News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: !!!Calling Harlequin Players!!!  (Read 12952 times)

Cheantoa

!!!Calling Harlequin Players!!!
« on: August 9, 2002, 03:32:27 PM »
If you look on the 1st page of the Harlequin test Codex, you can see it says 'we'd love feedback' and 'this is your chance to have real input into a codex' !!!

Thus, I propose that we all put together an email including
a) New unit ideas
b) reccomended changes for point costs etc.
c) New wargear
d) Our opinions
e) etc.

This is our chance to have input into our impending codex people!! Take the oppurtunity!!!!

Offline Lucky Charm

• THEYE'RE AFTER ME LOADED DICE!!
Re:!!!Calling Harlequin Players!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 12:43:09 PM »
i think we need something like aspect warriors like people like warp spiders or scorpions

but what really be cool is harlie wraithguard unit, they would have a 3+ or a 4+ cover save would add a whole lot of resilance to the army
Wraithlords                            enough said

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 01:30:14 PM »
they need a REAL transport not some sissy little bug thing. Also something like crisis suits, snipers, or dark reapers. oh and some tanks.

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 01:45:42 PM »
As far as Hq goes it perfect the shadowseer´s powers win games.

when they introdueced the fire pike for deathjesters
why not include something similiar too fire dragons though not to similiar cause then i might aswell play eldar.(and who would want that :)).

as far fast attack goes harlequin on skyboards that would look sweet and i also think it would fit the quins.

i´d dont like to see a tank amongst them rather see a light armourd fast thing.

but all in all great harlequin,shadowseer,mime,troupe,DJs,jetbikes,venom and wraithlord does the job but it´s always nice to see new unites to try out(and abuse har har har)

Danceman.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline the solitaire

• Stupendous Badass
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • quod me nutrit, me destruit
  • Armies: Harlequins, Eldar, Space Marines, DeathGuard, Nids
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 01:55:01 PM »
I think the HQ from the experimental codex is fine.
The troop choices could be cheaper (22 points/model), or a cheaper alternative should be offered.
Death Jesters should have 2 wounds or cost 10 points less
some other option for destroying armoured vehicles (vypers or the like)
0-1 WraithLord in the armylist or 1 for every 2000 points
Jetbikes are fine the way they are, and worth the 45 points each. They should also keep the optional weapon upgrades from the experimental codex.
Venom should be able to transport up to 10 troopers.

Cheantoa

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2002, 05:44:06 AM »
Excellent, excellent, keep ideas coming. In the end I'll put them together into a big collaborative Email to games workshop.

Offline ilyandath

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 11:13:44 AM »
I love the idea of harlequins on sky boards. And how about giving them the option of dark eldar bikes, just cause they look cooler.

Offline Ziph

• VRP
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2002, 11:22:09 AM »
Looking over the army list, I'd say the Harlequins lack some form of transport too, or some form of better save versus crashed transports.

I just can't believe these warriors rush screaming into battle, get hit by a smallish rifle and say 'ho well, lost half the troop there 'cos we got no proper protection against that, no matter, on with the asssault! Follow me! Charge! ... Er... chaps? Anyone left?'

I quite understand the vulnerabilty to blasts and flamer typ weapons, but not to be able to withstand a crashed vehicle is slightly silly. I mean, if they're so highly nimble, they should be able to leap off the vehicle before it crashes and they're buried in the wreckage, especially as the Viper is open-topped.
Fabricati Diem, Punc

1250 points Harlequins: 0W, 1D, 3L
2000 points Death Guard: 4W, 3D, 11L

Cheantoa

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 06:21:58 AM »
Maybe a 'skilled escape save' or something?

Offline Ziph

• VRP
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2002, 07:07:06 AM »
Something like that. I'd have no idea though what to make that save though, and under what conditions it could apply. Certainly, I'd say if the vehicle were hit so that it explodes, the save couldn't apply.
Fabricati Diem, Punc

1250 points Harlequins: 0W, 1D, 3L
2000 points Death Guard: 4W, 3D, 11L

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2002, 09:01:02 PM »
i am accually converting some quins onto skyboards and well untill they will show ill treat them as bikes.
hellions look nice... quins look nicer :)
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Bean_Bandit

• what would bruce lee be thinking now?
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2002, 10:06:46 AM »
i think the first thing we should ask for is for the holosave to be made a proper coversave, its  not fun to see half ur squad die to a frag missle or edric storm cos the dont have any save against them blast weapons

Offline Bean_Bandit

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2002, 11:09:56 AM »
the great harlequin should have something special about him - he is meant to be the overall leader but peeps tend to use him like a crapper solitare - any ideas?

bring back some of their old stuff like the "flip-out of combat" rule an pack grenade launchers

a unit of harlequin dancers: agile, abile to move large distaces i,e 12" feel freee to add to this idea :)

i was thinkin about template weapons, instead of just simply giving the harles a sv against it, allow it so the person shooting always has to roll for a scatter instead
ie like it missed (ordinace have to roll 2d6 instead of just 1) i think this fits in perfectly with the holosuit save
but feel free to change it

the old harle the looted vehicle rules; i luv this idea want to see it in the codex

mimc squad (elite) (i know this name is used for a mime squad leader but its the best name for them)

0-1
1-3 mimics 60pts per mimic

information gatherers - mimics disguse themselves as anyone, at the start of the battle declare which squad your mimics reside in, at any point in the battle at the start of your opponents turn you may choose to move you mimics while they are still disgused, they may move but do nothing else.
at the start of your next turn the mimics take off their disguse.
up to the point they take off their disguse the enemy is
not allowed to try any shoot them(as far as their concerned your mimics are their comrades) you may not declare characers/heavy weapons the models you replace with mimics dont count towards casualties.

new harle shadow seer power;
influence - start of the enemies turn declare target up 12" away(on model) both roll 1d6 and add to your ld if you draw or lose nothing happens.if you win the margin you win by dictates what happens next (for one turn)
win by
1 - spiders all over you - model may do nothing this turn (counts as pinned)
rest of squad(if he is part of one) my move and shoot normally (as long as they maintain squad cohirency)
2 - want to go home - model moves 2d6" towards the table edge.
rest of squad (if he is part of one) my move and shoot normally (as long as they maintain squad cohirency)

3 - enemy is all around you! - model moves in a random direction and shoots in random direction (roll scatter and d6 for move and scatter and 2d6 to shoot)
rest of squad (if he is part of one) my move and shoot normally (as long as they maintain squad cohirency)

4 - your fellows are out to get you! (model must shoot at the nearest model/unit (friend or foe).

5+ - meltdown!! the enemy model is so influenced he effectivly becomes yours for a turn move shoot and assault as normal (note your opponent may shoot at his own model if he so wishes but you always move, shoot and assault before any of his models)

invulnerable armor saves may be taken against this

new weapons - graviton gun 20pts
12" range if hits model/squad must roll equal to or under their strength or be pinned

those r all the ideas that ive though of so far any feedback on it would be much appricated :)
harles forever!

Offline Venerable Wraithlord Trokoshea

• GW was once a small shop
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2002, 11:27:35 AM »
i was thinkin about template weapons, instead of just simply giving the harles a sv against it, allow it so the person shooting always has to roll for a scatter instead
ie like it missed (ordinace have to roll 2d6 instead of just 1) i think this fits in perfectly with the holosuit save
but feel free to change it

I too am pissed off by the effects of blast weapons against Harlies... they become useless against a foe with many of them. SO I find your idea really good (fluffwise and playfriendly). I fully support it.

But don't say template weapons when you speak of blast weapons. I think that's what you meant. Template weapons (flamers, acid sprays, ...) should keep the standard rule, IMHO.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2002, 11:31:33 AM by Venerable Wraithlord Trokoshea »
War is useless if its purpose cannot be achieved. So prepare the Reconquest brothers! The Eye of Terror was once ours and ours the Eye will be again.
Gwelath Ysormil, Farseer of Craftworld Salaihn Tann (Quivering Spirit)

Offline Bean_Bandit

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2002, 12:52:54 PM »
thanx :)
also wanted to say i know most peeps dont like
the kiss/powerblades combo, think up a few suggestions of alteratives,
i pesonally think that this comb should be allowed only for the solitare as he is meant to be able to take out squads -  make kiss not kill on 6 for him, igonre armor instead
rivblades add +1 to stength as well

Offline Bean_Bandit

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2002, 12:56:01 PM »
your right toko thats exactly what i meant, flamers and the like r fine the way they r but its the idea of bein edric stormed frag missled that annoys me

Offline Lurcio

• Newest
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2002, 03:15:23 PM »
just wondering i dont cital journal 44 so i  dont have the updated list (im hopefully sorting that out tomorrow) but im thinking of starting harlequins but in the experimental codex it says harlequins count as having a cover save but some of you were mentiong getting pissed of at having eldrict storm or frag grenades targeted at you.
But you only dont get saves against things like flamers that igore cover but in the rule book it specifically says u get a cover save against blast templates well shows it on pg 54. can someone explain this please

Offline Bean_Bandit

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2002, 07:48:17 PM »
if you read the codex carefully it tells you thast the holosave doesnt work against template AND blast markers (ie like a flamer or battle cannon) a well versed player could kill off most of a harle force in one turn what makes harles so hard is close combat they can, with the right equipment wipe out squads to a man in one turn but they pay for this by being v vulnerable + expensive, with enough praccie harles can be a good army.
what we r trying to do on this message board
is get a few ideas together to send off to gw in order to ether put in a codex or if they r too busy simply put an
"these ideas are ok we give them an official thumbs up"
allowing us to modify the codex to make a much more flexable harle force

Offline Bean_Bandit

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2002, 08:19:10 PM »
ps you can download the harle codex (published in cj 39)off the gw follow the link in the harle section if you lookin for the rule for the wraithlord an mimes posted in cj 44 herres the link i found http://hem.passagen.se/tunih/W40KStoryandNecronSite/Harlequins/harequin.htm

put this in ur addess bar hope it helps some :)

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2002, 11:33:56 PM »
I say Rangers. They should be the universal Eldar unit. They are just travelers taking up arms to help fellow Eldar in battle. I think allowing 1 per army is fare (even Craftworld Eldar (not including Alaitoc or course) should be like as well).

Harlies also need a special character that can be taken only in battles over 2000. I'm thinking one of those black library guardians.