News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necron PoC and cross-board competition  (Read 2474 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: Necron PoC and cross-board competition
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 07:20:21 AM »
Please re-read that bonus mission

Interrupted... (Bonus Mission for Round 1)
While the Necrons [or Orks] are searching for the Necrodermus generator, an enemy army takes the opportunity to launch a surprise attack! Your force is caught totally off-guard and must hold out long enough to regroup and chase the enemy away!

Your deployment zone is a 12" x 12" square in the center of the table, and you may choose which long board edge counts as your board edge. You must deploy at least 1 HQ and 2 troops choices in your deployment zone. Any other units may be deployed or held in reserves. Your opponent then can deploy his units anywhere within 6-12 inches of any table edge other than your own. The objective is to make it to Turn 5 with at least one Troop unit alive - do this succesfully and you win, any other result is a loss.

So since you only need to actually place 1 HQ and 2 Troops I think that you can fit them into the 12x12 square. Now if your shifty you might squeeze a Mono (or two) into that square as well; but anything that don't fit can just sit in reserves and DS in or come from your table edge.

I know that I can fit all 45 of my figures into 12x12 if I wanted to, I just would really like to gaurantee 1st turn as well; as pie plates would ruin me if the enemy got to go first and had the super shooty style army (you know what I mean).

@ NecronCell2131
     Seriously consider being the Necron organizer, as if you start the thread and get it going (I can pm you most of the stuff you would need to do) then we could work together since I can assist much easier as a mod than you can assist me. Does that make sense ? Anyway, I would like some-one to take the reigns, and I would give them as much help as they need to get it going and keep it running, even if I had to do the PM's for game entries, etc. I just think its good to have 2 guys doing it rather than 1, and as a mod I have a little more leeway to adjust any posts to assist the Lead. Besides that, I ran it last time for the Necron Faction.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
  • Mindshackle Scarabs Abuser
  • Armies: Necrons, Vampire counts
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 08:04:04 PM »
 Sure Moc065 ill give it a shot. pm me with the details.
My Tesseract Labyrinth Collection:
 1xDreadknight
 Enemies Doored by Monolith:
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 11:00:04 PM »
we can get it al ltogether on Monday, OK. Your in charge and I will provide all details and info that I can.

Cheers

SupREME-10
Necrontyr Lord
Necron Cell 100111
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering