News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How do you transport your armies?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
How do you transport your armies?
« on: August 10, 2016, 02:00:06 AM »
Just as the title says, how do you transport your armies around? Need some good ideas to transport my large armies around without carrying a bunch of smaller cases around. But at the same time, not spend to much money.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: How do you transport your armies?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 08:08:30 AM »
In use the GW crusader case. Works well for me.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:11:40 AM »
Shoeboxes + wadded toilet paper have always worked. Stack the shoeboxes in a large shopping bag and bam--super cheap transportation.

I also use a variety of fishing tackle boxes. Others I know use padded gun cases (they have a hard exterior and egg-crate foam on the inside).

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »
I use two of the cheapest KR Multicases.  They're sturdy and do the job well enough, and just two are enough to transport more or less 2,000 points of Eldar around.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 12:02:43 PM »
I use KR Multicase for my standard infantry, Wave Serpents, Dark Eldar Raiders etc. But good old Battlefoam is really my go to. I have so many converted models I really need as customizable a case as possible and the old pick and pluck battle foam still serves me well.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 10:13:30 AM »
I use medium size Feldherr bags. And a few Feldherr storage cases.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:50:51 PM »
Toolboxes, just grabbed some foam blocks, cut them out to size, for the upper trays then cut out holes to slide infantry in. Most CWE/DE infantry fits in those slots standing up.

Base of the tool box was big enough to stack two foam blocks on. So I can pile in a couple of Waves, 2 war walkers and a couple of Fire Prisms.

So thats, 40 troop slots (CWE/DE/Necrons), 20 bulky troops, 4 tanks and 2 war walkers.

I have a couple of other cases, one is mostly for Jetbikes and thin mechs, hornets, Nightwings, Wraithlords, etc. Where the last is for big things like the Wraightnight.

The laser cut foam from KR, battlefoam etc are great, but expensive. Especially if you have mutlple armies, but even if you have a single sizable army and change your roster around.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 11:29:30 PM »
I've got one of the newer GW cases which works really well for most of what I use, I've also got an older one which tends to just be used for Storage.
My big issue is always with Drop Pods and Flyers, I keep looking at the battlefoam and KR Cases for them but it always seems like a lot of money to pay out for about 250pts worth of drop pods haha
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:33 PM »
I use a mixture of boxes, I got a nice box when I bought a PSU for my computer, with 2 foam trays, that will fit one eldar skimmer each.
An old camerabox with 3 parts bottom-, top- and border- foam works great for 3 war walkers and a DE Raider.
I also use an old small GW case for the infantry, it fits about 100 models in 3 foam layers.

Then I stuff it all into a camping bag (75 Liters) which can be carried in one hand on one shoulder or as a backpack. Having it all in a backpack is awesome when riding a bike to the local club.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 03:21:44 PM »
A mix of the old GW regular and Monster cases (about 25 of them!) plus a couple of the current range of GW cases. The Crusader size is excellent.