News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Codex Lizardmen for 7th Edition  (Read 4907 times)

Offline Straiker

• "Quick men, shoot them before they shoot us!!"
Codex Lizardmen for 7th Edition
« on: July 6, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »
Hi All,

Its been a long time since I posted something in this forum, so I've decided to stop lurking and actually post!

Since the End Times book 4, I have been wondering what happened to the Lizardmen (I will say nothing aside from that they go into space). I would completely recommend that if you haven't read those books yet they are epic and violent!

I decided that since the Lizards go into space, they would encounter the races of the 41st Millennium (because why not?). As such I decided to make a 40k style codex putting that army into the violence of the far future.

https://app.box.com/s/viuxyk4dllorw1dgidq5uu0hfymdxfdo

Please take a look and let me know what you think. And thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:53:52 PM by Straiker »

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
Re: Codex Lizardmen for 7th Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 6, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
Hi Straiker,

Nice work.  I do believe that the original Warhammer 40k did follow on from Warhammer Fantasy...  But anyway back on point.

At the moment it feels mainly like a port. 

Slann currently costs too much for what he does, so add some special rules!  Currently I can get +1 Mastery Level, a Force Weapon, Psychic Defence and Casting Re-Rolls at the cost of -1 Wound and 15 more points...

Another example would be the two different profiles for steed and rider, instead the rider typically gains +1 Toughness (however angry dinosaurs should give you more than just +1T).  This doesn't exist in 40k.  And so on... 

However I like how you've handled other aspects like Standards and Musicians as they're fitting rules which work.  And I really liked reading the Relics section. (Brought back old memories)

A few typos also are here and there.  For example the Spear & Great Weapon profiles are clearly wrong (not sure what they should say).

Anyway as an early draft it's solid, so keep it up!

Sam
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Straiker

• "Quick men, shoot them before they shoot us!!"
« Reply #2 on: July 7, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »
Hi Samos,

Thank you for your reply, and letting me know about several of my mistakes.

Yes, I was going mainly for a port of the Army Book. I feel that the army doesn't actually need many additions to make it viable, just tweaks to what already exists. That is just my thinking however.

I have addressed several of the points you mentioned (the Slann's cost and my mess up with the weapon entries).

EDIT

I have also now added a reference page and updated the Skink leader's selection process.

An updated version has been uploaded , here is the link: https://app.box.com/s/viuxyk4dllorw1dgidq5uu0hfymdxfdo

As ever, please let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:54:39 PM by Straiker »

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:06:54 PM »
That's much better :)  Definitely a successful port!

Just a thought for balance ... given their lack of transports and lack of shooting, it would probably be worth giving all Saurus either Rending or AP5 for their base attacks so the few that make it to close combat actually end up making a difference. 

Samos
Play more games, paint more models...