News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The odds seemed in my favor  (Read 930 times)

Offline AceV53

The odds seemed in my favor
« on: April 6, 2003, 03:38:13 AM »
Just a little story of a team battle I had a few days ago. It was a team battle 2 v 2. My teammate was playing tau while I was the Orks (boo yah) against Dark Angels and Salamanders. The first two turns of the battle were fair, I lost some, they lost some. But then Salamander terminators Deep Striked in. It was about 8 of them. Luckily they deep striked right between my 15 ork slugga boy squad and my 10 ork Kommando squad. The Termies flamed about 4 boyz from my slugga squad and couldn't assault due to rules. SOOO next turn I assault him with everything I had left from the two squads (19 boyz and 2 Nobs). I thought I had him done since his 2+ save is down to 4+.
Here's the scary part. I must have had 60 or so attacks. Rolled all the dice. ONLY 10 HIT AND 2 WOUNDED!!! It was horrible! He saved both too! The odds then turned against the Salamanders player though because he only killed 2 of mine. In later turns I eventually killed him but jiminy it put a hinderance on my plan!
You guys got any stories like this?
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko