News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: VK's random projects. Picture heavy.  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
  • Armies: Alaitoc Eldar, Orks
VK's random projects. Picture heavy.
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:46:47 PM »
So now that I have a way to get pictures on the interwebs, I can finally start my projects thread!  At the moment I have to figure out all of the madness for images and what not, but I'm working it.  First things up will be some random Orky madness, Eldar shenanigans, and possible Tyranid craziness.  All I can say is it's on baby!.

This is my first Eldar model ever.  I bought the Warlock bodyguard set and got cracking on Craftworld Ulthwe.  It was also a lesson in painting Bleached Bone over Chaos Black, and why I need to thin my paint a little bit before attempting such madness.  While I still have to complete the basing and some random touch ups to do, it's tabletop ready and set to do some whoopin... I hope.

This is one of the Warlocks I have painted up so far, and only needs the basing done to be complete.  It took about 7 tries to get that rune to look right on his robes.

My Striking Scorpions.  Probably the most annoying meta models I have ever painted, but they are awesome.  It was also my first time doing white for the base coat, which forced me to use a lot of Scorpion Green on them.  I still have to do the bases, but they are almost done.

My only completely painted vehicle, except that I screwed up the canopy by grabbing the wrong glue when I put it on.  Cyanoacralate and clear plastic, not a mix.

Next up I'll show off some random Orkiness.
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
Re: VK's random projects. Picture heavy.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 12:08:24 PM »
As promised, some Orkiness.  After repeated failures with Tau, I wanted an army I could feel good about failing with.  So I went with the angry greenskins.  This has been my winningest army to date.  It seems that nothing can be stopped by the sheer weight of 114 models at 2000pts.  While everything isn't painted (cause I need to stop adding crap to it every chance I get) What is painted is up to be shown.

So I started like some did with the Black Reach Orks.  I only did this because I wanted the PK Warboss.  I spent quite a bit of time on this guy too, and at first was almost frustrated enough to give up and do Space Marines.  Well, I finished him and was so pleased, I continued on with the Orks.  As a way of commorating my victories, I usually add something to a model for a particular feat.  At my Warboss' feet, covered in a light layer of snow is the helmet of a Blood Angels captain who bit off more than he could chew.

These are my non Black Reach Nobz.  The one in the foreground I refer to as the Ork in the Iron Mask.  He's yet to die in any game, so I think he is the Orkiest Ork ever and next in line for Warboss.  My other one with the PK has a Tyrannic War Veteran's head after he got overzealous and wiffed all his attacks.  In keeping with my preference of Fire over Rokkit, I chose the Kombi-Skorcha for giggles.

Here's the rest of the Nobz added to the group.  Thosed checkered shoulder plates were a pain to do btw.

My Deff Dread... I based this thing silver, did a few other colors and went to town with the washes on it.  I used a whole thing of Devlan Mud on it.

Yet another sad fate for those pesky Ultramarines.  I added that when it ripped apart a Land Raider Terminus Ultra.  On ther other side of that plate is part of the Blood Angels markings for trashing a Baal Predator.

The shoulder panel was yellow for the Imperial Fists, but after all the washes, it just looks like more junk.

Random Deffkopta.  I didn't keep the spiral on the missile perfect cause they're Orks, and I doubt they'd care.

These were my premier Tau Battlesuit unit before they became Killa Kans.  Most of the parts came from my Deff Dred, Nobz, and Battlewagon kits.  Plus whatever random crap was in my bitz box at the time.

Grotzookas rule and this Kannon makes a great one.

Rokkits are fun with Kans, cause you may just hit something.

My Big Shoota Kan, the only one I have finished painting.

While I know that nobody really likes the Battlewagon kit from GW, I don't have the cash to get a FW battlefortress.  So I ponied up on this bad boy and went to town.  It is actually a twin of a good friend of mines Battlewagon that I left Immobilized, and with no weapons on it during a game of Ork on Ork violence.  When I got my Wagon a week later he let me borrow it and copy how he painted his, but then I added more fixinz and gubbinz to mine.  I also added the trophy racks from a Chaos Rhino.  I put some fresh looking blue paint on it, as my Orks emulate the Deffskullz in being sticky-fingered.

The other side of the Battlewagon.

A close up of the Deffrolla to show off the wet blending I did with Blood Red, Mechrite Red, and Terracotta.  It took the better part of 2 hours to do just the Deffrolla.

Okay, before you wonder what this is, it's my Big Mek.  I wanted an all around Big Mek, without having to go crazy on metal models.  This is a complete scratch build that started with an XV25 Stealthsuit, Green Stuff, and lots of bits.  His back pack (which can double as a KFF) is made out of 2 Tau Pulse Carbines rigged into a drone.  His shoulders and upper body I made out of some Nob shoulder plates and Chaos Terminator Lord Chainfists.  One of the feet wouldn't sit right so I cut it off and replaced it with a Crisis Suit foot instead.

More details of my Big Mek

The other side to show some of the Tau stuff I used in making him.

The top view to show some of the random stuff I have thrown on, for giggles.

I know you probably saw this in the background of my Big Mek and wondered what madness it was, well it's a Shokk Attack Gun.  I didn't like the look of the GW one so I made my own.  It started life as a Hammerhead Ion Cannon, and I took off from there.  On top is the Snot-Hopper, which feeds the little buggers down into the firing chamber.  On the front is a Chaos Terminator Sorcerer head and an inverted Tau Drone, and the antenna are used as the collectors to feed through the helmet, where it fires.  Again it was a lot of time and green stuff to make this thing, and it really hasn't failed me yet.

A forward view of the SAG, showing off the shoulder pads and helmet of dead Space Marines and a Khorne Berzerker.

My old Sky Ray, now a work in progress Looted Wagon.  To quote Mal Reynolds of Firefly, I'm gonna need paint, lots of red paint.

A better view of the madness.

So that's all my random mad Orkiness for now.  I'll be back later after I get some work done on my Wraithlord and Falcon for my Eldar.  Plus some of my Tyranids are forthcoming as well.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:36:15 PM by Farseer Vanity Killer »
Besides, the FW DCCW is too damn awesome not to put it on a ven dread... Holy Moly! You know something? that's not even a proper DA ven dread; its a generic ven dread with a RW icon plastered on one side after half the icon's wing has been cut away, pathetic! :P

Offline Sweord

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 01:56:45 PM »
Ha, first comment.  ;D I'm glad I can actually see how much you've done with your Orks.

Now I need to start working on some stuff myself, been busy and all that junk. I really like your SAG, but is there going to be a mek to shoot it?
Also, I have to say that my favorite model of yours has to be the battlewagon.  :D Especially the randomness of the blue.

Anyways, keep up the good work.  ;)

~Sweord

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
Thanks.  It's been kinda rough gettin the greenskins done as it seems I always have something else to paint.  I've got some Nids right now, but after playing a few games I feel rather underwhelmed by them.  I also just finished painting Commander Farsight and should have pictures up tomorrow.

As for the SAG, my Big Mek that I built carries it on occasion, when I'm not saddling him down to do KFF duties.  I have a miracle scatter die that only rolls hits with him so he can be an instant win button.  We had a tournament where the objective was to kill the enemy general, I was done first turn when I rolled double sixes.  It was glorious and hilarious at the same moment.  Cheers, and get crackin on your greenskins.

VK

Offline The Ecclesiarch

• Be Pure, Be Vigiliant, Obey!
  • Armies: Forces of the Imperium, Da Boyz, CHAOS.
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 10:18:31 AM »
Holy Crap :o wow.
Some brillant conversion work and ideas here Vanity K,
turning tau crisis suits into Killa Kanz is bloody genius :D
Im so going to have to do that :)
Thankyou for starting this and showing off your work,
the paintjobs iz great >:( now im gonna hav ta get ma boyz and nik all yer shinny gear ;D
+++ Ecclesiastical Proverbs +++
Blasphemy cries out for purgation from the faithful.
Blessed are the war makers.
By Bolter and Flamer we purify the faithless.
Hate sanctifies faith.
Anger and Hatred are mankind's highest virtues.
Let he who would be without sin cast the first grenade.
To be bigoted is human, to be unrepentant of thy bigotry is divine.
Tolerance is ignorance.
+++ Scribe Jack Hanson, Terra +++

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
Thanks Ecclesiarch.  I'm actually almost done with the Looted Wagon.  I still have a few bits to make red, and then I have to do the washes and paint on the Orky runes and such.  I'm almost completely out of Blood Red, so we'll see if I can get it done.

As an update, I will be adding 2 more Wave Serpents today, to go with a box of Warp Spiders I added yesterday, as well as another Farseer.
On the randomness side of the house, I have 2 Lightning Claw Terminators being painted in Raven Guard Colors.
As well as the possibility that sometime in the next month I am going to be building a Mek Shop.
For now I leave you with images of O'Shovah.

and the work in progress that is my Wraithlord

Offline those

• Yes... Come forth to bear the word of Chaos..!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 11:58:36 AM »
Love the 'wounded' Marine... Gruesome..!

How did you do the guts and intestines..?

Offline Farseer Arendil

• Ork Boy
  • For the Craftworld
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 12:01:23 PM »
Greenstuff.  It took a few tries, but I got it right.