz from an extra trukk I bought a while back.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 12:19:33 PM by The Nightwalker »

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2012, 12:58:05 AM »
So, we have the month of June to complete, right?
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 1, 2012, 02:07:38 AM »
Oh I'ze can't wait fer dis!!!

Yes, but you got to finish it all.  According to your previous post you're going to build and paint up: 3 Kanz (nib), 10 tank bustas (conversions on older models) and 1 Warboss (conversion).  Not bad, but we Boss's need to see where you are starting from on this, not to mention Work in Progress (WIP) pics.

If you want to look at a previous WotW contest in a similar vein look up the Scrapyard Build Off or the Go Big Or Go Home Competition of last year (both of which I believe are linked under Past WotW events on the first page of the Mega Thread).

Since I've been absent most of the year, this Boss will show ya'll how its done.
My PLEDGE is going to be based around Konversion Deff Dreads, mostly Scratchbuild.

But not just 1.
or two
but SIX finished Dreads.

That's right, I'm INSANE!  And I do not (repeat I DO NOT) recommend such insanity for the average builder or konverter.  One admittedly just needs paint, but I take this event very seriously.  I already know I'm going to be loosing sleep during this month, and frankly its more insane than my successful race to the finish line of last years SBO.

Materials
PVC piping
Carnifex bits received in trades
1 (AND ONLY ONE) Deff Dread kit
Leman Russ parts
Sprues
Wire
Generous amounts of plasticard
and whatever's left of the severely depleted bits box

(The one that's ready for paint)

And for laughs here's a pic of an ancient (and broken) dread conversion these new ones will be replacing

(It's somewhere around 4-5 years old, only saw maybe a dozen games, I swear everything I make for this will be at least 3 times better)

Look forward to seein a bunch of lads at the finish line!

Peace
~OD

Post Script: how am I gonna do it?!  Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 02:57:41 AM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2012, 02:29:14 AM »
Well, in the spirit of the previous competition, I figure I better go big. So I will finish the half-built and not-at-all painted Stompa that has been sitting under my desk for a shameful length of time.  :)
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »
So just for clarity, does my scratch built trukk count as a large enough deal not to have to be painted? I intend to build 70% of it with plasticard and use whatever scrap and gubbinz I can find to make the rest. All the rest of my vow stands as is, I'm still gonna paint a big mek, 12 boyz and 2 trukks

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2012, 03:11:39 AM »
**********Please make sure you read all the details guys.**********   

You can build whatever you want, but the pledge will only count if it is finished, meaning fully painted.   The only exception will be Large Konversions or scratchbuilt items.   

Examples of large konversions:
-Full squad of 10 nobz with custom cybork jobs
-large apocalyptic vehicles.   
While I wouldn't want to put words in AoD's mouth (he's got a mean powerklaw and I frankly don't want to get hit again), I believe that in order to get around the paint part you need to build an incredibly large vehicle from Apoc.  Something like the Kill Bursta Superheavy with a Deff Arsenal from IA8, or a Kustom Gargantuan Squiggoth (oh great idea!  A Cyber Squiggoth!  Man I gotta add that to the list of models to Konvert!).

AoD is simply being the nice WotW leader here by giving people a free ride with not painting such a colossal konversion.  I don't think he'd be as forgiving on a Trukk, especially what with him not being a Speed Freak or member of the Evil Sunz clan.  Heck truth be told I'm fairly certain my Speed Freak membership has been revoked at this point, if for no other reason than my own challenge, but that's completely off topic.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #11 on: June 1, 2012, 07:39:07 AM »
I pledge two 'jets, I know one will be a dakka jet and the other a burna bomma.

I can't post a picture yet as I still don't have the boxes, as they are still on order, in the mail kinda thing.

I will probably magnetize parts and parts to be able to switch them to two burna bommas and/or two dakka jets, etc. etc. etc.

As for paint? Hmmmm, I think I will be painting them red.  ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline AndreSTL

• Armies: GOFFS! BAD MOONZ! Tallarn/Cadian IG, White Scars
« Reply #12 on: June 1, 2012, 08:13:14 AM »
I pledge
-10 slugga boyz
-1 converted chimera (hopefully with boom gun/ scorcha)
-1 Killa Kan

I want so badly to start the dakka jet but as I'm new to the green horde I need more boyz!!!!
Doesn't Ally well with others...

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #13 on: June 1, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »
I pledge the following:

Boss Ard'Ragger on his Bike

Bodyguard of Boyz - 5 I think

5 Burna Boys

Dakka Jet (just Because!!)

Whaaaaagh!
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
« Reply #14 on: June 1, 2012, 12:13:46 PM »
I pledge:

30 boyz (already assembled)
1 Kff mek, (to be konverted and painted, have only got the body so far)
3 kanz to be assembled and painted (will be getting them on the 27 of June, so it could be a major rush, but i'm prepared to risk it!)

Does the number of teef earned (or lost) depend on the amount you painted/didn't paint?
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline Log

• Burna Boy
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #15 on: June 1, 2012, 12:29:34 PM »
I have an assignment due in a weeks time that is worth 50% of my marks for this year, straight after that I have a weeks holiday in cape verde. This realistically only leaves me a week\or so, and of that, realistically only an evening or two and a few hours at the weekend. I'd love to pledge more, but to guarantee painting them too all I can pledge is;

14 custom made 'ard boyz and an 'ard boy nob- I will use Black Reach orks and work out some way of making armour from plasticard.

I'm currently waiting for the plasticard to arrive, I've never used it before, and I've ordered 2mm, so fingers crossed it will work out!

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #16 on: June 1, 2012, 12:36:01 PM »
Ok. Just a quickie more to follow like a pic and comments

so I vow 9 scratch built manz I'd do ten but where will ghazzy go then.

And one scratch. Dread   For now 

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
« Reply #17 on: June 1, 2012, 12:46:06 PM »
WIP:
1 kan:  major components assemblied, awaiting final assembly:

10 TBs, 9 rokkit launchas, 1 tank hammer:

6 old TB/stickbom boyz for weapon conversions:

Hopefully, this meets some of the criteria of posting and updating.  Will update more when I've completed more.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #18 on: June 1, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
I'm going to go easy on this one...  I'd like to get my Scratch built mega dread painted by the end of the month... I should pledge more, but my Summer is getting pretty full, pretty fast!  Pic incoming...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: June 1, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

Yes,  On July 1st anything not completed will be fined.   

So just for clarity, does my scratch built trukk count as a large enough deal not to have to be painted? I intend to build 70% of it with plasticard and use whatever scrap and gubbinz I can find to make the rest. All the rest of my vow stands as is, I'm still gonna paint a big mek, 12 boyz and 2 trukks

As OD expressed previously,  The only exception is mega large items,  Think stompas, gargants, battlefortresses.  Basically something that will consume all your time and your sanity.

For vehicles like trukks and buggies, they should be able to be konverted and painted.   

Keep in mind fellow orks, this is called the Gitz it Done Event, not the Gitz it Started Event.   This is to encourage people to finish those unfinished project(s) not to encourage them to start new ones.

If you have the skill and the time to start and finish a project in a month, then great, some can do it.   Most cannot.   

With the Scrapyard Build Off, basically we had people vowing all their unfinished projects and then getting credit for what they got done.   This really wasn't fair to anyone and there was no incentive to finish ALL the projects that were vowed.   

You know your skills and your schedules.  If you know something is going to take all your time and you pledge that, plus this, and that, knowing that you can't complete the first project, How is that getting anything done?

Yes everyone likes seeing custom projects, but what people like more is seeing FINISHED custom projects.   I plan on awarding teef moreso for konversions as I know how difficult they are.  The more complex the konversion, the more teef.   

I also know my painting limits and again, the amount painted will also be considered. 

The only problem really is Large projects.   I know that they are VERY time consuming so rather than penalize someone for doing say a Great Gargant.  I would like to give them an incentive.   

As far as painting goes, I painted a stompa, which was only primed, including his crew in a month with an extreme amount of detail to an above table top standard.  I couldn't do anything else that month as far as projects went, but it got done in less than a month.   

I spent the last year doing 1-2 FOC choices a month so I know what can be done.  People pledging rediculous stuff will get penalized for it. 

This is supposed to be a fun event, that isn't a competition, and is designed to help motivate people to Finish thier projects.

Does the number of teef earned (or lost) depend on the amount you painted/didn't paint?

ABSOLUTELY.    If you pledge it, you best be ready to finish it, or else eat your words.  Might be hard to do considering the loss of teeth you might be facing.   

My suggestion to everyone, is to carefully select their projects.    A project can be pledged at any time up til June 25th

On June 15th all pledges will be posted on the first post.  Once  they are up there that is it.   Anything posted after June 15th will automatically go up there.   Once a pledge is on that post, it CAN NOT be modified, changed, or canceled.   ALL BETS WILL BE FINAL at that point.

Depending on the success of this, there is a possibiltity for a similiar event in July.