News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1.5K generic Marines  (Read 1135 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1.5K generic Marines
« on: July 3, 2017, 03:49:59 AM »
Was thinking of play testing against a general Marines list, how does this look from a Marines fan point of view?

1503 points
HQ - 89
Captain, Chainsword+combi-plasma - Main roll is the re-roll buffs for Devs

Elites - 910
2 x Squads of Sternguard, Sergant Chainsword+Storm Bolter, 4 Marines with Combi-flamers, 2 with Heavy flamers.
2 x full squads of Vanguard Veteran Squads with jump packs, Sergant has storm shield and Power sword, rest standard equipment.
1 x Venerable Dreadnought - Missile Launcher and Twin Autocannons

Heavy - 360
2 x Devastator squads, Sergeant has combi-plasma, 4 Missile Launchers

Transport 144
2 x Rhino

Sternguard go in the Rhino and floor it, poping smoke first turn. Eventually jumping out to flame assault troops.

Vanguard hop between cover ready to counter assault, eventually charging infantry

Devs+Dreadnought rain death, given all the missile fire anything that drop near by is in for a world of hurt. There is also a fair amount of high strength fire to deal with tanks/transport.

Thoughts?

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: 1.5K generic Marines
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2017, 04:03:34 AM »
Hey Magenb!
Thoughts? I think I don't want to face this list.
My long Fangs are all ML's as well. They did marvellous things in 7th ed. Keen to see what happens in 8th.

Like your plan there, mate. Everybody covering everybody... How very Eldar of you.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1.5K generic Marines
« Reply #2 on: July 3, 2017, 06:45:23 AM »
Like your plan there, mate. Everybody covering everybody... How very Eldar of you.

Old habits die hard :)

Post Merge: July  3, 2017, 10:41:00 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

OK refining the list a little:

1503 points so same points
HQ - 89
Captain, Chainsword+combi-plasma

Elites - 856
2 x Squads of Sternguard, Sergant Chainsword+Storm Bolter, 3 Marines with Combi-flamers, 2 with Heavy flamers.
2 x full squads of Vanguard Veteran Squads with jump packs, Sergant has storm shield and Power sword, rest have 2 chainswords
1 x Venerable Dreadnought - Missile Launcher and Twin Autocannons

Heavy - 360
2 x Devastator squads, Sergeant has combi-plasma, 4 Missile Launchers

Transport 198
2 x Razorbacks with Twin heavy flamers and storm bolter.

So changes, droped to 6 man Sternguard squads, so I could take them in a Razor back with twin heavy flamers instead.

As per the new FAQ for the rules, two chainswords mean multiple bonus attacks, so yeah Vanguard should munch that much harder now.

« Last Edit: July 3, 2017, 10:41:00 PM by magenb »