News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330614 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + Campaign Projects
« Reply #740 on: May 18, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
What a game buddy! Such great fun, tomorrow I have 2 games starting our next league, 750 pts each. I'mean taking my mighty jet bike army. My list for this is using the wind rider formation.

Farseer
Warlock with spear
6 laser bikes
2 units of 4 shurbikes
Vyper with bright Lance shur cannon
Hornet with pulse lasers

I think one will be tau and the other will be necrons or dark angels.

Anyhow, something I noticed was the bad ass hydra gauntlet on your corsair, so cool, I'm stealing that one. In your game, well the scorpions just rule for you. Your Lord suffered new model syndrome but I'm sure will avenge himself in a later game.

I will try to do some batreps as entertaining as yours with our league.

"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #741 on: May 18, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
@Dread- Ooh dang! No punches pulled in round 1! I love it! Hope your buds are ready lol  ;D
Glad you dig the Spider Exarch. He's actually got Hydra Gauntlets on both arms to represent the power blades, but go ahead steal away, I'm always pumped to see people try out my kitbashes. Anyway great stuff Dread, good luck with your league!

@Everybody- Hey gang well I'm back with a sizeable hobby update! I've got a bunch of additional stuff that I'll save for another post but I've been motoring along here. Been really getting into my Dark Angels. The easiness of their overall scheme has made the detailing super fun. The Sarge in particular came out to pretty nice and I'm very happy. I've got the 1st Combat squad finished. The other 5 have most of their basic colors on and it'll be relatively quick to finish them up.

I decided to do a pretty cool thing with each of the back banners for the Sarges. I'm gonna use basically gonna do Virtus, Vastius, Vindicate in reference to the classic banners of Fortitude, Devastation and Retribution. It fits too as I've got 3 Tactical Squads in my army list which is pretty cool.

Note the Night Lords head... the bases are meant to represent the DA's scorched earth campaign on their way back to Terra in which they beat the hell out of the Night Lords left right and center.

Also re-based the Librarian and here he is next to the 3rd Company Chaplain. Gotta redo the runes on the sword but other than that he's finished. Plan on doing the entire 3rd Company Command Squad at some point just for fluff purposes, though most of my Command elements will be coming from the 2nd Company (all bikes).

Also I've had a bunch of Reavers just lying about so I decided to use a couple to convert up some legit Scatter Laser Jetbikes. Don't worry this isn't in an attempt to get more of them into my lists, its just to get WYSIWYG and to able to use my Reavers properly when allied in.

Also here is my Thousand Sons comission I'm working on. I know Vonny and Irisado both play Thousand Sons so I thought I'd share. I'm NOT super crazy about these models. They look cool don't get me wrong but they just feel a bit too over the top for me. When it comes to Space Marines I tend to like them a little more understated. Like with Space Wolves I like just a touch of the whole Wolf thing, the Wolf helms, wolf pelts riding on cybernetic wolves thing is a bit over too over the top for me. I don't hate it, or even really dislike it, its really just a mild preference.

All things considered they are pretty cool. I'm basically doing a whole army on commission so I just thought I'd share with you guys.

Anyways guys thats it for now. I actually got a bunch of Necron stuff in the fires right now, as well as some pretty awesome terrain stuff as well. Some real centerpiece stuff... but anyway I don't want to spam out. Anyway guys stay tuned I've got a bunch of stuff nearly ready to share.... stay tuned!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #742 on: May 18, 2016, 03:24:55 PM »
Are the Thousand Sons converted or are they 30K models that I didn't know anything about (I don't follow 30K, so I've no idea what models are available for it)?  Either way, you've done a fantastic job of painting them, and they certain have retained that quasi-Egyptian mythology look.  The eyes of Tzeentch, in particular, look very impressive.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #743 on: May 18, 2016, 06:49:20 PM »
nice work, even if they marines ;)

The DE Reavers bikes work well with CWE bodies, I used them as my warlock bikers before the offical model was released. I trimmed the blades off the wings and fin to make them stand out a bit more against actual Reavers and to fit more with CWE styling.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #744 on: May 19, 2016, 05:33:05 AM »
I agree that they're a bit over the top. They might be fine if they get regular terminator helms (like the one in the back right). I reckon these are some third party models?
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #745 on: May 19, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »
@Irisado- Yeah they are 3rd party... Kromlech I think (which I'm not the hugest fan of). The client's project is a bit oddball... he's gone all out on picking up these 3rd party figures, and even FW stuff but using Emperor's Children Phoenix Guard terminators. It seems this guy is just dying to get a Heresy era Thousand Sons army on the table. Thanks though glad you dig the paint jobs!

@Magenb- Thanks buddy. I decided not to alter the bikes too, too much as I'd like to roll them back into my actual Reaver squadron when I start getting my DE going again. I'm actually been toying around with re-incorporating a major chunk of points back into my allied DE and trying to learn how to use my Reavers. They are a unit I really love and could see fitting in well with my over all approach. Anyway thanks buddy I appreciate it.

@Vonny- Yeah definitely over the top. I honestly would have just rocked some Tartaros or Cataphracti Terminators with Thousand Sons shoulder pads and unique looking weaponry. These are actually 3rd party upgrades on Grey Knight Terminators. Its actully kinda clever, but I think the Egyptian theme is pushed too far. Still cool nonetheless in an over the top way.

@Everybody- Well guys I should be back in a few days time... today however is significant. Today (hopefully) I'm selling a big huge recliner couch in what will be my future game room!!! My brother and I are going make a table from scratch with storage space and the whole 9 yards. We're gonna go all out and deck out the room and really give it a cool vibe. Anyway guys stay tuned I got a ton more hobby stuff on the way

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #746 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »
Thanks for the clarification about the models Cavalier.  I agree that they are not the greatest.  I can see what he's trying to do, but I feel that the results are a bit mixed.  They look more like a cross between Stargate and Space Marines than they do Thousand Sons Marines, however, your paint job does make them look significantly better.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #747 on: May 19, 2016, 04:20:24 PM »
Yup, I like what he's trying to do, we've all been there once, but I bet they'll still have a good presence on the field.

So I had 2 games yesterday. And as always I forgot to take pics. Unfortunately I lost both, 9-4 and 9-7, last game I needed one more round but we rolled a 1. Next week will be 1k and have list ready.

Now I have a bit of a conundrum. I got 3 more jet bikes and not sure if 3 warlocks or bolster my bikes, what's your suggestion?
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #748 on: May 20, 2016, 07:07:12 AM »
You've already got a ton of Windriders, I think you should definitely think about making some Warlocks to bolster the force. You can then add a Seer Council once you get enough of them, which is always a nice jewel in the crown for every Eldar force.

I actually think 3x3 Bikes is the sweet spot for me. It keeps the bike wing nice and cheap and allows me to supplement the rest of the army with some more heavy hitters... which helps take away attention from the bikes.

Too bad about the pics! I was looking forward to seeing your dudes on the tabletop!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #749 on: May 20, 2016, 01:52:27 PM »
Them Dark Angels look sick! I cannot wait to see more! What are you thinking of expanding with after you're done with Calth?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #750 on: May 21, 2016, 08:00:59 AM »
@Irisado- Hey Irisado, I forgot to comment on something you said. Sorry bout that. Yeah I agree with you on them not quite looking like Space Marines. Their is a weird Halo (the video game) or World of Warcraft vibe that tends to seep into 3rd party minis which is a major turn off to me. Its not too evident in these particular minis, but it a theme throughout a lot of the Kromlech line. Scribor minis on the other hand produce some REALLY nice stuff. One of those Scribor minis is on the way for this commission so hopefully it'll be cool.

@Killersquid- Hey thanks man! I'm really glad you like the DA. They are big departure from what I've done previously but I'm loving them. The Calth set is a big chunk of my army, 3 full tacticals in pods is going to be the troop core of my army. After that they are going to be supported by 2 units of 6 Black Knights (wait till you see the minis... they are gonna be sweet!) and then a unit of Thunder Hammer Stormshield Termies which will need a bit of converting to get right.

That being said I'm getting my Termies from the Space Marine codex because I want to deliver them via Storm Raven. I'll also be drawing on a couple of really oddball units from the Space Marine codex as well which will be SUPER cool. Sort of retro throwback unit that I've always loved just for some fun shenanigans.

Anyway KS thanks so much for the feedback. Looking forward to seeing more of your Chaos and especially that tournament. Make sure you take photos!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2016, 02:15:32 PM »
Hey gang how's it going! Been a little bit I've had a lot of real life stuff going on lately so past few days I've not been able to hobby which is extremely unusual for me. But got back on the ball today did some commission stuff and finished painting this little bugger!

If you're gonna have a Necron army, you gotta have Wraiths! These things (and Destroyers) are the bane of my existence when I've played against the 'Crons and one of the reasons I've yet to win against them in 3 games in which I've played against the "new" dex. Very happy with how this sucker came out. He was built by my brother but painted by me. We're gonna collaborate a lot more in this way with the Necrons because he loves building models and I like painting them.

Anyway guys I'll be back soon with a more substative update. I re-did the DE Laser bikes a few days back and put the finishing touches on them and will have some paint on them soon. Gotta get back to my DA too. Anyway guys thanks for stopping by and I'll talk with you all soon!

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2016, 05:33:41 PM »
pretty.... stop making those dang pretty necrons because I keep wanting to make an army too!
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #753 on: May 24, 2016, 06:49:06 AM »
@Vonny- Lol... thanks Vonny I'm glad you like them. They are really fun to paint... they come to life so quick and have become a really iconic faction. I remember when Necrons first came out and everyone was like "What?" but now their backstory, models and the insane Forgeworld line of fortifications/scenery is incredible!

I'm only a unit of Warriors away from a 750pts army after which their will be a battle-report! Furthermore it'll be a battle report from my new game room! My brother and I begin construction this weekend. Stay tuned its about to get real! lol   ;D ;D

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #754 on: May 24, 2016, 02:22:36 PM »
Oh man love that Wraith!

And the DA unit is coming along really well, looks great! If you have a pin vice I would recommend drilling the bolter barrels out, but the banners are sick, really like your theme idea.

I actually thought that youngblood's list was pretty decent, maybe should have gone with more 3-man reaver units rather than a 6-man one though, just turbo boost right in turn 1 and start the hammer of wrath-ing while Talos creep up. That many Talos, really should be a Corpsethief Claw! That extra Scout move would be clutch...

Also the Scorpions wouldnt lose Move Through Cover from being joined by the Autarch, but they would lose Fleet which is pretty bad. In general I would always attach a jetbike Autarch to scorpions if possible, as then you can jink in the open for a 2+ with shrouded...nasty!

Great games and hobbying reports as usual, keep up the good work!
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #755 on: May 26, 2016, 07:10:53 AM »
@Ibushi- Thanks as always my friend. Always appreciate your input and comments. And yes... I know... DRILL YOUR DAMN BOLTERS! That is a reality and edict all true sons of the Emperor must face and obey.  ;D ;D ;D

Yes I agree the youngblood's list was pretty dang good. He inflicted more casulties on me than anyone else and he played very well to boot. I agree on the Corpsethief, and he usually runs one but it was a no-formations League so he couldn't (unfortunately).

Thats fantastic info about the Scorpions. I didn't know they would retain Move Thru Cover... but they also confer Shrouding? I thought it was one of those "Disciples" rules where all the models in the unit needed to have Shadowstrike to keep the rule? I'll have to check but you are FAR more versed in the rules than I am.

Also I'm going to play Mr. Youngblood again next weekend, so count on seeing the Corpsethief, some Grotesques and..... Sslyth! He's got an awesome converted Sslyth Archon to go with them and it looks great. Anyway it should be a great fun matchup. I can't wait!

Anyways thanks as always Ibushi and thanks to everyone who's stopped by. Take care guys and I'll talk with you all soon!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #756 on: May 27, 2016, 01:19:18 PM »
Hey gang plugging away as usual. Just wanted to share this little kitbash I did. I had showed you guys the unpainted version awhile ago, and decided to go with advice from Magenb and clip the blade off the top of the bike and I'm happy I did as it looks much more unique.

Been giving a bit of thought to distinguishing my coteries once I start running a true Corsair force and I think little additions like this will go a long way to creating a slightly more eclectic look to distinguish each coterie.

Anyways guys got another one ready to go, and a third just needs a few bits to complete. Anyway let me know what you think. Cheers guys and thanks for stopping by.

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #757 on: May 27, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »
That looks excellent.  That figure now has a very Star Wars look, but with an Eldar style.  The paint job is incredible as always too.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #758 on: May 30, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »
@Irisado- Hey Irisado thanks a lot. Totally agree on the Star Wars vibe and so long as you are talking original trilogy thats always a plus!  ;D I'm glad you like him. Really looking forward to having a whole squad of these guys. Need to do a small bits order to complete the 3rd bike and they should be ready to go. It'll be nice to have 3x3 WYSIWYG laser bikes too. I hate running my Reavers in there place. I'll eventually replace even this kitbashed unit but the next time I buy bikes they are going to the Seer Council. Anyway thanks Irisado!

@Everybody- Hey everybody. Minor update... did a reclamation project to restore an old War Walker and decided to paint him in my Shadowstrike Coterie colors. The lighting is totally crap at my house today so this is the best photo I could manage. He's still an early WIP but I think you guys get the vibe. Also did a little free style rune on there which comes I saw in the Harlie Codex.

Its the thorn covered stave, one of Kurnous' runes representing the silent kill. Thought it'd be appropriate for my counts-as Scorpions who I think will be called Kurnous' Hunters

Also... IT HAS BEGUN! I mentioned to you guys me and my brother were renovating one of our rooms to be a gaming room and here is the centerpiece... the Tall Man's Gaming Table! My brother is 6'7 so you get an idea how big this sucker is! I'm 6'4" so its perfect for me with my bad back. This thing is clocking in at 4' high, and its going to be 8' long with storage space inside with shelves for our terrain. Its going to be legendary. We're gonna go stealth geek and design the room to have a 70's bar vibe but it'll also be nice for more mature gaming environment. Drinks, music a TV and some good old fashion wargaming. Anyway guys hope you like what you see. Hope for all my fellow Americans you're enjoying Memorial Day. Anyway guys take care and talk to you all soon!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:55:17 PM by Cavalier »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #759 on: May 30, 2016, 09:49:12 PM »
Loving the paint job on the walker. I think the red glass works beautifully with the model. Kudos on the free-hand ruin too. It was very well executed. That table is going to be killer. Can't wait to see the finished product.