News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 36950 times)

Offline mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1

• To kill, or not to kill, that is the question...
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #320 on: April 21, 2009, 07:37:46 PM »
Ok, so the idea is to make a path. Can someone figure out said coordinates for a line across (I'm busy ATM)?
-"Damn Those Laser Cats..."

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #321 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:49 PM »
Um...
We already did...

Check the last page...

-B
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
« Reply #322 on: April 22, 2009, 04:30:36 AM »
Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engeneering: Stage 5; Article 3.2
"The Subaquatic Regulator moves the glass daias' around the pool via sub-floor tracks, one at a time, the more the platforms move from the default position the longer it will take the mechanisim. The Operator may notice intense bubbling and humming coming from the pool while the mechanisim is prossesing the inputed platform locations."

Quote from:  Facility Matainence and Basic Engeneering: Stage 2; Article 4.7
"A certified counterweight must be kept in the locked storage niche to ensure proper operation of the facilities functions. The counterweight must be certifiably sustainable for the glass floor/platforms of Stage 3 & 5 and be marked as such. Note: Use of counterweight is strictly limited to Stage 3 functions. Improper use of equipment is in violation of contract and Terms of Use.

Before leaving Stage5 you glace at the panel near the door

You shrug and step into the next room.
STAGE 7

It is a long wide rectangular room, much of the walls look to be welded and bolted metal

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline the_nash

« Reply #323 on: April 22, 2009, 04:53:28 AM »
Hmmm. I'm going to say the danger here is electricity

are the soles of our shoes rubber? or otherwise made of a material that does not conduct electricity?

I could be going in the wrong direction with this though
Only In Death Does Duty End

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

• Anti-Power Fist Activist.
« Reply #324 on: April 22, 2009, 04:58:46 AM »
Inspect the stage v11 door, the sign, all the walls and the white strips on the floor.

~ Lord Tyrannicus
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #325 on: April 22, 2009, 10:51:44 AM »
And lastly, is there anything on the rear wall, or is it another sheet of grey metal?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #326 on: April 22, 2009, 02:56:13 PM »
Your shoes have (thin) rubber soles, but will not however proect you from electricity.

The Stage VII door is metal and looks like any of the other doors. The sign is a sign. The white-ish strips and dots are welding marks and bolts of no importance.

The door you came through is open

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1

• To kill, or not to kill, that is the question...
« Reply #327 on: April 22, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »
Um...
We already did...

Check the last page...

-B

Um, Ya. My bad (reply was sitting in the post reply stage, left, came back several hours later, hit reply).

Also, rubber soles would offer no protection to electricity that is presumably strong enough to fry us really quickly!

I investigate the power levels bar thingy
-"Damn Those Laser Cats..."

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #328 on: April 22, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »

Can you spot the meme? Its only there for teh lulz...

EDIT: The picture has been changed for your benifit
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:36:08 PM by Grimfang »

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #329 on: April 22, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »
"Don't let it get OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!"

Are those buttons/what intaractability is there?

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »
So there are 3 doors? Stage VI, Stage VII, and the power levels door?

...Whats behind door number 2? Or is that just a button against the wall?

Also, is there any sign that the electricity we're all instantly assuming is running through the floor right now is actually doing so? Is there a smell of ozone, a humming from the floor, or any electrostatic stuff (hair standing up, older type  teeth filings humming)? Seeing as how all those bars are at the bottom, it might be off.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 05:39:08 PM by ShasO Kodel »

Offline SeriousCallersOnly

• Brother Sergeant
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • This is not a Space Marine
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Tyranids
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
Do the white parts of the floor seem to be made of metal like the grey bits? If it is clearly made of plastic or some other insulator, I walk over to the stage VI door and have a lock.

As you have just completed stage 5, and this room is stage 7, I think we need to go through the VI door first.

And to confirm, the power levels thing is on the wall by the door we came through?

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »
This is seeming more like stage 5.5, at stage VII is through the door across the grey floor

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #333 on: April 22, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »
The picture in this post has been changed for your benifit

There is one LED display (black bar with colored level marks)
and 1 big red button.

3 doors. 1) entance 2) door across the room by sign (assumed exit) 3) Door marked "Stage VI"

There is nothing to imply that High Voltage maybe running through the room. (except the sign)

The white floor is plastic of some sort (non-conductive).
The Door marked Stage VI is made of metal and is locked.
The Power Levels panel is by the door you entered.

Warning:More people are going to loose these next few stages, unless they can figure out what not to do. insert maniacal laugh here  :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:18:44 PM by Grimfang »

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

• Anti-Power Fist Activist.
« Reply #334 on: April 22, 2009, 08:02:59 PM »
I'm going to press the BIG RED BUTTON!

~ Lord Tyrannicus
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #335 on: April 22, 2009, 08:03:55 PM »
Well, I'll take the risk and tap the grey floor with two fingers. If I do not get shocked, I'll walk across and try the door marked Stage VII. If I do, I'll ignore the Evil Overlords rule and push the big red button to see what happens. Hopefully I won't get a spray of bullets :)

Update: Or I'll just try the floor and let Tyrannicus take the spray of bullets :D (missed death by 57 seconds there)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 08:05:44 PM by ShasO Kodel »

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2009, 09:39:09 PM »
What material is the "entrance" door made out of? Looking at the door (both sides and the edge) does it appear to have a lock mechanism? From the picture it appears that its knob is a different colour than the other doors (grey not red). Does it look like there is some way that the knob would change colours (for example if it is locked it is red, if it is unlocked it is grey)? I'll also carefully look at the inside of the door frame (without touching it!). The gas chamber required the door to be closed; I suspect the same might be the case here... which means I'd like very much to leave it open for now.

~~~~~~~~~

I think I'll see what the others do before I do anything more than my door observations, though. (Call me a coward, but at least I stand a better chance of surviving! Your sacrifices are appreciated!)

As a side note, why oh why did we have to get our shoes wet?! :P

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #337 on: April 23, 2009, 12:05:31 AM »
-Presses B.R.B. ....... nothing
- Reaches down to touch floor.............. ..................N othing, the metal floor is cold.(and you best not Ignore the "Evil Overlords rules" as you'll end up with a moderator giving you a lecture on netiquette. :P (Skully Chaos has been kind enough to follow the rule)

-The Door across the room (by the sign) is locked.

- The "entrance door" is made of metal, the handle color is of no importance here as it is only colored differently than the other doors to help distinguish which is which.
the Door is made of metal and the door frame contains a heavy locking mechanism.

Where did you get "Spray of Bullets" from?
and enjoy your squishy shoed doom!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:06:40 AM by Grimfang »

Offline SkullyChaos

• Hook Em' Horns!
« Reply #338 on: April 23, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »
(Skully Chaos has been kind enough to follow the rule)

Even when I had figured out how to walk on water days and days ago... being incorporeal sucks!!

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #339 on: April 23, 2009, 12:30:03 AM »
Hmmm. Well, at least we know we're not in immediate danger.

Is the electrical sign on the far wall movable? Also, are the plastic slabs flush with the floor, or are they more like mats? It almost looks like you have a short mat and a long one. Applying my powers of divination, I'm guessing that the door for VII requires the floor to be energized, and well need to make sure those are in place so we don't get fried :)

...One last thing. Poke my head back through the entrance door to Stage V. The sign that talks about the device not being used at this time, is that mounted below another control panel, or is the sign all there is?

Evil Overlords Rule #85: No important functions shall be linked to large, red buttons. In addition, my command center shall contain one large red button that reads "Do Not Push," and will unleash a spray of bullets on any stupid enough to ignore the warning :)