News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: AM and DA allies at 1850  (Read 1855 times)

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
AM and DA allies at 1850
« on: March 19, 2016, 04:41:39 PM »
IG/ DA -1850

IG-1085

HQ
CSS w/ lascannon, MoO

Troops

Vets w/ x3 melta, taurox

PLC w/ x4 flamers
1rst Squad: Autocannon,grenade launcher
2nd Squad: Autocannon, grenade launcher
3rd Squad: Autocannon, grenade launcher

Fast Attack
Scount Sentenals w/ lascannons x3
Scount Sentenals w/ mulilasers x3
Vendetta

Heavy Support
LR MBT w/heavy bolters
Wyvern

Ravenwing Strikeforce -757

HQ
Librarian w/ Mastery II, Shroud of Heroes, Bike,thunderhammer 

ELITES
Ravenwing command squad w/Apothecary, BoC

FAST
Bike Squad X5 w/ x1 Attack Bike (Multi-Melta), plasma gunner
Black Knights x3 w/ power weapon, melta bomb
Dark Talon

Old list for reference only.
AM/ DA -1850

IG-1035

HQ
CSS w/ lascannon, medi-pack

Troops-395

Vets w/ x3 melta, taurox

PLC w/ 1x lascannon
1rst Squad: Autocannon,grenade launcher
2nd Squad: Autocannon, grenade launcher
3rd Squad: Autocannon, grenade launcher

Fast Attack -220
Scout Sentinels  w/ lascannons x2
Vendetta

Heavy Support-235
LR MBT w/heavy bolters
Wyvern

Fortification
Ageis DL w/ autocannon

DA -815

HQ
Librarian w/ Mastery II, Shroud of Heroes, Bike,thunderhammer 
ELITES
Terminators w/ 1x chain fist, assault cannon -

TROOPS
x10 Tac Marines w/ plasma gun, plasma cannon, Vet SGT, melta bomb, drop pod

FAST
x5 Bike Squad w/ x1 Attack Bike (Multi-Melta), plasma gunner

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 07:17:19 PM by 0verKill_235 »
Death before Dismount!

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
Re: AM and DA allies at 1850
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 05:16:20 PM »
The AM side of things is pretty standard fare.

The Lascannons in the CCS and PCS are rather vulnerable. I think I'd rather put them in Infantry squads unless you want to put a Chimera around them. I'd personally drop the upgrades from the PCS, and just use them as a drop squad from the Vendetta if it lasts past the 3rd turn. Objective thieves!

I'm not fond of Scout Sentinels with Lascannons. If you're planning to outflank them, you'll probably get more mileage out of Multi-Lasers against rear armour. If you aren't outflanking them, you should go with Armoured Sentinels instead.

If you're paying for HB sponsons on your LRBT, they're pretty much a waste of points since you need to snap shot them if you fire the cannon.

I'm not familiar with DA in particular, but if you were to play those units in the Vanilla 'Dex, they're not overly powerful options. Really, you want those Termies to get into assault, and when they're there, you want the better invul save... so TH SS termies are really the way to go. There's not much reason to give your Tac squad a Vet Sarge, if you aren't going to give him a CC upgrade. The Plasma Cannon won't be able to fire the turn it drops, unless you plan to combat squad them and only drop the non-PC in the pod. I think you'd be better off with a pair of Plasmaguns on your bikes, and a pair of Grav would be better still.

The DA choices are not playing to their strong suits, of super-amazing bikers with Plasma Talons. :)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:40:12 PM »
As much as it pains me to do so, I agree with Spectral about the Dark Angel contingent.  It isn't going to accomplish much for you.  For the same amount of points you can have a Librarian on a bike, a Darkshroud, and 15 Black Knights (one of which is an apothecary in a command squad).  Stick those in a Ravenwing Strikeforce and you can benefit greatly from the Speed of the Raven special rule.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 07:03:53 PM »
Thanks for the excellent suggestions gents. I have adjusted the list as you said with a Ravenwing focused ally build. I only inputted the models I have in though.   
Death before Dismount!

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 10:42:54 PM »
Thanks for the excellent suggestions gents. I have adjusted the list as you said with a Ravenwing focused ally build. I only inputted the models I have in though.
Completely understandable.  As much as I love my Dark Angels, I have to admit that their most competitive aspect as their Ravenwing Bikers.  The Ravenwing Attack Squadron Formation really gives the bike squads a bit of an extra threat to them as it will improve their BS under if the units are fired in the correct order.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...