News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Exodite/Corsair conversions?  (Read 2374 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Exodite/Corsair conversions?
« on: March 25, 2016, 06:21:30 AM »
Hey Guys,

Has anyone used these dark elf models to creates exodites or corsairs?

Shadowblade
Dreadlord with Great Weapon
Lokhir Fellheart
Black Ark Fleetmaster
Har Ganeth Executioners

or this Wood elves?
Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers

Trying to find pics of what people have done.

Most of what I can find seems to be done with a few parts from the DE Black Ark Corsairs or cold ones.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 06:36:07 AM by magenb »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Exodite/Corsair conversions?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »
Hey bud, have not used the kits you mentioned, but have used the Dark Elf Corsairs and to be honest they are a bit of a pain. The cloak is the best bit but carving out the back half of the torso is a pain. The sheathed swords and knives are nice bits though, but overall you get more bang for your buck just pick up Kabalite Warriors or Dark Eldar Wyches. They've got sheathed knives, pistols etc which better represent things like Venom Blades and Brace of Pistols.

I picked up the Glade Guard spears too, but again they are held at weird angles and need to be attached to a seperate arm which is difficult.

I've found the High Elf Dragon Rider kits offer much more. Torsos, swords, heads, banners etc which are very helpful not to mention the excellent lances. The same can be said for the Cold One Riders which come with some very nice lances, banners and the Cold Ones which are a natural fit for the Exodites.

Honestly the Dark Eldar range is the best for conversions. Wych running legs, guns, knives, alternate heads, alternate legs which all mesh great with the Guardian kit. You can even order big bunches of heads, legs etc for 10 bucks a pop on ebay.

Anyway hope that helps good luck buddy!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 03:52:59 AM »
Cheer Cavalier, wyches are on their way.

Surprised no ones tries to convert the other models, so I'm guessing they must be a right pain to do

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: April 1, 2016, 01:34:37 AM »
Cave is the resident corsair conversion guru for sure. I've watched his thread for a long time and learned a bunch from him myself. I also have a huge dark elf army and have tried to figure out conversions with them to. I have figured out that most of the elf arms look too bulky next to the DE or 40k models which are narrow in comparison as well as the heads. Now adding some 40k bits on to the elf characters like shadow blade and lokir will look great for corsair HQ  will be great. The fantasy version are more static but with some feness will be a great add to your force.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2016, 12:20:21 AM »
Yeah I've been drooling over Cavalier's thread too, lots of nice idea from there.

Sadily Lokhir Fellheart has sold out now, so getting hold of one is a bit tricky down here.

I'm thinking I'll grab Lhamaean from DE and try fitting a corsair pack to her. Swap out her sword for something more CWE, I've got a few CWE ammo/gren belts that might slot in.
Maybe drop the bone in her hair too. Once I get my hands on the model I might try looking at beefing up the shoulder pads.