News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WotW Battle Report, Orkz VS Chaos Eldar 500pts  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
WotW Battle Report, Orkz VS Chaos Eldar 500pts
« on: February 14, 2011, 06:19:49 AM »
Hey guys, finally managed to get a game in for the big campaign running over in the Ork board. Anyway, it was a small skirmish against Mortalis, his WIP Chaos Eldar VS my mostly painted Ork force.

We played a custom mission, so we could take advantage of Mortalis' newly built objective marker, a Chaos Orb, easily distinguished on the map. It was a 'hold the centre' style game.

Here are our respective lists (some details missing, as we wrote them on the spot and didn't record individual values or equipment):

For the Orkz:
Big Mek w/ Kustom Force Field
20 Slugga Boyz including Nob w/ PK and BP
20 Shoota Boyz including Nob w/ Shoota, Two Big Shootas
Looted Wagon, Boomgun.

For the Eldar:
Farseer w/ Mind War and Fortune
6 Striking Scorpions, Exarch w/ Chainsabers
4 Guardian Jetbikes, 1 Shuriken Cannon, Warlock w/ Destructor
6 Guardian Jetbikes, 2 Shuriken Cannons

The board setup was thus:

So we rolled off, and the Eldar went first (at my decision), deploying like this:

And then I set up:

Sorry about the weird angle, but the damn camera wouldn't take the picture from any other place (don't know why, stupid thing).

And with my failure to seize the initiative, Mortalis took first turn.

Chaos Eldar Turn 1

After Fortuning his Scorps, his smaller Jetbike squad turbo boosted forward and to my left, halting at the end of the street my Slugga Boyz were preparing to march up. The larger Jetbike squad moved, as it was closer, up with the 'boosters. The Scorps and Farseer took cover behind a barricade.

The larger squad open fired on my Slugga Boyz, felling 3 of them.

Ork Turn 1

I started out by moving all my guys up, pretty simple.

I ran my Sluggas, missed the Scorps with my Boomgun and failed to wound with the Shootas. Onto the next turn!

Choas Eldar Turn 2

Farseer Fortuned Scorps, the smaller Jetbike squad moved up in front of my Boyz, while the larger squad moved back, behind one of the ruins. The Scorpions moved towards the objective. The Warlock used Destructor on my Boyz, killing 3, while the other Jetbikes killed 9 more. My Boyz passed leadership, and the Jetbikes charged.

Unfortunately, things didn't quite go as Mortalis had planned. The combined might of the Jetbikes managed to see one Ork fall, while taking two casualties in return. They failed their leadership test and got away from the Boyz, who consolidated 3" forward.

Ork Turn 2

My Sluggas moved forward, following the fleeing Jetbikes. My Shootas and Looted Wagon moved up the street.

I fired the Boomgun, this time at the larger Jetbike squad, and after scatter, killed one. My Shootas ran 4" forward, while my Sluggas ran 2".

Not what I was hoping for here, as I was aiming to call my Waaagh! and get into combat with the larger squad, but no. I called it anyway, and charged the smaller Jetbikes, finishing them off. I knew my Boyz were dead so I just consolidated them in a random direction.

Chaos Eldar Turn 3
The Farseer Fortuned the Scorps. Mortalis' bikes fired on the Slugga Boy squad, leaving only the Nob remaining. He passed his leadership test, only to be charged by the Scorpions and Farseer and was consequently, utterly torn to shreds.

The Scorps consolidated 6" back to the objective, trying to take cover from my Boomwagon.

Ork Turn 3
My army continued to advance, under protection of the Kustom Force Field, and the Boomwagon belched out another shot, killing another bike. The scatter dice just wasn't helping me today.

Chaos Eldar Turn 4
This turn signalled a good twist for me. Failing his psychic test with a glorious 11, the Farseer and Scorps were no longer Fortuned. Moving across terrain (the objective), they approached the Shoota Boyz, still confident they would slaughter them.  His bikes retreated, preparing, I assumed, to zoom onto the objective at the last moment. It would all come down to this...

The Scorpions prepared to charge, the dice were rolled, and...they fell short. Possibly the deciding factor of the game, but it was certainly not over yet, not while those Jetbikes still lived...

Ork Turn 4
Knowing that now was their chance, the Shootas ran up to the Scorpions, leaving the Big Mek behind, and unleashed a deafening salvo of fire upon the Scorpions and Farseer. Upwards of 45 shots, 8 wounds. Not my best day. But neither was it Mortalis', as he proceeded to fail 5 of the saves, and without Fortune, was forced to leave it at that. I fired my Boomgun at the bikes, slaying another.

The Farseer and Exarch passed leadership, allowing me to charge in, rolling double sixes for my difficult terrain test :D

Striking first, the Farseer and Exarch caused a massive two wounds. I rolled the dice...and two sixes! My luck had returned! Unfortunately it was still not enough to kill both the enemies. I took out the Exarch and knocked the Farseer to one wound. He passed his leadership, and I ended my turn.

Chaos Eldar Turn 5
With the game potentially ending on this turn, there was not much else to do. He moved his bikes closer to the ongoing combat, and fired at the Boomwagon, knocking off its only weapon. I completely forgot that the Mek was able to fix it, so didn't do anything about it in the next turn. Continuing the combat, my Orks brought down the Farseer after losing a Boy to his Witchblade. I consolidated in front of the objective, trying to block off his bike, but with the movement speed it had I knew it wouldn't work.

Ork Turn 5
After moving my Boomwagon further up the board, my Boyz opened fire on the bikes, bringing them down to only one member strong. Still, they passed their leadership test. I decided not to charge, in case somehow it send me out of range of the objective and ended the game as a draw.

Mortalis had the pleasure of rolling to see if the game ended now, but it went on.

Chaos Eldar Turn 6
Knowing there was a greater chance the game would end, Mortalis zoomed over the Boyz and parked down by the side of the objective, and shot down a single Boy.

Ork Turn 6
I knew what needed to be done. Turning my Looted Wagon on the spot, I declared tank shock.

With the lumbering vehicle bearing down on him, the last biker lost his nerve, and decided it was time to bail.

I couldn't resist. The model is only partly done, but he just fit the situation so perfectly!

And so, a victory for the Orks, with my Shoota Boyz claiming the objective. Thanks for reading :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: WotW Battle Report, Orkz VS Chaos Eldar 500pts
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 08:49:10 AM »
Good report, and I like the "mostly" painted pictures. I see you used your boom gun that you posted about converting. Not to mention it did actually kill something every turn. (sure only 1 bike a turn, but at least it was hitting) and then the tank shock to get the last bike, I think you should make your boom gun the model of the match.

Good for the orks a real win, at least somebody in the waagh is doing something right.

Congrats on the win.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »
Thanks Skeetergod.

So far my Boomgun has scattered every time I've fired it. Figures. But it was pretty useful, especially for that tank shock haha. I will make it the model of the match.

Offline Mortalis

• Master of waste disposal
  • For Gondor.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:20:42 AM »
Mad as :D

My destructor killed 6 though not three :P

:D:D:D
~Morty

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:34 AM »
Well at the end of it, there were only 6 or 7 guys left. You get the jist of it :P