News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WoTW 500 points Recon Report  (Read 1893 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
WoTW 500 points Recon Report
« on: February 5, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »
This is a game between my self and Hapexamnder and is part of the WoTW Feb-waagh-ry campaing found here:
LINK

Reconnaissance

My list
Mad Doc Grotsnick
11 Ard Boys; (Favored Unit)1 with big shoota, 1 is nob with PK and BP
Truck; Red, Ram, plank

The Drive y Boys; 12 Shoota Boys, 1 with big shoota , one is nob with BP
Truck; red and ram.

497 Points

His List
Haemonuclous (hereby abbreviated Hami) with dark gate, vitae, and power weapon.

15 Wyches with Hecatrix and agononizer

Ravenger with flicker field, dark lance and 2 disintegrators
Ravenger with flicker field, dark lance and 2 disintegrators

500 Points

Pain tokens that are just too cool so had to have a photo

Set up was as per the scenario, Mad Doc riding with the Ard boys. The DE set up on the very far edge of the even quarter, and He failed to seize the initiative.

Turn 1
Both ork trucks move 13” the drive by boys cut through terrain, and the big shootas  on the trucks missed. There was no combat.
Bottom of 1
1 ravager moves far right, the other just scoots over, the wyches move behind the ravager for cover.
Shooting:

One ravager shoots the truck, the disintegrators failed to pen, but the dark lance got the pen, rolled a 6 for damage, and then a 6 for the ramshackle causing the truck to go krunch, and the Ard Boys stepped out. The witches ran 5” and the other ravager shoots and kills 5 Ard Boys.

Turn 2
The Ard Boys move towards the DE line. The Drive By boys drive towards the objective.
Shooting
The truck big shoota misses, the Ard Boys run 2”
There is no combat.
Bottom of 2
The wyches move towards the objective, and the ravagers spread out more.
Shooting
The 1st ravager shoots and pens the Drive By boys truck, gets a pen and a krunch for ramshackle and the Drive By boys step out. The othe ravager shoots the Ard Boys and kills 2. The wyches run 6.

Turn 3
The Ard Boys continue to march forward to the DE line, the Drive By boys move 3” into difficult terrain by the objective.
Shooting
The Drive By boys open up on the wyches squad, the big shoota again missed, but the rest of the shoota boys caused 3 wounds and two wyches make their feel no pain roll, but the Hami took a wound. The big shoota of the Ard boys hit but failed to penetrate a ravager.
There was no combat.
Bottom of 3
1 ravager moves toward the Drive By boys and the other moves toward the Ard Boys. The wyches change direction and head towards the Ard boys.
Shooting
The two ravagers shoot up the Ard Boys killing them all but Mad Doc who took a wound. The wyches run 1” and so fail their charge on Mad Doc.
There was no combat.
Turn 4
Mad Doc moves towards the wyches, the Drive By boys move in to the cover by the objective.

Shooting.
The drive by boys shoot at wyches, as a side note the big shoota missed again. Causing 5 wounds but with FNP only two of them die. Mad Doc shoots and kills 1 wyche.

Mad Doc assaults the wyches who go first (of course) and cause 1 wound. Mad Doc swings back killing 3 (seems them wyches have a 4+ invuln save) they pass their LD.

Bottom of 4
Both ravagers move towards the Drive By boys. The Hami also moves towards them.

Shooting
The Hami shoots his dark gate hitting 10 and wounding 8 and the orks make all their cover saves.

Both ravagers shoot at the Drive By boys killing 5. They fail their Ld, the boss pole swings but they fail a second time and run away 12”
In combat the wyches finally down Mad Doc and take him prisoner, then consolidate 5 towards the objective.
Turn 5
The Drive By boys rally and have to run, rolling a 6 to get back close to the objective.
Bottom of 5
The wyches and Hami move towards the objective. The ravagers move to get LOS to the Drive By boys.

Shooting
Both ravagers open up and kill off 4 more orks, rather than take a S8 wound on the nob I assigned it to a boy and unfortunately he was the one that had the range to the objective marker, so now the nearest boy was 4” away. The Wyches ran 5 and got right next to the objective.

Since had had the most models by the objective and 1 prisoner, and there was no way two orks were going to survive the attacks from 9 wyches I called the game.

Victory to the DE.

A great game, if only my big shootas could have hit the ravagers and downed at least one it would have been a much closer game. As it was, Hapexamnder was a great sport and very patient while I took notes and pictures. Next week at 750 I am going to take something special for him. Those ravagers will not ravage again. Bwahahahahah…. Snort!

« Last Edit: February 6, 2011, 03:49:12 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: WoTW 500 points Recon Report
« Reply #1 on: February 8, 2011, 10:23:54 AM »
Nice batrep, excellent use of pictures to go with the write up.

I see that both of us struggled vs the Dark Eldar. You did some things well; but its tough enough for us Orks to deal with Armour at some points and in this small a game, its even tougher I think.

You and I can both get revenge for our loses in the next battle, so don't sweat it.

What are you thinking to add in the way of anti-armour ? Might I suggest a few hundred Power Klaws as those do seam to work if you can get the armour to sit still for a second or three.

Cheers and good luck.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: WoTW 500 points Recon Report
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply, looking at next weeks scenario since all turns are night fight, I might not get so shredded by DE shooting. I am still debating on what to take to counter his uber shooting, possibly a big mek with KFF instead of Mad Doc, and of course more orks or more orks in a truck...

And for those of you who are just starting with this campaign, here is what you have to look forward to.
10k of orks on the table.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:12:14 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak