News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 pts against Orks  (Read 942 times)

Offline Foxvendetta

• There is something left that I must do.
1000 pts against Orks
« on: October 2, 2009, 12:32:24 PM »
Well, I just got back from abroad...
  I won't say where as I would be ashamed to say that I was there for a year and could not play at all... (I was in Nottingham doing a Masters...I couldn't bring my army, therefore the main hq was about a 5 minute walk and I could not play... :'(

Anyways. I haven't played in about a year, I've been reading the new rules and such as well. I am playing my friend next week who plays Orks. I haven't seen him in awhile and him and my other friend I think have been working and re-working his list and intend to pummel me into the ground... (nice welcome back) so any help here is much appreciated. I do know that he intends to try to outflank me at some point.

Here is my list, as I said any help is appreciated.

Shas'el
  CIB
  Flamer
  HW MT
  HW TA

I wanted to go with the CIB as the 5 shots I believe will be very beneficial here, But I feel like I have too much wargear on him.

XV8 Team x3
  TL MP
  Flamer
  Team Leader
  Bonding Knife
  HW TL

XV8 x1
  TL FB
  Flamer

I know he'll have a bunch of little tanks around, I think he just converted some killakans but I'm not sure if he'll use them or not. But will one of these guys be enough?

Stealthsuits x5

FW Squad A x10
   Shas'ui
   Devilfish
   MT
   DP

FW Squad B x10
   Shas'ui
   Devilfish
   MT
   DP

Kroot x20 or two teams of 10

Total - 991

I'm not quite sure what to do with the 9 points i have left, maybe another kroot?
I wanted to get more guys in but I just don't have the point space. I'm thinking I may take out a suit and add in more FW? Not sure. I would like to not get completely squashed in this game. :D          Cheers.

Offline Col. Dash

• We're the Imperium, we're here to help
Re: 1000 pts against Orks
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »
One suit will get off a shot if it DSs close enough and then get shot to pieces by the other squad. You really need a Deathrain team, switch out the commander with one and add two bodyguards. The second crisis team replace the MP with FB and have them go kan hunting.Get rid of that solo guy and use his points in the command team. Drop kroot to get nessesary points and add Flechette Dischargers to your devilfish. They will be very helpful in thinning the horde.

Offline Sayt

• The Devil you think you know.
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2009, 05:09:56 PM »
Upgrade the CIB to the AFP.  The large Blast and Strength 4 will probably take out more than just the CIB would on it's own, and the Ap is still good enough to take out jsut about anything but 'Eavy armour and Mega Armour.

and commands can't taken Hard Wired Targettign Arrays, but you're free a hard point anyway.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2009, 07:43:38 PM »
I wouldn't worry about having too much wargear on your commander. He's really only just got the mandatory hard-point stuff and one extra; that's fine. My commander costs 115pts ;D

I'll agree that the lone battlesuit won't do much after his first shot. In 1000pts, you can have 2 full teams of crisis suits, easy. I'd suggest, like said, swap the CIB for AFP. That way you don't really need to get a BS bonus for the commander.

Instead of the current 3 man crisis team you have, consider this:
3 Suits
- Missile Pod (x3)
- Burst Cannon (x3)
- Multi-tracker (x3)
- Team Leader
- Bonding Knife
-------> 160pts.

1 point more, and you can easily deal with both hordes and light vehicles. Maybe throw a target lock to your team leader, in case you have multiple vehicles you need taken care of.

Otherwise, I agree with what else has been suggested. Swapping out the kroot might seem like a bad idea, but really, they aren't the best in combat anyway, and another crisis team could potentially do better.

Offline Foxvendetta

« Reply #4 on: October 5, 2009, 01:34:43 PM »
Thanks Guys for the help. This is the updated list.

Shas'el
  AFP
  Flamer
  TA
  HW MT

XV8 Team x3
  TL MP x3
  BC x3
  Team Leader
  Bonding Knife
  HW TL

XV8 x3
  TL FB x3
  Flamer x3
  Team Leader
  Bonding knife
  HW TL

Stealthsuits x5

FW Squad A x10
   Shas'ui
   Devilfish
   MT
   DP
   FD

FW Squad B x10
   Shas'ui
   Devilfish
   MT
   DP
   FD

Total - 995

Offline Col. Dash

« Reply #5 on: October 6, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »
I would run the commander as a DR/flamer with a deathrain bodyguard. Make sure he has target lock so he can shoot different targets. For your second team run a heatwave team with twin linked flamers. That team will devastate orks since all templates are put down at once and not one at a time and the team is fairly cheap, might be the cheapest option actually, i would have to look. Your third team is fine.

Find some points and put Flechette Dischargers on your devilfish. Against most armies they are a fun nuisance to annoy with, against orks they will scythe them down like wheat. Remember it only works when they charge but even though only the power claw guys gets to do anything, all who charge are assumed to be taking part and thus get the roll and guys cannot be held back.

Offline Foxvendetta

« Reply #6 on: October 6, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
I would run the commander as a DR/flamer with a deathrain bodyguard. Make sure he has target lock so he can shoot different targets. For your second team run a heatwave team with twin linked flamers. That team will devastate orks since all templates are put down at once and not one at a time and the team is fairly cheap, might be the cheapest option actually, i would have to look. Your third team is fine.

Find some points and put Flechette Dischargers on your devilfish. Against most armies they are a fun nuisance to annoy with, against orks they will scythe them down like wheat. Remember it only works when they charge but even though only the power claw guys gets to do anything, all who charge are assumed to be taking part and thus get the roll and guys cannot be held back.

Where do I get the points for that deathrain team exactly? And there are FD's on the devilfish already.

Offline Col. Dash

« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2009, 02:18:25 PM »
Duh, sorry, I was getting rid of the thrid team actually and didnt notice the FDs already. For points you could remove the stealth suits was well or knock them down a little.

Offline Locke

• Bring the Rain
« Reply #8 on: October 6, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
For points you could remove the stealth suits was well or knock them down a little.

Stealth suits against Orks are one of our best weapons. Bad idea.

Personally, I would drop the MT's from the 'fish, and use the points elsewhere. Whoop-de-do, you get 3 shots more shots moving 12". The points can be better used elsewhere.

Everything else looks decent, though the three FB & Flamer squad worries me slightly. How're you planning on deploying them? DS? To deploy them effectively, you risk a bad mishap, and unless they're very well supported by the rest of your army, they'll die next turn, due to being so close.

They're usable, but that'll be a risky tactic indeed.

Another weapon you seem to have forgotten would be the oh-so-coveted Hammerhead. I have -no- idea where you would find the points, as this list seems pretty minimalist already, but the Hammerhead is a source of major anti-infantry and anti-tank in the form of the railgun and pie plate. Just something else to consider.
Locke's Record (2010):
 Shas'el'Sa'cea'Kanvah'Kais: 3-1-1
 Simulation (Vassal) Record: 31-4-9
            Tau: 21-3-6
     Necrons: 3-1-1
 Dark Eldar: 7-0-2