News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ynnari Detachment and Craftworld Stratagems  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Ynnari Detachment and Craftworld Stratagems
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
Hey guys. So of course I saw the new FAQ/Nerf to Ynnari but my main question going into the FAQ was whether a Ynnari detachment can use CWE Stratagems. I did not see this covered in the FAQ for the Designers Notes, Xenos Index 1, or the CWE FAQ... so I thought I'd ask here.

Would this basically be correct

You also lose access to:

Battle Focus
    Craftworld Warlord Traits
    The first "free" Remnant of Glory
    Craftworld Tactical Objectives

...as all of these require a Craftworlds Warlord.

As you legally have access to the Craftworld Stratagems, you can still use "Treasures of the Craftworld" to take 1 or 2 Remnants of Glory at a cost of 1 or 3 CP if you like.

Is this correct? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

IMPORTANT EDIT: So I should have mentioned... If I have a detachment of Ynnari and a detachment of CWE.... can I use the Stratagems on the CWE Detachment...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:01:34 PM by Cavalier »
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Ynnari Detachment and Craftworld Stratagems
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
I have not seen anything to say you can not. Further to this, the stratagems section clearly states you can use them as long as you have a craftworld detachment, it actually doesn't say they can only be used on that detachment either... So technically the Ynnari Asurani or Ynnari "guardian" can also be a target for the stratagem.

Offline DuckWake

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
Just to backup what magenb said.

If some of your detachments contain only Craftworld units then you have access to the Craftworld strategems. A Craftworld detachment in this case specifically means a detachment that is made up only of Asuryani units, and none of those units have taken the Ynnari keyword.

The relevant paragraph is at the top of page 118 in the codex.

Since you don't lose the Asuryani or <craftworld> keywords for Ynnari units, they should still be valid targets for the strategems even when part of a Ynnari detachment.

The Xenos 1 FAQ is very slightly unclear about whether units in the army can opt out of getting the Ynnari keyword, but I think it is very strongly implied that you can choose not to take the keyword on select units. So your Craftworlds detachments should still retain battle focus.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 05:15:22 PM by DuckWake »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »
You need a pure craftworlds detachment to get access to the strategem, but after that, as long as they have the right keywords, you can use the craftworlds strategems on units in ynnari detachments.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria