News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 396 times)

Offline Lil_Rikku

• Newest
  • Hi
Need advice
« on: August 21, 2003, 05:35:05 PM »
Hi i'm new to eo obviousl with the low number of posts :P

i am a veteran ulthwe player thinking of switching to alaitoc or biel-tan what would you recomend for this?

i like a shooty list (have 4 war walkers with starcannons) so you can imagin close combat is not what i lookin am for

any suggestions strategys with one of these craftworlds or wat not to do kind of thing would be appreciated

also i love reapers so try mixing them and war walkers in any tactics
currently looking for a kool full body rikku pic

Offline Midnight Stalker

• The time of Ragnarok is upon us...
Re:Need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 08:09:28 PM »
Heh I am a "Veteran" Beil tan player ( 3 years makes me a vet right?) and a semi vet Aliatoc (only 2 years here)....and my friend constantly owns me with his ulthwe...so i thinkn i can offer a bit..

if you prefer shooty go for the aliatoc, they are a very shooty list with all those rangers.

biel tan can also be shooty what with taking dragons and reapers as troops. but if you arent too into the in ur face HtH type id go for Aialiatoc.

with the rangers i do some thing liek this....
8 squads of guys with sniper rifles (yeah im nuts and i dont expect anyone else to do this) and reapers and walkers as the static fire bases (though walkers do walk around).
but they still need some sort of fast response units, i use 2 storm guardin squads in serpents with 2 flamers and warlock with destructor, serpents have lances. walkers got scatters.
ill toss in vypers as well if points allow, oh and a seer with just guide and runes of witnessing.

the fire base does exactly as it sounds it stayes and fires from cover , or out in open if neccessary, oh and a fire prism in there for soem bigger boom.. and the guardians go and are a reactionary unit they assault only when neccessary and are usually there just for the flamer templates.
so basically make a strong fire bas and have some fast reactionary units available.

Beil tan, well i run a serpent rush with a fire base that is the wlakers reapers prism and 5 rangers... the rest are 3 hth units and draogns runnin up to say hullo. works well for me, good for rolling up one flank and still being able to fire down to the other flank.

... and when my time comes I will embrace death with a smile and a laugh...

NUFFLE SUCKS!!!!
Apprentice Blasphemer
Nuffle Blasphemer's Association

Offline phobius_firehand

Re:Need advice
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 09:06:29 PM »
ulthwe ehh???  Well... I would suggest with your favor of war walkers to go strike force.... That way your war walkers all have BS 4 yah! I think there the same price too... but I dont have the eye of terror codex so I wouldn't know...  But the seer council would definately be good too since it enables you to guide practically anything if you gave both seers guide and the warlocks augment so that you have a greater span of influence it would definately enhance your shootyness

But then again you dont get any falcon varients in ulthwe strike force so that might be no good but you can still use the webway portal for transporting stormers and the like across the board without having to worry about taking casualties...

You said you like DR so you could go Biel tan have 2 reaper squads and they would fill in your troop choices which means you have more points for WW and more DR which means more guns...  So that could also be a nice shooty army

Those are 2 ideas I can think up but I prefer to have more evenly distibuted forces (ie. and even amount of cc as range) so if I get assaulted by that damn demon prince which has 12 attacks at str 7 I can kill it with my court or whateva

Good luck and may you slash.... err.... Shoot the enemies of Asyrian down with your.... guns
Darkness Flame