News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sisters Of Battle Seraphim  (Read 3057 times)

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
Sisters Of Battle Seraphim
« on: March 6, 2002, 02:39:07 PM »
This is a non-Eldar rules question, so it's a toss up between "Rules" and "General".  I decided to put it here.

Thee General Grog's thread about the SOB Seraphim has prompted me to actually sit down with Chapter Approved and look through this army list.  The Seraphim have an interesting weapons set up that raised a question:

Do they get a second attack in close combat for having two Bolter Pistols?

The Sister's carry two Bolt Pistols, but they work as though they were twin linked (you only ever get one hit, but you can re-roll a miss).  Ordinarily a pistol will count as a ccw and having two ccw's will give you +1 attack.  However, this is the standard weapons config for a Seraphim and their profile only shows one attack.  I've seen several codecise that figure things like this into the profile. That stated:

1.  Do you have to have two DIFFERENT ccw to get the +1 attack bonus?
2.  Does having Twin Linked weapons negate the bonus?
3.  Did GW simply over look adding this bonus attack to the profile? (there have been misprints before)
4.  Am I over thinking this and the Seraphim get 2 attacks - one from the profile and one for 2 ccw's.

It was pretty late when I was thinking about this, and I didn't bring my books to work with me this morning.  I may find the answer pretty easily when I get home tonight, but I'm interested in what everyone else thinks of this issue.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Indigo

Re:Sisters Of Battle Seraphim
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2002, 02:40:45 PM »
Yes, they count as having 2 CCW. I believe this was answered on the SOB Yahoogroup list.

Offline Solitaire

• I am the only ture SOLITAIRE. Eat my shorts!!
« Reply #2 on: March 6, 2002, 03:18:33 PM »
i would have said 2 pistols so +1 Attack
When it is One on One you will surely run or i will come and skin you

Offline Prince of the laughing god

« Reply #3 on: March 6, 2002, 03:56:11 PM »
Usually the bonus for having 2 ccw is not printed in the profile
This confusion is my illusion