News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 Pt List  (Read 1448 times)

Offline FunkDogInDaHowse

1000 Pt List
« on: November 24, 2006, 07:58:19 AM »
Hey I am new to the game and dont have a codex yet but online I found some good info and came up with this...

HQ

Commander Shas’El – 88 points
- PR
- MP
- MT
- BSF

Elites

Stealth Suit Team – 160 points
- 5 Suits
- Burst Cannon
- Bonded

Crisis Battlesuit Team – 195 points
- PR
- SMS
- MT

Troops

Firewarrior Squads x 2 – 130 points each
- Shas’Ui
- 12 Firewarriors

Heavy Support

Broadside – 100 points
- SD
- DC

Hammerhead – 175 points
- RG
- BC
- MT
- DL
- TL
- BSF

Thanks in Advance :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 09:33:59 AM by FunkDogInDaHowse »

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: 1000 Pt List
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »
Crisis Battlesuit Team – 195 points
- PR
- SMS
- MT

Crisis Suits can not take a SMS. You may be thinking of a Missile Pod here.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline nekochen

• aaaaahhhhhhhhh....
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 10:41:36 PM »
For starter, all of your abbreviations are making the list hard to read. I have to stare at my screen for a minute to figure out what they are.  :o

HQ
I would really recommend you to add a Target Array to your Shas'el. After all, commanders are always suppose to be hitting on 2+.

Elite
Like Barr said, there is no Smart Missile for the regular Crisis suits, unless you are thinking of the Forgeworld models of XV81s. Otherwise, Plasma/Missile is a good choice for all-comer list.

The stealth suits are actually one of those harder unit to use for Tau. Their shorter range of the weapon makes them more vulnerable to enemy return fire than their bigger cousin Crisis Battlesuits. These guys are a good choice to take, but they require some practice before getting them to where they need be.

Troop
I would also recommend you to cut down the squad size of your Firewarriors, perhaps split them up into multi squads of smaller size. The reason is because, if you take 12 FW in one single squad, they will have to take a moral check when 3 models die to the first shooting attack, then less after every turn. If you field squads of 6 each, you are only required to take a moral check when 2 dies, and the benefit of fielding smaller squads is so that you get more controls of where the shots are being fired at. For example, if a squad of 6 Firewarriors are being shot by the Eldar Dire Avengers, let's say out of that 22 shots which 12 shots are wounded.. the most casualty you'll suffer is 6 which is the entire squad; but if you are using a full sized squad of 12, you are risking losing more on a bad dice roll. The Shas'ui isnt really required, but I'll leave that to your own playing experience as you play more games and feel the need of that extra LDR value or not.

Heavy
The only real upgrades that a Hammerhead ever needs is Decoy Launcher and Multi-tracker. The rest of the upgrades may only come in handy once every 10 games or so. Basically, it's like taking a Rhino, you would expect the base cost of a Rhino is actually 58.. in this case, a Railgun hammerhead would be 165!

Anyways, it's a similar list (without the Broadside) that I still play sometime... and rarely lose.. the only trouble that I may get into is when I play this list against someone who takes a Land Raider or lots of monstrous creature in such a small game.  :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 10:42:47 PM by nekochen »

Offline FunkDogInDaHowse

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 04:43:36 PM »
Thanks you guys.  I dont have a codex so I'm struggling here ???

HQ

Commander Shas’El – 88 points
- Plasma Rifle
- Missile Pod
- Multi Tracker
- Black Sun Filter
- Targeting Array

Elites

Crisis Battlesuit Team x3 Suits – 195 points
- Plasma Rifle
- Missle Pod
- Multi Tracker