News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WoTW Febwaaghry Campaign 1k vs DE  (Read 2045 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
WoTW Febwaaghry Campaign 1k vs DE
« on: February 19, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
Once again the orks fought the DE only at 1k points this time.

The Grab the Food scenario found at Febwaaghry Campaign

The Sheep

My List:

BIG MEK: Waagut; Heavy, Cybork, Kustom Force Field, Boss Pole, Burna
25 Ard Boys, slugga and choppa, Nob with PK and BP

12 BOYS; Shootas, Nob with boss pole and big shoota
TRUKK; Red Paint, Grot, ram.

12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Claw.:
TRUKK; Red Paint, ram, plank

12 BOYS; Slugga and Choppa, NOB, ‘eavy armor, boss pole, Power Caw
TRUKK; Red Paint, ram, plank

1 War Buggies, Tracks, Red Paint, Twin Link Rocket Launcha
The Green Baron; (Deffcopta), Twinlink Rocket Launcha, Saw

Total = 996

His List:

Hami
Hami with liquifyer gun and venom blade
Beast Squad: 5 beast masters, 15 kymera, 4 razor wing flocks

15 wyches; hekatrix with power weapon

10 wyches; hekatrix with power weapon

9 incubi

Ravager with 1 dark lance and two disintegrators

Total = 998

Set Up
He set up everything in the middle with the ravager set behind cover, the orks set up everything in the middle, the green baron turbo boosted for his scout move, and the orks failed their steal the initiative roll.
De Set Up     Ork Set Up

Turn 1
The 10 wych squad rolled a 6 for difficult terrain and moved towards the green baron. The incubi moved in front of the other wyche squad, the beasts oblique moved to get into the open heading for the ard boys. The other wyche squad rolled a 6 for terrain and moved to the left to get into the spot the beasts moved.
   Shooting; the ravager got two glances on the rockit buggy, (his only bad rolls of the game) and got a crew shaken. The 10 wyches fired at the green baron getting 5 wounds of which he failed 1 save. The beasts run 4 and the 15 wyches run 6.

Combat; the 10 wyches assault the green baron, causing 7 wounds, and the green baron died. (man those were lucky dice considering he needed 6’s to wound.
Bottom of 1
The ork trucks and  all move 13” and the red pants and the shoota boys get out of the trucks. The rockit buggy moved forward to get into cover. The ard boys move forward and to the right heading towards the beast squads.

Shooting; the three trucks all shoot at the incubi who make all their saves but did cause 1 wound on the hami. The red pants boys run towards the incubi but I forgot you can’t waagh on first turn so they stood there waiting to be assaulted. The ard boys ran towards the beasts. The Drive By boys fired at the wyches causing 6 wounds, and between their cover save and feel no pain they made only 2 died.

Turn 2
This is where it just got ugly. The 10 wyches moved towards the red pants, the incubi move towards the Drive By boys, the hami splits from the incubi and moves towards the red pants. The 16 wyches and the beasts move towards the ard boys. The ravager moves further away trying to stay out of range of the rockit buggy.

Shooting; the hami shoots his liquifyer at the red pants that causes 4 wounds, the wyches shoot causing 5 more wounds, so 9 boys died. The incubi shot at the Drive By boys and miss. The ravager shoots at the red pants boys causing a wound on the nob and killing another boy. The red pants boys fail their LD, the nob hits the last boy with the BP killing the boy and then promptly fails his LD a second time and so he ran away 11”. The 15 wyches and the beasts both run 6 towards the ard boys.

Combat; the wyches rolled a 6 for difficult terrain to make the assault into the ard boys, the beasts also charged the ard boys. The incubi charged the Drive By boys.
The 13 wyches got 36 attacks, that turned into 16 wounds 2 of them pw wounds. The beasts had 60 attacks resulting in 32 hits and 17 wounds, the beast masters got no wounds, the flocks got 7 wounds 3 of them rending. 40 wounds and so 6 ard boys fell to the power weapons and of the rest 12 more ard boys died. The orks swung back and the wyches made all their saves except for the hami who took 1 wound, Waagut killed 1 beast, and Killy Clause killed 1 wyche. The ard boys needed snake eyes and failed to roll it. (I should have told my dice they were rolling to hit) Broke and got swept. The wyches consolidated 6” and the beasts consolidated 1”
   The incubi roll normal only killing 5 boys, the Drive by boys swing back killing 1 incubi. The Drive By boys fail their LD, the boss pole kills one and they fail again. Broke and got swept, dropping the sheep, and the incubi consolidated 6” then grabbed the sheep.

Bottom of 2
The two empty trucks and the rockit buggy close the range with the ravager. The loaded truck moves 9” and the black boots got out next to the incubi.

Shooting; the three trucks and the rockit buggy all shoot at the ravager, and they all miss. The black boot boys shoot at the incubi causing 4 wounds but they all make their saves.
Combat; the black boots assaulted the incubi. The incubi kill 10 ork boys. The hami wounded 1 who of course failed to save (boy was he rolling hot) the nob wiffed completely, and so lost combat, and of course failed his moral. However I rolled my second 6 of the game and the nob got away.

Since I was down to 2 fleeing nobs, with no way to grab the sheep, I called it. I gave him the sheep as a trophy of his dice induced massacre. Man did he roll good! I think he either loaded his dice, or was out in the full moon doing a dice dance and sprinkling them with magic water, or he executed one so the rest would roll better… Regardless of all that, he was rolling well above the 75% mark on his to hit and wound rolls and I was rolling less than 10% of mine. Oh well, the two surviving nobs went back to camp to get some more boys.

We will be back next week, and we are bringing even more boys,

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Hapexamendar

• Dead is a relative term
Re: WoTW Febwaaghry Campaign 1k vs DE
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:24:05 PM »
Man!  That was one crazy game today.   The dice gods were flowing through me for sure.  Either way I've enjoyed getting to explore the up close and personal side of the dark eldar as I had previously used them as very shooty.  I guess as one correction on the battle report is that the 10 pack of wyches were just plain vanilla, no Heka or pw.    Anyway thanks for the great series of games so far.   I really did fear the orks before as they were one of the armies I'd heard a lot about and hadn't really played against.   They are tough when rolling right!   Who cares about one lousy sheep anyway?  We already cooked him up and he was a bit chewy.   Next week is the battle for all the marbles, literally!! 

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 04:19:35 PM »
Brutal rolls Skeet :P   Remind me not to borrow your dice should the situation ever arise... ;)    Great Bat-rep though, the picture of "Professor Fluffingtons" the sheep is priceless :)

-Brett
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Ben Franklin

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
Yikes, is that 0-3 for you so far in the Campaign Skeetergod ?

I did love the pictures and the read (especially the Sheep/Goat). I know that you were hoping to have one of your Ork ladz re-named to "Ork, Goat-Napper" but the dice did not favour you in that regard.

Better luck next time, and I stalled in my progression (1k game got delayed), but I will fire in my Batrep as soon as possible (Extension requested if you can).

Cheers.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the sympathy  :'(

Extension Granted.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak