News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [More office/racial politics]  (Read 628 times)

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
[More office/racial politics]
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:19:42 AM »
Carrying on from DR_Reapers comments about the post room in reading I have something to add. but before I do, although I cant prove it, that sort of thing does go on. Here where I work there is an ongoing “racism” case that stemmed from 2 muslims not wanting to sit in the same pod of desks as a pair of practicing muslims.

Any way, my girlfriends sister works in a recruitment agency, and as most may know there is a huge amount of polish people coming into our country at the moment after work. The majority of the polish as far as I can see/have heard are really hard working, and I personally don’t have too much of a problem with them taking up the jobs that the lazy useless unemployed English people wont take. My problem is this – while having a chat/gossip about the amount of poles she has been taking on she told me about a young man, in his 20’s who has been working for her for a number of consecutive weeks and paying his national insurance (as he should), but once you have been paying this for a certain amount of time, you can start claiming benefits for family/children. It turns out that he has a wife and 3 young children in Poland that are living fairly well, because as soon as he claims his benefits (for the family in a completely different country) he makes western union payments into his bank account in Poland.

Fair enough he’s paying NI but its not comparable to the amount of other tax payers money that’s going into another countries  system. He’s playing us like a fiddle – THAT’S what grinds my gears!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:48:20 AM by Mr.Peanut »
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: something else just to p*ss reaper off some more (sorry)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »
Then how about writing to local politicians about it instead of posting on the internet?

Because guess what, if you spent the amount of time making this little rant into a coherent letter, you might actually change something.  Maybe not, but it will be infinitely more likely to have an impact.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Brother Asreus

• Brother Captain, Resident Spokesman for Idiots.
  • Ancient
  • Closed captioned for the thinking impaired
Re: [More office/racial politics]
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 10:10:40 AM »
So what's the problem exactly? He works within the system, pays into the system and then makes legal claims against it. When he receives the money he earned and sends it back home to help his family this is wrong? I fail to see what the issue here is.

You're mad because he pays taxes and then takes money he earned and payed for benefits and sends it to his family in Poland? Why is that a bad thing? It's his money...

Cthulhu for Pres in 2012!!! Why vote for the lesser of all evils?

Offline Full Metal Geneticist

• Sir Quotesaplenty | No new bastardy suits.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Defender of the Text Wall
    • FMG's Angry Rantings
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 10:31:41 AM »
Carrying on from DR_Reapers comments about the post room in reading I have something to add. but before I do, although I cant prove it, that sort of thing does go on. Here where I work there is an ongoing “racism” case that stemmed from 2 muslims not wanting to sit in the same pod of desks as a pair of practicing muslims.

Any way, my girlfriends sister works in a recruitment agency, and as most may know there is a huge amount of polish people coming into our country at the moment after work. The majority of the polish as far as I can see/have heard are really hard working, and I personally don’t have too much of a problem with them taking up the jobs that the lazy useless unemployed English people wont take. My problem is this – while having a chat/gossip about the amount of poles she has been taking on she told me about a young man, in his 20’s who has been working for her for a number of consecutive weeks and paying his national insurance (as he should), but once you have been paying this for a certain amount of time, you can start claiming benefits for family/children. It turns out that he has a wife and 3 young children in Poland that are living fairly well, because as soon as he claims his benefits (for the family in a completely different country) he makes western union payments into his bank account in Poland.

Fair enough he’s paying NI but its not comparable to the amount of other tax payers money that’s going into another countries  system. He’s playing us like a fiddle – THAT’S what grinds my gears!!

How is he playing you?

Its like BP selling its products abroad taking their money and bringing it back to the UK. Its his money, its his to do as he sees fit.

It is pernicious nonsense that feeds into a rising wave of irrationality which threatens to overwhelm the hard-won gains of the Enlightenment and the scientific method. We risk as a society slipping back into a state of magical thinking when made-up science passes for rational discourse. I would compare it to witchcraft but honestly that's insulting to witches.

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 06:44:34 AM »
he's taking so much more than he's putting in, in the same way that families with 8 children can earn enough from child benifits to not go to work (this came to light on an episode of wife swap UK, neither parent worked but claimed 25k a year on benifits) he pays minimal tax and takes maximum benifits, and then takes british money and puts it into the polish system. im not saying he's wrong, im saying its a ridiculous system, and this country is going to pot.

and i think we all know that writing to my local MP would do diddly squat. i posted it on this site to bring it to light. people need to know about this to make it stop. where better to inform than the internet?
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)