News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2.5k Iron Warriors (so much for last list...)  (Read 324 times)

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
2.5k Iron Warriors (so much for last list...)
« on: July 8, 2006, 07:17:27 AM »
well sorry for this but i have another list. Seems to be i add an extra 500pts each day, wodner where i'll be next week...

HQ:
lord
p.weapon
bike
mutation
visage
armour
rune
essence
frags
practically impossible to kill(t5, 4 wounds, ignore instantkill, 2++ while turbo boosting, 2+/5++ when not) and would be modeled as intimidating as possible to draw fire

Elites:
3x2 Obliterators
These are the handy men of the list, primarily for anti tank but very versatile.

Troops:
2x6 Marines
pistols+ccw's
Las-cannon
infiltrate
tank hunters
probably not deployed forward, infiltrate just used to deliver a s10 shot to side armour  ;D

4x10 Marines
2xPlasma
AC with P.Fist+visage
rhino with armour+smoke
can you say driveby? either fly around in rhinos firing plasma, waiting to be challenged or rush forward, disembark and unleash rapid fire hell.

Heavy Support:
4xDread
DCCW
tl Heavy Bolter
Mutated Hull
D.Possesion
These guys are on anti horde+counter assault duty, 12 heavy bolter shots and 4 combi bolter shots without fire frenzy (which devestates nids)

What do you think (other than that i should get a life?)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline chugalug

Re: 2.5k Iron Warriors (so much for last list...)
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2006, 10:29:50 AM »
list looks solid but that a lot of dreads and in my experence they get shot at preety quick also your arlillery specalist why not use at least one ordnance

unless this an iron warrior counter attack force which then having mobile dreads does make sense

lots points spent on the lord too

but it looks solid

Offline lord_guru32

« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2006, 01:52:59 PM »
i didnt use ordnance because every IW army uses it and i wanted to be a bit different. Also the dreads can hide behind rhinos if needed.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Offline lncubi

« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2006, 06:00:19 PM »
If you want your dreads to live longer use a demolisher and mutate it for av14 and a str 10 ap 2 ordance baby. Your opponents will fear this weapon so much as it comes forward that it can shield plenty of your other units.

My suggestion for a very fun IW HS = demolisher,pred,dred,dred

Offline lord_guru32

« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2006, 06:04:06 PM »
want to know a nasty IW heavy support? mutated+possesed demolisher+3x4 plasma cannon havocs (they can take right? i forget. if not go with 3 plasma cannon dreads)