News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ere we go 1000 points Biel tan allround  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
Re: 'Ere we go 1000 points Biel tan allround
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2005, 10:18:48 AM »
My main intention is to keep my seer and the spiders OUT of CC. Not throwing them INTO cc. I only gave the exarch powerblades because I had some pts left.

Anyway so your saying that if I have a piece of forest or something. I just float above it unbark and don't have to roll for a difficult terrain test? Could you give me the page number where it says that I am able to unboard that way? *Grabs his shotgun and walks to the dude that claimed I had to test for it*

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2005, 11:13:38 AM »
Page 62 for info about transport vehicles, and page 61 for vehicle movement.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2005, 12:07:44 PM »
Ok thanks. . that would have decided the whole outcome of the battle   >:( I am gonna demand a rematch. . .

Offline sullyadbellum

« Reply #23 on: December 8, 2005, 11:14:20 AM »
True, it would give him the chance to shoot a shuriken pistol...but then, when the jetbike he has comes equipped with twin-linked shuriken catapults, the shuripistol seems a bit redundant.  Semantics, of course, since with twin-linked shuricats he's likely not going to be firing a pistol, and he obviously won't be firing a CCW. 

I just think the model would look a little cooler with another sword tucked away somewhere...

Offline ShadowcatX2000

• Stars once lived and died by our command.
« Reply #24 on: December 8, 2005, 11:26:49 AM »
A model on a bike can't use 2 weapons regardless. Get the Far-Seer a witch blade or a Singing Spear for anti-tank purpopses. Vectored engines as have been pointed out are worthless. I don't think your list is cheesy at all.
Everything I have ever told you, even this, is a lie.

Offline Farceseer Syranaul

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The Redux Dentist
  • Armies: The Buanneth Fhirin
« Reply #25 on: December 8, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
A model on a bike can't use 2 weapons regardless. Get the Far-Seer a witch blade or a Singing Spear for anti-tank purpopses. Vectored engines as have been pointed out are worthless. I don't think your list is cheesy at all.

I suppose that the fact of the Singing Spear is a two handed weapon didn't cross your mind.  There is nothing in the main rule book or our codex that says you can have 2 one handed weapons or 1 2 handed weapon.
"Simple Changes, and Small Additions"
"It is easier to add something than to remove something."

Quote from: Starrakatt, LolDeer of Doom
So, maybe I'm being dense here

Offline ShadowcatX2000

« Reply #26 on: December 8, 2005, 04:13:25 PM »

I suppose that the fact of the Singing Spear is a two handed weapon didn't cross your mind.  There is nothing in the main rule book or our codex that says you can have 2 one handed weapons or 1 2 handed weapon.

Edit: Where is it said that you can't have a 2 handed weapon on a bike?
« Last Edit: December 8, 2005, 04:29:36 PM by ShadowcatX2000 »

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: December 8, 2005, 04:22:52 PM »
Repost time:

HQ:
Farseer
Weapons: shuriken pistol
Wargear: Jetbike RoW ghosthelm
Psychic power: Fortune

Elites:

Troops:
6 fire dragons

5 scorpions
1 scorpion exarch with scorpion claw.

9 warpspiders
1 exarch w/hit and run

Fast attack:

Heavy support:
Falcon:
Weapons: Shuriken cannon starcannon pulse laser
Vehichle upgrades: holo field spirit stones

Falcon:

Total: 996 points

Offline ShadowcatX2000

« Reply #28 on: December 8, 2005, 04:25:28 PM »
a 6 strong unit of Scorpions aren't going to do you much good. I'd go back to the 2x units of fire dragons, or a flamer death squad.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #29 on: December 8, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »
First your uys are saying that I need to throw them out for banshees or scorps. I do what you guys suggest and now your saying I need to throw them back in? :P. Something aint right. .. .

Anyway then it would be:

HQ:
Farseer
Weapons: shining spear
Wargear: Jetbike RoW ghosthelm
Psychic power: Fortune

Elites:

Troops:
6 fire dragons

6 fire dragons

9 warpspiders
1 exarch w/hit and run + powerblades

Fast attack:

Heavy support:
Falcon:

Falcon:

Total: 1000 points

Offline ShadowcatX2000

« Reply #30 on: December 8, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »
It looks good though it could use some Scorpions.   :P   

But no seriously, it looks good. You might have a bit of a hard time against hordes, but playing mech style it shouldn't be so bad.

Offline Firecat

« Reply #31 on: December 8, 2005, 04:51:31 PM »
Definitely keep the singing spear on the farseer.  You'd be amazed at how much carnage he can cause if he gets close to enemy vehicles.  6 scorps aren't too bad, especially if you fortune them.  You need the exarch to hurt marines however.  So basically either list will work.  It depends on whether you want an assaulty element or not.  Personally I'd go with the list with scorpions, drop the powerblades on the spider exarch, and give the farseer a singing spear or wicthblade + ccw (depends on whether you want to charge vehicles or hit them from range).

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: December 9, 2005, 06:01:31 AM »
The seer will fly along with the spiders. Fortuning them. I gave him the bike so he could keep up with them and se his jetbike move to move back in the assault phase together with the spiders.

And most of the time. I am playing versus marines ravenwing deathwing black templars and chaos necrons and SOMETIMES eldar. (But I ussaly ALLY with them) As you can see all of them are MEQ. Altough we also have some nid players but those don't play that much. I know its a bit lame to ''make my list like this'' because its pretty versus MEQ build but I don't see a reason why I shouldn't do it. I mean I only face them so what use does it have to make it versus hordes?

The only horde we have are nids. And if I face them then the spiders should do pretty fine and the dragons toast the TMC. (Prays) Using my mobility to take out anything shooty so he can't win anymore. I never face orks. (Sadly) and Ig ain't such a problem. I simply use my spiders to get into CC ASAP.

Offline sullyadbellum

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2005, 12:16:02 AM »
If you want your Farseer to assault with the spiders, by all means give him the W.Blade+CCW combo.  This is cheaper, you'll note, than the Singing Spear and it gives the farseer an additional attack, which is nice.  Against vehicles, the Singing Spear will hit on a 2+ when you throw it, but you get one chance and the spear can only ever glance a vehicle.  With the W.Blade/CCW you get three shots on a charge and you have the ability to penetrate the vehicle. 

Me, personally, I burn the extra 18 points and give my farseer both the W.Blade and the Singing Spear.  That way, I have the good shot at a glance, and then in case that doesn't work for me, I can go for the W.Blade attacks.  I don't recommend this, though, since it burns up a great deal of points and leaves your farseer with 1 close combat attack (after all, you always throw the spear in the shooting phase)...

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2005, 02:01:51 AM »
I have played a battle last friday. My seer fortuned the warp spider squad then unengaged and went forward. He threw his spear in a leman russ blowing it up :P. The spiders advanced and w8ed a turn.

The turn after the SM and Ig took down my falcon with one lucky shot :S 2 5's.. 3 FD survived and my SM ally was trying to draw more attention with his units the turn after.

I threw the spiders into CC with my seer. While my FD unboarded the other falcon and blew up a hellhound to save my friends scouts that went inside a bunker killing 2 AM with their pistols. The turn after the scouts were charged by 8 assault marines and a chaplain and managed to kill 6 of them w00t. My falcon was stunned but they needed to leave it alone because there were more threats on the battlefield. That was like their only chance to get it down permantly but they let it go and it kept wreaking havoc tilll the end of the battle.

We won. . .like always :P (me and my friend have never lost a battle together (A) it was a nice battle. The spiders did a awsome job slaughtering IG after IG squad then being assaulted by some marines drawing back and rapid fire them blasting away 6 in one swoop w00t ^^. The only thing that was wrong wa the falcon with their lucky shot but overall the other 2 units were tough enough to still deal with the rest of their army combined with my friends sm.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 02:07:09 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline sullyadbellum

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 02:03:18 AM »
That's some wicked good dice rolls, blowing up a land raider with a glancing hit.  I rolled a 6 once...I was practicing for a game.  When the game rolled around, I rolled mostly twos.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 02:21:44 AM »
I said leman russ. . .a well he saved my 10 man scorp squad wit hthat throw.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 02:23:41 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline sullyadbellum

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 09:55:59 PM »
Yeah...leman russ...that's what I said.

::)

Offline mael nightwing

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2005, 07:16:41 AM »
Have you considered replacing the scorps with banshees?
Although slightly less effective vs 3+ saves and hordes their fleet rule enables them to assault a unit at lest 13" from your transport. With the fleet rule not being impeded by terrain you can pull off some really surprising assaults with them while still protecting your falcon.

Congrats on the win BTW, nice to see Bien Tal rolling back the imperium bit by bit.

Rgds
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 07:18:09 AM by mael nightwing »

Offline Bloatsnot

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2005, 09:21:24 AM »
Where does it say shining spears only do glancing hits?!!

Sorry if the question is inane, I'm a noob to eldar.

Bloat