News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign  (Read 14607 times)

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
  • If all else fails, roll more dice!
Re: The Challenge of 10 Souls, "Gloria Flax" Campaign
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:26 PM »
Nice start with the falcon.

You can make white areas look better by not actually painting them white.  Paint them grey, then highlight with grey/white mixes.  You can also get a very small black pen and run it down those cracks in the falcon armor to pick them out.  Or just use a wash, but I've had bad experiences with black washes on white areas.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:33:56 AM by Deathpepper »

Batreps        Ork Models      Painting Blog

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »
I've already started on my next batch of models I modeled some terminators not very death guard but they have there purposes so I made some

this is just a few will try to have completed with the modeling by the end of the month and then next month start putting paint on.  Will update when I get more completed but out of greenstuff at the moment.

Offline Powerslave

• "It's all part of the plan."
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
Some of you know that I have been away from the forums for a few weeks. Unfortunately, life gave me a surprise right after my birthday as my relationship with a lady that I loved broke down. So I burried myself up in work the last few weeks to get my mind of the negative thoughts (had to anyways, with the crisis and studies, there are a lot of problems with running my own entreprise). Right now, I think I am more or less back to normal. I have managed to complete 4 Raptors Space Marines and a bunch of Berzerkers. I will try to post some pictures before the month finishes. Next month, I will make up for what I did not complete.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:45:46 PM by Powerslave, aka Vishnah »
http://timeofending.blogspot.com/ - my blog
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Qui-Gon Jinn

• Jedi Master of the Editorial Order, TechMarine
  • May the Force be with you!
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 06:35:01 PM »
I have failed at my work this month. Stress in family and friend matters has kept me from working to my fullest. I will do my best to try and get involved next month. Sorry.

Chaos Daemon Army
The Army in all its glory!
The Battle Reports of the Army

W/L/D
55/11/7

Chaos Poster of 2009!
Bow before me! :P

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2009, 07:38:18 PM »
Money troubles and a lack of greenstuff (WHY did I promise to sculpt my Avatar BY HAND?!) means I've only got the Berzerk Scorpion Exarch done.

And bad news about the girl Vish. Hope you'll be okay.

Offline Ishan

• Imperial Guard - Once you have it, you love it
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:49 PM »
wow i'm relieved to hear that i'm not the only one who been having trouble to meet the dead line. Well I got one more day to finish stuff up so I promise you guys right now that you'll see 200pts of my rebel guard army tomorrow, though they won't be painted they will be fully put together. 

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 08:14:39 AM »
Wow, lots of us had trouble :D . I probably wont be able to finishmy falcon, because of surgery and other issues.
Killing Necrons, Chaos and Daemons since December 2007
w/l/t
Orks: 2500 pts 4/8/1
Space Wolves: 2000 pts -/2/-
Salamanders: 2000 pts -/1/-
Dang I suck...

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 05:20:45 PM »
Waaagh Gonzaa March Update 1:
A little early, but here are some home-made meganobs:

And of course they needed their own ride:

And here's a mob of 29 grots + 2 herders:

Offline Powerslave

• "It's all part of the plan."
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »
Those Mega Nobz look amazing! Great work!

I have a lot of work to do myself :) Pics incoming soon.
http://timeofending.blogspot.com/ - my blog
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Ishan

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 06:27:16 PM »
FYI i'm currently visiting the parents today so I won't have the pics of my 200+ points army completed till later tonight but you will have them before the end of today.

Offline DarthChaos

• Armies: CSM, Daemons, GK, Sisters, Necrons, Eldar, SM, IG
« Reply #50 on: March 1, 2009, 04:17:12 AM »
Wow those Orks look awesome.  You are really making it appealing to make an ork army!

I have been painting my  3 EC squads and have them well on their way.  I took a few pictures with my iPhone and will update with some pictures from my buddies digital that he is going to email me. 

I did some red basing then I did a white drybrush over them I then took a lighter version of the purple and attempted to highlight some I dont know how I did on that part but I like how the pink is coming out.  I still have some work to do on these so they might be a 2 month project.

"A man's greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them, to take their horses between his knees and to press in his arms the most desirable of their women."

-- Ghengis Khan (c. 1200)

Offline cyresh

« Reply #51 on: March 1, 2009, 06:08:55 AM »
Just got some finishing up here:) pics will be in tommorow i think
Sanity is for the weak

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #52 on: March 3, 2009, 03:04:47 PM »
Photobucket sucks right now.  It only uploaded the picture showing the back of the falcon :( . I am still trying with other pictures but it stop.  Is there a limit of pictures that you can have?

Anyways heres is my falcon (not fully finished.)
w/l/t
Dang I suck...

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #53 on: March 3, 2009, 08:21:00 PM »
Is there a limit of pictures that you can have?
If there is, it's stupid high.  I've got a bajillion pics in my account.

Offline Joinee Davy

« Reply #54 on: March 4, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »
wow, all the armies are looking great!

Anyway, have pretty much got together the Knight Errant now, changed one of the knights batle cannons for a melta cannon to give my army a bit more anti-tank ranged weaponry and it's more or less finished now! Will get a pic up later, i'm too lazy right now. :)

Also been working on my leader, the Knight Baron. I need to work on the chainfist and armour plates but hopefully i can get him done by the end of the week, or at least mid-next.
I exchanged his double-barrelled battlecannon for a megabolter, i think that will go better with the assault cannons and give me more variety with the list. much better at taking out light-medium infantry and vehicles!
He's looking pretty good now, just added a banner thing to him between his legs and hopefully he'll be getting undercoated sometime soon!

You look lovely today, by the way.

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #55 on: March 5, 2009, 06:34:51 PM »
Is there a limit of pictures that you can have?
If there is, it's stupid high.  I've got a bajillion pics in my account.
Then its my internets fault.  It gets 100% uploaded for the pic but it doesn't actually upload.
w/l/t
Dang I suck...

Offline Ishan

« Reply #56 on: March 5, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »
Hey guys sorry I haven't been able to post my pics of what I got done last month till now. My post of pics was halted by the fact that my wife got sick and my camera batteries were dead and I could find the charger  :-[

But now that she is finally feeling better and I located my charger yesterday without any more delays here they are.

Remnants of Platoon 1 Squad Alpha:

First Leman Russ for my rebel force:

Though my first squad is not a full 10 man unit yet I just  got done with another two guardsmen leaving me will only one more to do before its a complete squad and speaking of complete this is one thing I have always hated about Russes when you put there tracks together:

You get that little gap in the end that I can never seem how to close now matter what I do... Oh well what can you do  :-\

That's my report for last month, more will be coming soon also no sneak peaks on this report maybe on the next  ;)

Offline Joinee Davy

« Reply #57 on: March 8, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
Well one of the things i decided to do for part of this months tasks is an objective marker for the army since i had a lot of spare parts that didnt quite add up to a full knight.
Anyway, here's a few pics of the marker as it is now:

Will try to get this painted soon! The army is comming together very well now!
You look lovely today, by the way.

Offline Deathpepper

• Big Mek
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
Waaagh Gonzaa March Final Update

The convoy ground to a halt, at least the third time today.  Sighing, Dagrun retrieved his pipe and a pouch of shredded maang leaves from his overalls.  Casually inhaling from the device, the worker glanced around at the canopy surrounding their shipping convoy.  The enourmous leaves of the plants were a deep green and swayed gently in the light wind.  Dagrun normally found their movements reassuring.  A bit of movement among the leaves made him look twice, though.  After staring hard into the brush for a few moments, he shrugged.  "Prolly carrion beetles or somuch."

Further up the column, smoke was visible.  The line of supply vehicles was so long that only the first dozen drivers had actually seen the crude stake-filled pit that blocked the convoy's path.  A greywatch patrol had been notified, but there was no sign of them yet.  Bored truck drivers were gathered in small groups, swapping theories on who was behind the prank.  They barely even noticed as the first wave of crude explosives flew towards them in slow arcs from the surrounding jungle.  Explosions killed dozens of the working men who hadn't even looked away from their conversations.  The remainder watched, horrified as squat figures crept out of the tree-line.  The greenskins had baubed themselves in suspiciously red warpaint.  They hooted battlecries, then began a long scream of "WAAAGH!!!" as they sped up to a run, crashing into the convoy in massive numbers.  Every 5th vehicle was required by law to be equipped with defensive turrets, but their gunners were already dead on the ground. 

Gonzaa strode amongst the chaotic looting, young orcs leaping onto the intact transports and hacking new trophies from the fallen.  The snakebites had joined his waaagh once they saw how many boyz were following him.  The mek felt good, stronger and more orky today.  He retrieved an odd ceramic object a worker had been clutching as he died.  Surprisingly, it hadn't cracked in the mek's brutish hands.  Some sort of pipe?  He threw it at the grot behind him.  "Put dat in me bitz box."  The big mek planned to orkify all these vehicles for his growing army.  And of course, you never knew what gubbinz might be perfect on a new project.  Gonzaa pursed his lips, daydreaming.  "Maybe a nice big burny bit on da front of me new wagon."

The snakebite mob is finished, I took yet more AoBR boys and did a number of conversions to them.  Arms and waists were moved into more dynamic poses, greenstuffed furs were added, some weapons altered to look more primitive.  I also gave the nob an attack squig from the grots box (to represent a big choppa or power klaw), and made a aboriginal style war mask for him.  The snakebite totem and back pole are from the new nobs box.  Bases are urban, supposed to look like rubble-strewn highway to match the rest of the army.  All the boys have been painted with war paint and red and white dags all over the place.  Hopefully, they look snake-bitey enough:

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:57:32 PM by Deathpepper »

Offline phxren

• Ork Boy
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2009, 08:12:38 PM »
I love the Tiki Mask.  The whole squad looks great.

I need to get painting again..
w/l/t
Dang I suck...