News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex Harlequins army  (Read 6305 times)

Offline benmannen

• SPAMMER: I think my posts are important!
    • Benmannens Dark Eldar
Codex Harlequins army
« on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
Hello 40k Onliners. Just wanted to share some pictures of my latest project. It's still WIP but I have almost painted up a 2250p force. It started with me wanting to expand my Dark Eldar army with a unit I had never fielded before: Harlequins, as they are an Elite choice and quite pricey I decided to get a bunch of them  :) It sucked. They end up costing around 300p for a unit of 10 if you tool them to the max. I scaled it down to an almost barebone unit of five for around 100p and that made them awesome point for point.

I got my hands on some old Harlequin Jetbikes and stuck new plastic Reaver riders on them, and my force started to look a bit themed  :)

But it ended there, I had an idea of painting up some raiders checkered and making a Talos of the old harlequin Wraithlord... And then all of a sudden I read about the inofficial fan-created Harlequin list. The one that is discussed and created here in this very forum.

You can find the PDF linked in the first post:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=54897.0

Anyway, I read it and loved it. It didn't seem overpowered, had lots of conversion opportunities and I had basically half the army already done! Forgeworld had just released the very cool little Eldar skimmer called Hornet, I ordered one of those, The codex is based on Gavs old Citadel Journal list and so it kept Venoms as transports, which was a simple purchase, straight from the GW DE range  :)

I got my hands on the type of Eldar Harlequin Wraithlord I mentioned above on Ebay, didn't really like how it came out so I got me the current style and stuck a Jetbike front on it's shoulders... So now I have two for bigger games  :)

The Solitaire is a must piece, so I used parts mostly from DE Scourges and made a simple conversion using some parts from the Wyche sprue.

The paintjob is quite simple. Black and white themed, with some details of red and blue. Mimes have rainbow haircolors, Harlequins have random single colored head pieces.

I'm adding some more Mimes and Death Jesters, am working on them at the moment.

Here's an overview of the force. It's about 30 Harlequins supported by all kinds of goodies  :)

That's the Mockingbird in the foreground:

The Solitaire:

Great Harlequin:

Two Shadowseers:

Master Mime:

Mimes:

Harlequins (with Warlock in the foreground):

Death Jesters with Shrieker Cannons:

Mocking Bird:

Venoms:

Harlequin Jetbikes:

Harlequin Spiritwalkers:

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Codex Harlequins army
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 04:27:07 PM »
This looks awesome  :o  I love all the conversions especially the newer spiritwalker and the solitair, the witch kit is great for making many things.

Have you used the army list as yet? If so how did you find it?

Offline benmannen

• SPAMMER: I think my posts are important!
    • Benmannens Dark Eldar
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
Thanks  :)

Yeah, well I've only played 3 games so far, got slaughtered in 2 games and won the last one... But had a lot of fun in all 3 games. I like the list a lot. The army ends up being tiny but quite tough. Stay away from Jetbikes and you will have points for what wins games: Harlequins.

I had to dump the Master Mime. He just doesn't add anything, I tried Death Jesters in my last game and let them mount up in a Venom and they did great.

I can really recommend it if you want to play a unique army (that you can neeeeever eeeeever bring to a tournament)  :)

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:52:19 AM »
I can really recommend it if you want to play a unique army (that you can neeeeever eeeeever bring to a tournament)  :)

the sites tournament allows you to use that list (usually run in bracknell in england)
oink is a nancy!