News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: International Campaign Interest  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Scyrex Deledras

Re: International Campaign Interest
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2015, 12:34:08 PM »
I'm definitely interested in this campaign as well. Granted, I've been out of the loop ever since 7th hit, but I'm aways looking to get more games in.

Offline Eadartri

• Jesus Christ is the Resurrection and the Life
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2015, 08:43:32 PM »
Glad to hear it. I want the campaign to be playable by any player with any army. Even if two factions do not face each other directly, they will indirectly compete.

I thought it best to allow any scenario. Custom scenarios submitted by participants would be interesting. Certainly there are websites with custom scenarios as well. As long as a scenario is balanced and the players agree, I think scenarios could be played without restriction.

I'm glad for your insight on not rushing the launch. Everything should be in place prior. Photos would really add a lot of interest and of course this would be an option of the one submitting a result.

A poster is a cool idea and very possible. The artwork could be the same or similar to the certificate/diploma.

I've been giving more thought to the value of battles and had a couple of thoughts on it. First, a larger battle having more value is one thing. Perhaps every 500, 1000 or 1500 points the value increases by one. I kind of like 0-999 being a value of 1, 1000-1999 being 2, etc. (1 for every thousand points). The other consideration is having a higher value for games which conclude with a crushing victory, say, an extra point or double points. These things combined, a 1000 point game with a crushing victory would be worth 4 points (2 points for 1000-1999 army size and double for the crushing victory). Still this is just 4 of 100 so it should work. Thoughts on battle value?

Just a quick note on format (the website). I'm thinking the list of factions ranked would go like this:

Rank, Faction Name, Score, Wins-Losses-Draws
1 Ultramarines S 100 W 1 L 0 D 0

And latest results/results as:

Date, Factions, Victory Difference, Winner Victory Points, Loser Victory Points, Notes
3/31 Ultramarines over Adeptus Mechanicus D 5 W 10 L 5 Crushing Victory (Photo)

Not a big deal but the website doesn't do tabs (columns). Anyway, I'll keep working with it to present it the best as possible.
Under Construction:

SFCampaign.wordpres s.com

Eldar Unite! War Calls! Descend upon Medusa V!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
Well then what i sugest is: you have the left part where you can have several topic and the top part where you can do the same.

I suggest having in the left part various groupments of post: you create 1 for the current overall standing with the rules of the campaign. 2 you create one for the week running where you will post every battle report and  result you recieve by mail (with the photo if there is). The first post of this section being the standings of the week running alone. 3 you have one section for each previous week, standing battle report etc.

You start the campaign week on monday or thuesday. Like this you can post the result of the week-end.

In the top menu you can have the custom scenario created by the player if they accept for you to post them, and you can have the photo in an album aswell. I think that would be nice.

That's how i see things right now what do you think. Can do a photo montage if you want ^^
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Eadartri

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 06:21:01 PM »
Just wanted to update you. I have been working with the formatting of the website and while still having some difficulty, it shouldn't be a problem. It is really a presentation issue, not technical. Also, there was a technical issue which has been solved, it just took some time.

I will be working in some of the things you mention. I like the various link ideas as I want people to enjoy using the website and have decent navigation.

I think I have the website address in my signature but if not, it is: sfcampaign.wordpres s.com

Thanks all
Under Construction:

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2015, 02:21:55 PM »
I like the way the website is right now. i would just suggest some modification. when you show the score of each and every game/faction/whatever, you should try to had some underscore or slash or minus just so it's easier to undestand what is what. I think the difference in point should be written after the winning team and losing team point or in the description of the game.  I would also suggest a change in the date prĂ©sentation so you can understand what it is at first glance.
therefore, " 3/29 Iyanden over Saim Hann 5 10 5 Crushing Victory "   would become :

[2015-03-29] Iyanden victory over Saim Hann By 5 points -  10 / 5 - Crushing Victory

that's just an idea tell me what you think for the general score i would do like this.

[1] Adeptus Mechanicus - Score 110 - 10   Wins- 0 Losses - 1 Draws 

there you go :D
I'm really enjoying helping you out on this ^^  so I'm looking forward to be playing this.

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Eadartri

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 09:19:29 PM »
I wanted to update and thank those who expressed interest in the project I started. I am suspending the project until further notice. The reason for this has to do with use of intellectual property. Regardless of the fact that my project is non-commercial I will be seeking permission to use certain terms. Once I obtain it I will go forward with the project.
Under Construction:

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 01:35:27 AM »
Better be safe I agree, i sjmhall wait^^