News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: AT-43 Brigand Heavy Tank Conversion  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
AT-43 Brigand Heavy Tank Conversion
« on: September 1, 2008, 04:12:45 AM »
In Dan Abenett 40k fluff, the AT-83 Brigand is one of many tank designs unique to the Urdeshi forgeworld in the Sabbat system. The Bloodpact are said to have many of these in service of their armies. Its briefly described as a heavy tank armed with a large artillery gun and sometimes sponsons carrying varying weapons. I bet it was used like a field support gun or anti-tank unit. I imagine it to look like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdtiger

I have built my own variant of the AT-83 in the VDR template. A "Decimator Pattern" Brigand heavy tank. It is armed with a Volcano cannon, two heavy bolter sponsons and a pintle mounted heavy stubber. Since is a "heavy tank" like a Malcador I suppose and is not as big as a Baneblade I give it 2 structure points.

Here is a WIP picture of the tank with some Bloodpact:

And the finished tank:

And here is a picture of the Brigand working in its natural habitat!  ;D

Perfect for reducing enemy troops, armor and fortifications into bubbling slag!  ;)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 02:42:52 PM by Meatshield »
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: AT-43 Brigand Heavy Tank Conversion (will be Pic Heavy)
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2008, 04:57:50 AM »
Hm... I always assumed that the Brigand was a [slightly inferior] Leman Russ substitute. They certainly acted like it during the amour battle in Honour Guard outside the town I forget the name of.

Still, I cannot argue with the fact that this is a lovely conversion.

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »
Very nice conversion.  Would be a very cool addition to your army on urban battlefields.  One question, which GG book are these refrenced in? 

Hm... I always assumed that the Brigand was a [slightly inferior] Leman Russ substitute. They certainly acted like it during the amour battle in Honour Guard outside the town I forget the name of.

The town you are thinking of is Bhavnager.  Also, the slightly inferior russ varient you are thinking of is the Urdeshi Type AT70's Reaver. 

Offline The annihilator of worlds

• So that's why they call em ronsons.
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2008, 01:14:48 PM »
is that a converted Jagenpanzer (sp)? Anyway that's awesome makes me think about posting pics of my scratchbuilt thunderhawk.

Only in the imperial guard!

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2008, 05:05:37 PM »
The town you are thinking of is Bhavnager.  Also, the slightly inferior russ varient you are thinking of is the Urdeshi Type AT70's Reaver.

So it is, thanks Sub.

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2008, 11:25:06 PM »
Excellent, I had the right tank. If anyone knows any other Urdeshi pattern vehicles and their description please post them as I would like to convert more of them.

Barrel shot:

The tank with the plow removed:

Some Cargo Details:

Oh Tasty Sub, I don't know what book these come from but this article origonaly from the black library briefly confirms their existence:
http://www.redelf.h1.ru/w40k/im/im_bloodpact.html

Any way I got my ideas for this tank from this page.
http://s11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/ar/t6989.htm

Some people think a Brigand should look like a T-70 but I think the Jagdtiger fits in better with all the other blocky Imperial tanks.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2008, 11:33:40 PM by Meatshield »
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Inquisitor Subs

« Reply #6 on: September 1, 2008, 11:51:38 PM »
Well there is what I said before, the Urdeshi Type AT70's Reaver.  It is described as what was said before, a slightly inferior version of the leman russ.  It looks basically the same, except with a slightly shorter barrel that produces large star shaped blasts when it is fired.  There is also less fancy tech equipment for it says in the book that the must be aimed by eye alone.  They also use more gas than the standard russ.

There are also Usurpers which are described as boxy little tanks that carry howitzers.  Its basically what you have built here but smaller. 

There are also SteG 4's which are described as large ATVs which speed and bounce along on 3 or 4 (I can't remember) tiers.  They have small 40mm cannons but they are tungsten cored rounds which pose a threat. 

Finally there are N70 Half tracks carrying 70mm cannons.  There is little description given so I'm assuming they look just like normal halftracks.

Offline Heretek

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2008, 05:10:50 AM »
There are also SteG 4's which are described as large ATVs which speed and bounce along on 3 or 4 (I can't remember) tiers.  They have small 40mm cannons but they are tungsten cored rounds which pose a threat. 

I think it's six wheels on the SteGs, and a pair of 40mm cannons.