News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: build a "counts as" lemartes  (Read 1289 times)

Offline KrMaH

• "FOR PONY!!!"
build a "counts as" lemartes
« on: July 29, 2011, 09:35:26 PM »
Hi, I have been wanting a lemartes for quite some time now, and figured I could build one myself. From an assault marine...
Anybody has any ideas on how to do this?
was it worth it?

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
Re: build a "counts as" lemartes
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 01:03:37 AM »
I think all you would really need to make a convincing conversion would be a skull head (Tomb Kings would probably be a good place to start) plenty of purity seals, and something that looked resionable like a Crozius.

Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:49:22 AM »
I used the skull helmet from the Warriors of chaos fantasy set, and a mace from the knights of chaos fantasy set, on the skull helmet I added some laurels from the command squad sprue, and on the maxe I trimmed off all of the arrows and spikes, it looks suitably crozius-like then (I used the tall rectangular one, not the spherical one) everyone seems happy to class it as lemartes so I think that's all that matters
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
and figured I could build one myself. From an assault marine...
Anybody has any ideas on how to do this?

I'd probably glue the assault marines legs to the torso and then... Not what you ment?

What is it you like/dislike about the real Lemartes model? Is there some artwork of him, or another chaplin you want to try and get the style of? The more infomation you can provide the better people can point you in the direction of the right parts. You want a skull helm or a bare head? Regular style jump pack or something special? Are you just wanting to build one because it's cheaper than the real thing or are you happy to spend a fair chunk of money on it to get it looking just right?

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline KrMaH

• "FOR PONY!!!"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »
It's mainly due to lack of money, but also a project for me to learn a few things.
Mainly how to do good conversions, but also to learn to mix stuff and use what I already have to make what I want.
And, since you asked, its only going to be temporary, as I love the lemartes model!
was it worth it?

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:20:34 PM »
Ok, so really your after parts that you may already have or could get use out of rather than a big outlay for bits.  :)

If you have the Marine Command squad box set you probably have some great bits left over. The banner arm with the pole cut down would work for the Crozius shaft with the double headed eagle from the same kit as the weapons end (There's also the banner top from the Marine Commander plastic kit that would work). There's also some nice shoulder pads that would work as well in that kit.

For a head I'd probably try and track down a chaos player and scrounge the skull head from the Vehicle Accessories frame.

The basic marine frames have purity seals on them which would finish it off nicely.

Which isn't much help if you don't have the command squad box set and don't know any Chaos players...  :-\

Basicly take a look at the model, work out the bits that make it stand out as a Chaplin (Skull helm, Crozius) and then start having a look through spare bits you may have and ask people you know, a lot of gamers are more than happy to throw the odd spare part they may have towards a good conversion.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."