News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'ard boyz Jet Council x2  (Read 614 times)

Offline Bastafa

'ard boyz Jet Council x2
« on: August 28, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »
This is what I've thrown together so far:

Farseer   175
   JB, SS, RoW, Doom, Fortune
Warlocks (10)
   JB, Destructor (1), Embolden (2), Enhance (2)
Farseer    115
   JB, Fortune
Warlocks (10)
   JB, Destructor (1), Embolden (2), Enhance (2)

Dire Avengers (10)   287
   +Exarch, 2shuricat, blade storm
     Wave Serpent, TL Bright Lance

Dire Avengers (10)   287
   +Exarch, 2shuricat, blade storm
     Wave Serpent, TL Bright Lance

Pathfinders (7)      168

Wraithlord:  BL, EML   155

Total: 2497

I'm tempted to drop a WL and the pathfinders for Firedragons in a Falcon, but I like the somewhat sturdy Troop to place on one of "my" objectives. I usually run two troops in <=1850, but I dont' know about 2.5k, heh.

Other criticism is greatly appreciated. And, yes, those WL will be taking sight checks every round after the first... just don't know if I want to swap them for walkers.

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: 'ard boyz Jet Council x2
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »
You could probably use something to cleave through armor saves, that can get into the combats your warlocks are holding out in. If you had some shining spears, and put both fortune seers in a single warlock group, the two units could stick together and both remain fortuned. You could use hit and run to avoid letting the shining spears get beaned on the enemy turn if needed.

Warwalkers make for great fire support because of flank march. They don't have to let the enemy shoot at them before they get a chance to shoot. Just be careful in selecting their targets.

Offline Straker

• Armies: Eldar, Tryanid
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »
Yea I dont see how the Lords fit in at all, with no seer you dont want those badboys taking wraithsight tests...Besides, you dont need that much AT, Id drop them all for a squad of 3 Walkers and other supporting stuff you like (I see a lot being able to fit in here, like flanking scorps in a transport, VoT harlies, etc)

Also, I dont see why you need RoW when you have embolden...
I also hate destructor in seer councils. You may lose assault range, and honestly they can handle anything just fine w/o it.

I dont like the no stones on the serpents, even though not much fire should be directed at them so you may be OK. Still, you have a TINY amount of troops for 2.5k, you could use some JBs or even guardians.

Offline srintuar

• Infinity Circuit | I'm too rational to have a mod-imposed dumb title, I suppose.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • 電光石火
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:52:40 PM »
Its pretty weak on troops too.

You should take a guardian squad with a spiritseer just so you can keep those lords functional.  Or drop the lords for fire-prisms.

They just dont fit together.

Offline Sherudon

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »
gods help you if you fail a fortune cast... or worse if they have a hood...

A single wraith and a pathfinder lost can give you a full walker squad with scatters... alot more ranged fire...

Also no stones on your serpents?... realy pray you get 1st turn... and they dont get the iniamphetamine parrotive otherwise your serpents will get hammered 1st turn...

As stated before.. few troops in 5th ed is almost asking for a draw.. or loss .. god I love the new 5th ed for that... suck @ss  2 Troops and 3 elites and 3 hvy armies...

Also be careful with farseers in cc instant kill him and your walocks will begin to die very fast... its not a retinue for him so he can still be targeted..
Everytime you read this A puppy dies...