News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Grot Riggers  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Numinak

• Ork Boy
  • Demo charges, the perfect gift to give.
Grot Riggers
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:57:01 AM »
Just a quick question, and I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I need to verify it since I'm still new to orks.

Taking a squadron of vehicles, say several Killa kans, means if one is immoblized, it is still destroyed? Thus negating the reason to buy grot riggers, right?

Just want to be sure on this so I don't waste points. :)
What is not destroyed by bombardment will be crushed under the treads of our tanks!

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
Re: Grot Riggers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:04:37 AM »
yup, useful for wagons, but not for squadrons; although it would become useful once two of the three kans have become immobilised... ::)
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
Re: Grot Riggers
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:50:59 AM »
You are correct. The reason they (and extra armour) are options at all is firstly that our codex came out (just) before 5th edition came out so some of our rules are now outdated.
Secondly when a vehicle squadron is down to its last member then that last model acts as a single vehicle as normal.

It is therefore possible to put riggers/armour on one member of the squad and allocate to that model last so it can survive a little longer as a single model. However as our vehicle squadrons are all light vehicles I find that massed autocannons is what takes them down so you can be forced to allocate results to the upgraded one (which is obviously the one which fails it KFF save and dies)