News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Inquisitor  (Read 539 times)

Offline Supergeek

• BZWZWAZWZWWZZZZZZZZ- All bow down to hypnotoad!
Inquisitor
« on: April 8, 2003, 06:12:25 PM »
I bought the rule book for Inquisitor and even got a few miniatures, however the problem I have is that noone else I know has the miniatures and I have a lot of 40k scale terrain but no inquisitor scale terrain.
\
My question is this.  Has anyone worked out a conversion to use the inquisitor rules with 40k scale miniatures.  I think in terms of ranges and the like that you could halve them but how do you convert the stats from 40k into inquisitor stats.

If anyone has done this or knows where I can get some info on this I would be grateful.

Offline Samurai

• Most Honorable Warrior
  • Ancient
Re:Inquisitor
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2003, 08:00:54 PM »
you can play Inquisior with 40K mini's, just keep everytihng the same, but use lower ranges...

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2003, 08:06:12 PM »
Wait, are you asking 40k to Inquisitor, or Inquisitor to 40k?  You said both in your post.  I'm assuming you mean Inquisitor to 40k, though.  Its kind of hard to do this, because Inquisitor is much more fluffy rules-wise than 40k, with Space Marines with extremely high toughness and strength and such.  I would say that normal stats for that race + a few wounds would be good for powerful characters (for example a 3-wound Inquisitor would make sense, but not a 3-wound Imperial Guard veteran) and then *most* of the equipment is easy to convert into 40k, and you can even look at some second edition rules if you have access to them, since some things in the =I= book were also in second edition.  Of course some rules would be unbalancing in 40k (for example, every weapon causing pinning tests), and some could not even be implemented without a giant paragraph describing what it does.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Supergeek

• BZWZWAZWZWWZZZZZZZZ- All bow down to hypnotoad!
« Reply #3 on: April 8, 2003, 08:08:34 PM »
Basically we want to play inquisitor using 40k minis.  The big problem is that, for example, one of the people I play with only has tau miniatures and we want to convert their stats.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2003, 09:30:54 PM »
It's quite esay really you just judge using some of the stats in the =I= book. The =I= rules are not set in stone they are allowed to be manipulated and changed as you see fit. And so measurements can be up too you.

Offline Volo

• Pada-mod Learner / Infinity Circuit
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 12:15:56 AM »
use the stats for IG str, toughness, initiative, BS, Ld, etc.
Compare IG WS to marine WS. subtract the difference from the IG skill for Tau WS.
Eldar ~6000pts
Space Wolves- Black Claw Company, 6,000pts
Saim Hann- ~2000pts and slowly converting over my vanilla Eldar army.