News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [2000] Ultramarines  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
[2000] Ultramarines
« on: October 8, 2017, 02:02:53 PM »
+++ 110 - Space Marines - Ultramarines (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [110 PL, 2000pts] +++

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment++
+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) ++
+ HQ +

Chaplain Cassius

Chief Librarian Tigurius: 1) Veil of Time, 2) Might of Heroes, 6) Null Zone

Marneus Calgar: Terminator Armour

+ Troops +

Tactical Squad
3x Space Marine
Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Tactical Squad
3x Space Marine

Tactical Squad
3x Space Marine

+ Elites +

Primaris Ancient: Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

+ Fast Attack +

Bike Squad
Biker Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Twin boltgun
Space Marine Biker w/Bolt Pistol: Twin boltgun
Space Marine Biker w/Special Weapon: Grav-gun, Twin boltgun

Bike Squad

Bike Squad

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad
Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher
Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Lascannon

Devastator Squad
Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

Hellblaster Squad: Plasma incinerator
4x Hellblaster
Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: [2000] Ultramarines
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »
So, any information on what the list is for? Competitive play, casual play, types of expected opponents, what are your concerns?

It's really hard to give advice on a list, when you don't give us any information.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2017, 02:24:29 PM »
I'm aiming for a solid ultramarines list that's competitive but casual. That's the gist of it. So the important caveats are as follows

#1 - Ultramarines only
#2 - Fields ultramarine characters effectively.

If the list can do that, I'm satisfied.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2017, 02:28:19 PM »
Okay.

You have Gilliman, so you probably want to get the best bang for the buck from his re-roll bubble. Saying that, what are your plans for the bikes? They are sort of an outlier in the list. Same as the Tactical marines to be honest.

I'd drop the bikes for more devastators and run a spearhead detachment with the Battalion. Keep the banner and Guilliman near the devastators, so you get the best value for both.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: October 8, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »
Okay.

You have Gilliman, so you probably want to get the best bang for the buck from his re-roll bubble. Saying that, what are your plans for the bikes? They are sort of an outlier in the list. Same as the Tactical marines to be honest.

I'd drop the bikes for more devastators and run a spearhead detachment with the Battalion. Keep the banner and Guilliman near the devastators, so you get the best value for both.

Already did the devastator list previously (6 units of them) people cried...i mean seriously they cried so hard about how 'broken' my list was when I unloaded all those devastators, I didn't even think it was tournament level of play. Anyway i'm aiming for something different really pushing the ultramarines flavor to have something for every occassion thats why I also included the bikes.

Bikes are fast moving and can quickly get within 12" of the opponent my plan is to bring them forward and drop Calgar to grant them all re-rolls to hit and unload a volley of rapid fire.

Guilliman will walk up with the tacticals AND devastators because a minus 1 isn't so bad really when you re-roll to hit. Depending on the opponent I may leave the devastators behind though the hellblasters will def follow him up. Anyway guilliman, tigurius and cassius will advance surrounded by a bunch of units and the banner while calgar and the bikes flank one side and hopefully distract or annoy.

That's the plan.

• Ancient
« Reply #5 on: October 8, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »
Well, if you're not playing competitively, and folks are having issues with your list, why not just drop Guilliman? Then people wont complain as much.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Akaitsuki

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: October 8, 2017, 06:56:57 PM »
Well, if you're not playing competitively, and folks are having issues with your list, why not just drop Guilliman? Then people wont complain as much.

lol because I play what i want to play not what people will cry about. One guy was playing Dark Angels with 2 land raiders with azrael and a dark shroud benefitting them and somehow he gave himself the space marine "Storm of Fire" warlord trait. Which I found weird but being a casual game I didn't check up on until after the game because I thought "maybe it's possible they FAQed it so other chapters can use it?" Had i not had that many devastators I would've seriously struggled to take down their minus 1 to hit, 4+ invulnerable save land raider crusaders that put out a bajillion shots with +1 rend.

The other guy that cried used 2 imperial knights in his list.

The way I see it, they are just mad that I had a solid counter to their bullamphetamine parrot. I wasn't even using guilliman in those other lists I had chapter masters (3 cp) and lieutenant combo.