News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177142 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Welcome all Newcomers!
« Reply #3160 on: February 4, 2011, 08:00:27 AM »
Hi Dysphonia and welcome,

Just wondering, if the Tau are calling you, how come you bought an AoBR box set? Hope you don't mind me asking but do you actually suffer from dysphonia?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Dysphonia

« Reply #3161 on: February 4, 2011, 06:11:34 PM »
Hi Dysphonia and welcome,

Just wondering, if the Tau are calling you, how come you bought an AoBR box set? Hope you don't mind me asking but do you actually suffer from dysphonia?

Was kind of an impluse buy, and I knew I had other marine/ork stuff to use it with, so figured it was a good buy. The idea for a tau army came after actually. might be one of those things I work on over a long period of time as an extra thing.

And nope, just like the word. I find neurological disorders have fairly good sounding names, and I've got an interest in neurological disorders anyway (I'm a third year neuroscience student, so yeah)

Offline Walrus

« Reply #3162 on: March 4, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »
Hi Everyone. Just joined thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm totally new to this game, still working through the rule book learning the basics. I bought the Assault on Black Reach set, I figured it would be a good start. But I have yet to decide Which army I want to build. I'm leaning towards the Imperial Guard. However it's very difficult as I think all of the Imperium factions are intriguing and quite frankly I want to build an army consisting of all them. I've started painting the space marines in a scheme I thought was my own idea, but as it turns out with a bit of research it bares an eerie similarity to the White Panthers space marine Chapter. As I'm learning my hands are nowhere near steady and painting is beginning to become frustrating, but I wont give up. Anyways I hope to learn lots from these forums and perhaps it will help me make a decision about which army to choose.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3163 on: March 4, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Don't worry too much about finding just the right army for yourself at this point. Continue with reading the rule book, painting the models you've already picked up, and reading through different threads on different boards if the topic intrigues you. There's no hurry in any of this and when you settle down on a set of armies you like you're always able to pick up a codex to read to see what you are able to do with them on the table top.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3164 on: March 4, 2011, 11:59:17 PM »
Welcome to the forums. And the hobby, I hope you find that you enjoy both

Offline Juroda

• You don't play ping-pong; Ping-pong plays YOU!!!
« Reply #3165 on: March 5, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
Ditto!

Offline RazorBuzz

« Reply #3166 on: April 3, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »
Hi to all.
My friends use to call me just Razor. I've been playing tyranids for many years (about 12) althought I've quited WH40k in many times. Once again, I'm back, I hope to stay for at least 12 more years  ;D I very happy of meeting such a good comunity as the one in these forums. I've read for weeks before I decided to register and I could realized there are a lot of people with great knowledges and the will to share them with others around the comunity. That's why I decided to join 40konline.com, to be able to learn and share with the best possible quantity and quality.

I really got very impressed by some Tyranids players and I hope to feel the same in the future about some Space Marine players since it's quite probably I'll beging playing some Chapter of them.

Lots of fun with WH40K to all.

Razor B.-

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #3167 on: April 4, 2011, 08:39:09 AM »
Welcome to the community!

What flavor of marines are you thinking of getting?
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline RazorBuzz

« Reply #3168 on: April 4, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »
Hi JoBob, thanks for your welcome.
I'm quite lost about Space Marines, I've been reading for days and currently I'm considering one of these 3 possibilities:
- Blood Angels
- Ultra Marines
- Create a new chapter

Anyway, I'll post it right now in the Space Marines Forum. Any help or point of view will always be welcome  ;)

Razor B.-

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #3169 on: April 4, 2011, 09:53:42 AM »
Create a new chapter for sure! The Ultramarines are "ultra", but creating a new chapter is always better. Even if it is just a successor chapter to the Ultramarines. It allows you to put your own spin on the fluff and make the chapter your own.

C:SM has a huge amount of flexibility in the types of armylists it allows you to create. Dreadnought wall? Yep. Biker? Yeah. Mechanized? Definitely. The list goes on and on.

BA, on the other hand, only have a few different types of lists, but what they do, they do better than C:SM in most cases.
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline luther - the fallen

• Newest
  • Something clever
« Reply #3170 on: April 21, 2011, 05:02:36 AM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but I've been in the hobby for some 12 years now.
I've had just about every army produced by GW during this time, but I've always had a love for the Dark Eldar fluff, and with the new DE mini's out, I figured it was about time I started them.
Hopefully I can find inspiration, and the occasional help here, as well as bring these to those that need it.

- Luther

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3171 on: April 25, 2011, 04:11:31 AM »
Hello Luther, and happy Easter.  :)
I notice you said that you have had most of the armies. Does that mean you have got rid of most of them now?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:22:38 PM by Alienscar »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Fist of Nocchi

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3172 on: April 28, 2011, 05:51:33 AM »
Hello all I am new to the site and it looks really good. Thanks all you guys for making it.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3173 on: April 28, 2011, 08:06:33 AM »
Welcome to the site. I hope you find it as informative and entertaining as I have. We have lots of good people on here, so I hope you will feel welcome.

Offline Fist of Nocchi

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3174 on: April 30, 2011, 07:15:59 AM »
Thanks for the nice greeting Night walker.

Offline Soldier of fortune

« Reply #3175 on: May 2, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
I'm certainly not new to Warhammer 40k, but, I'm certainly new to the forum. Anyways, thought I'd say Hello, you'll most likely see me in the Eldar section discussing armies and tactics.
It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #3176 on: May 3, 2011, 08:48:58 AM »
Welcome to 40k online. It's nice to see another xeno to kill new face in the forum!

Offline Starstrider3

• You shall not escape the Starstriders!
« Reply #3177 on: May 4, 2011, 12:31:50 PM »
Indeed, nice to see a fellow Eldar player helping with the fight against the lesser races. ;)
"There is no corner of the galaxy that has not felt the eagle-keen gaze of Alaitoc."
Elarique Swiftblade, Autarch of Alaitoc

The Dark City A Dark Eldar Dedicated Forum

Offline Orks4Life

• SERIAL POSTER: Ummm, what modify button?
  • Armageddon will fall!
Re: I was a lurker
« Reply #3178 on: May 12, 2011, 05:02:21 AM »
I've been playing for too long (I too can remember when 40K was but a single book) but I only signed up here TODAY.

I bought my son a box of Guardians and Eldrad for Xmas, cos he was really interested. But he's bored with them already, and they haven't been out of the box for six weeks.

I'm trying again tonight.

Any tips on how to get my wife to play would also be appreciated.

HAHAHAHA, I wish, she just laughs at me. be happy we have son's to pass on this wonderful game too ( and smash regularly at will!).
I am new to the site however and I was curious as to how I get a Av and a Sig up!?
All I do is pwn. WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Offline minecraft1

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3179 on: May 20, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
im another noob who likes to many armies yay!!