News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I want your opinion before I continue  (Read 671 times)

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
I want your opinion before I continue
« on: March 11, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »
this is the current model that I am working on and it is no where near done but if you want to say something then please all comment are welcome.   still have to work on the guns, the hoses, and the face plus some other parts

My problem is that I need to know what you guys and gals think of the armour trim it is currently Tin Bitz  should I leave it just that or highlight it in a darker color or I was thinking of a drybrush of chain mail or bolt gun and then mithril silver on the tips and maybe a wash in chestnut ink but i don' know.

This is the first red model I have done and I really would like some ideas on this before I proceed.

So here is what I have so far.

here is his back by it's self

So any help would be appreciated and sorry about the quality of the first pic it wasn't too good now that I look at it.  Might have to take another.

Thanks

Offline Carni-Kang

• Cute? I'll show you cute....
Re: I want your opinion before I continue
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:23 PM »
I think it looks good as is. The Tin bitz color goes well with the.... the... growth's color.
"I saw Luscius get eaten by a Hive Tyrant. Haven't seen him since."  Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Offline Blaze182

• The Damned~ Faithful Ulthwe Leader
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 08:32:42 PM »
I think its great. If you were going for a sort of clean gone rustic look, you could just do the tips of the armour outline, etc in some boltgun metal, or drbrush/feather it near the top to give the effect the rustic look is sorta taking over. But really, I think it looks really good as is! =]
Hard Trance Loyalist!!!

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »
thanks it is my first attempt at blending 

plus thanks for the feed back so far.

but if anyone thinks it should be  different color than I'm open to suggestions.

Offline Insanator

• Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery
    • my photo bucket
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 05:41:31 AM »
It looks nice but the question I have is, how dose it look from 1 meter away?

The reason I ask is I doesn't look as if the red and tin bits would contrast enough and it would sort of blur together and just look red all over.  What you might want to do is change the red to either darker or lighter, just so it isn't in the same color shade range as the bits.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.