News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: stuff about the fluff (spoilers)  (Read 312 times)

Offline ColonelLindsay

• Praise be to the God-Emperor
    • The Battle for Thralanx
stuff about the fluff (spoilers)
« on: May 6, 2006, 12:10:04 PM »
has anybody noticed in the Warhammer 40K novels, that they all seem to be leading up to the Emperor? what i mean is (spoilers ahead) In Faith and Fire they discuss what the Emperor was doing right before the Heresy and of course Horus Rising they kinda put that right out in front. But also with the Art books and Horus Heresy Visions series. Everything is sorta slowly leading to the main event of the 40K universe....Who and what is the Emperor, truly, and what was he doing and how.

Comments please.
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/thralanx
"GW store managers aren't known to be reliable sources..." - Irandura
Hey, I'm finally a Full Member again!!!
"The only good use of pride is swallowing it." - mrspungebob
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Felix Faustus

• Failed Anti-Mod Revolutionary
  • 1 part idiocy; 2 parts irony; 3 parts lobstrosity
Re: stuff about the fluff (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2006, 03:34:53 PM »
Not all Imperial fluff is about that and you have quite a lot 2nd edition fluff about the heresy itself, what I would really like to see is a novel set in the future of the 40k universe perhaps the year 51k, I know it can't be official or even endorced by black library but it would be really cool- maybe something about the events after the birth of ynnead. if anyone has written any stories like this please tell me where to find them.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2006, 07:55:34 AM by Lord Solar »
If you can stage the conditions right, creating a chaos god of biscuits could be quite possible.

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
Re: stuff about the fluff (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2006, 11:59:34 PM »
One could argue that GW has a tendency of trying to build up PR/fan support and more importantly interest in the direction where they're heading.  For some reason, beyond the Heresy material, I'm expecting a few more stories of Inquisitors and, more importantly, the lesser characters in the near future for somewhat obvious reason!

Kage