News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warlord Titan  (Read 18947 times)

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Warlord Titan
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »
Well Started to day, and made a couple of templates, sorry but I can not give you the sizing due to site regulations.
I did find some useful information on the net, so have a look at the Foot template and the main front body template.
For the feet I will be using spacers for flooring, which will be mounted on a solid wood board for bottom weight, but first the boards will be cut to the template.
As for the Body this will be made from window board 10mm thick (plastic & foam).

Body Template

Dark
« Last Edit: April 5, 2009, 03:25:06 PM by Dark Prince »

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
Re: Walord Titan
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
beslubber me that's huge... Good luck with this!

A guy at our local made one and it took him over a year to do it. How long are you expecting yours will take?

Offline TheBigBadPanda

• For the Dark Gods!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 03:56:39 PM »
isnt that almost emeror size? (judging from the comparison in the imperator datasheet)
If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »
Time wise, how long is a peice of string? no but I am looking at 2-3 months
and no this is about the correct size for a Warlord Titan, It will stand 32" tall when finished.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 05:34:02 PM by Dark Prince »

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2009, 05:41:40 PM »
OK then, I have started to build, I have made the hip joints for my Titan.
This was made from: 40mm waste pipe, 2 x Old shower waste, 1 x 40mm tee and 2 x 40mm to 11/2" male adaptors. This gave me the correct distance apart for the Legs to be attached.

I used a 40mm tee joint so that when the body is attached it can swivel and be broken down into separate parts for transport.
Notice I have used compression fittings for the legs to attach, this is also for removal of the legs.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2009, 05:11:07 PM »
OK i have just go back from a short break, so I will show the attached legs and the upper body skeleton tomorrow.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Warlord Titan
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2009, 03:47:20 PM »
hi all,

Ok, I have added the legs today and the upper body of the skeleton, once
I have added the feet, arms and gun mounts I ill add another Pic,

The legs are out of 40mm waste pipe with 2 x straight couplings 40mm.
one of the coupling has been modified to put a 30deg angle. so it will give the impression of walking.(45deg is to much).

The feet will be made out of 10mm window board, cut to shape, then floor spacers will be added to give the effect of toes.
The Centre of the foot will be raised with another piece of 10mm window board, this is where the leg will be anchored to. To anchor the legs these will be drill through the bottom, then glued and screwed.
There will be another 2 holes drilled to allow bolts to pass through, this is so it can be bolted to the main scenary, making a total stable base.

The top half of the skeleton will be still in 40mm waste pipe. but reduced down to 32mm waste pipe for the arms and laser gun mounts.
Don't forget on a model of this size you need a lot of support.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »
Hi, all Started on the body, I have used 10mm foam board for this, and have used 2 different types of glue: super glue and wood glue.
Use the super glue for the main glue parts, then the wood glue used around the seams.

As you can see I inserted the skeleton into the upper body, then added supports within the body to the give it strength.
The main gun supports are now in place as you can see by the pic's

One point when cutting foam board, make sure you use new knife blades.

I offered up the body to the legs, to test for height, but as you can see the legs are a little long, so these will be shortend.

more to come soon.

Offline TheBigBadPanda

• For the Dark Gods!
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
its starting to take shape, im keeping an eye on this one :P
If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

Offline Spirit of Kurnous

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »
lol you're gonna need one big gaming table for that.
40k:
Eldar=12000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 2000pts

Fantasy:
Slaanesh=5000pts      
Wood Elves=6000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 3000pts
High Elves 3000pts

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
Hi, all

Started making the top Laz gun mounts today, and it took all day just to get the angles right.

All cut from 10mm foam board with extra support for the laz guns.

I will post more pic,s when I add the top cover and front control centre cover, apart fromt his I am a little stumped in finding something suitable for the main control centre.

Dark

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 04:55:40 PM »
Hi, all

I have started making the top laser gun turrets, these were constructed from 10mm foam board with extra struts for support. Before the front plate was glue into place, I cut 2 x 22mm holes in the front plate.this was repeated for the other side.
I then used 4 x 21.5mm plastic tank connectors and inserted them into place, these where then glued into place.

I then used 1 x 40mm waste pipe about 125mm long and split this in half to make the front for the laser guns as you will see by the photo.

While I was at work on my lunch break, I designed a new Laser Cannon for my Titan, don't for get this is a working progress.
This Laser Cannon was made from old toilet syphons, and I think it looks quite effective, I have yet to add the side plates and the neon lights into the Laser Cannon, but here is a sneak look.
(Not the beer the cannon)

Offline neotetrabot

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
this thing is gonna be a beeeaast!!  that gun at the bottom is gonna be mounted on his shoulders?  can we get a pic of the gun being held onto the model for size reference?  and do you know what kind of head youll be using? (like a skull lookin thing or a more traditional armored robot type head, etc)

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 03:31:52 PM »
In answer to your question about the Gun, When I have add the neon lights and mountings I will post a pic with it attached, the weapon is about 15" long it may need a little off like 1 or 2", as for the Head (control center) I am playing with different designs at present.

Today I started to build the feet these where built from (particle board)
chip board if you are a Brit (like me), I cut these to the template already posted, then added the spacers.  To raise the small toes I added 5mm foam board, all glued into place with wood glue. I then cut some more chip board for the center of the foot, then covered the center with 5mm thick foam board, this gave weight to the feet and gives me a firm base with to screw the legs onto later.
Before you ask the feet measure about 91/2" and approx 1" in height.

Summary: Cut feet to template out of 15mm (1/2") chip board. Glue the large toes into place, cut 5mm foam board for under single toes and glue into place. Cut center support out of 15mm chip board and glue into place, then cut a circle out of 5mm foam board and glue to the center of foot.

You may ask why start on the feet when the body is not finished, a simple answer: Materials running out of fast.

Hope you are all liking this so far

Dark

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 05:22:46 PM »
Hi, all

When out a got some more material today, and carried on the the body
I added the top plates on the shoulder gun mounts cut from 10mm foam board, I then cut another template for the top of titan.
I have started to cut these now out of 10mm foam board.
Not worth posting another pic until I have complete the top section of the titan and the front surround for the control room.
This should not take to long so will post another pic soon.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 06:23:23 AM »
Ok all, Some more work done on top of the titan, I have also made the engine mount and mounted the engine on the back,
The engine facia is a old sample water tank, cut down to size, the 6 pipes that are on the side are 15mm plastic elbows.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:24:46 AM by Dark Prince »

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »
I have started making the control room (head), this was from:

1 old hair jell bottle, 1 x plastic base ball, card board and 5mm foam board.

I firstly sanded down the threads on the hair jell bottle, I then cut the plastic base ball in half and rubbed down with sand paper. Once i was happy I then glued the base ball half to the top of the hair jell bottle.

Once dried I the cut some 5mm foam board and glue the bottle onto it.

The hard part is next, cutting the card to the correct shape, I used 2mm card for this, once cut and bent, i was supprised how strong it was.

I then used 2mm plastic strips, these where heated and bent to shape, once the correct shape was achieved it was then glued into position.

I have tried to keep the Control Room (head) as per the 40,000 model

Still a few little this to do, but here is a pe-view

Sorry about his pic, the head fell forward, so it makes it look to big.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:43:21 PM by Dark Prince »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »
interesting project, i will keep an eye on it
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline The Voivod

• Masamune Shirork
« Reply #18 on: May 1, 2009, 05:58:56 AM »
Completely awesome.
I'm happy I don't know you in person, so I'll never face this monster in battle.
Torture first, then you talk. It's better that way.

Offline Dark Prince

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #19 on: May 1, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »
I have been doing a little bit more work on the engine area and each day I add a little bit more, don't forget when doing an engine just let your mind run free and add what you want.

Also I have added the front breast plate made from 5mm foam board and cut to size.

I have just started on the arm plates as you can see. again from 5mm foam board.

« Last Edit: May 1, 2009, 10:22:24 AM by Dark Prince »