News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 46130 times)

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #300 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:48 AM »
Hmm we are in a room full of water and are playing around with electrical devices. Sounds fun. Fill your shoe up with water and pour the water on the control panel and slide all the knobs so they are all next to each other and try and overload the circuit. javascript:void(0);
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
« Reply #301 on: April 14, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
The panel is shock/overload proof, you accomplish nothing, now your wearing two squishy wet shoes

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1

• To kill, or not to kill, that is the question...
« Reply #302 on: April 14, 2009, 08:52:24 PM »
Maybe the panel will make a path or something like that? We could try making a line from one end to the other and investigating.
-"Damn Those Laser Cats..."

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2009, 01:24:20 AM »
Hm. I'll try again (I don't remember if the Reset button was hit; if the rods don't move, I'll obviously hit it and then set them up in the following pattern):
A11, I11
A12, B12, C12, D12, E12, F12, G12, H12, I12.

It is similar to when someone earlier talked about "moving all the disks down as far as possible" which I don't think was ever actually executed.

Also, we've done the vertical line, so I figured the solid horizontal line would be a good idea. The other bit of logic was that the last pattern to be mostly horizontal ended up with the longest whirr at 150sec (barring the rather odd 180sec. reset). Perhaps this will get an even longer whirr?

Of course, I shall hit Initiate and do the usual "check the temperature at various points of the pool" thing, along with as much general observation about the room as possible during the whirring.

Offline speedy

• lurking in a forum near you!
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2009, 03:14:48 PM »
Cool game your running here! 

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #305 on: April 15, 2009, 11:55:16 PM »
im going to try the obvious... I wanna slide ino the elevator, by prying open the door.  Im going to try getting to the spiked floor of stage 3, and try bringing it back to he room, to place it on the spot with the grooves.
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Lord Tyrannicus

• Anti-Power Fist Activist.
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2009, 12:36:31 AM »
If you mean trying to get the pyramid from stage 3, I don't think it will work because Skullydeath died trying to get back to stage 3.

May as well give it a go though, not me who's dying.

~ Lord Tyrannicus
~ Lord Tyrannicus

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #307 on: April 17, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »
-Moves disks
-Hits initiate
-Humming and bubbleing for 180 seconds

No visual change in pool and surrounding area,
No change in water temperature.

There are no buttons on the inside of the elevator, and no way in or out save the two doors. If you still want to go in ok, but you've been warned.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #308 on: April 17, 2009, 08:22:04 PM »
Hm... Alright, let's see what happens when I set up the discs like this (hitting Reset, then Initiate once I've got them in the new pattern):

A1, B1, C1, D1, E1, F1, G1, H1, I1
A2, I2

As usual, I'll look for any changes in the pool, the room and (this time) the panel itself.

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
has this thread gone dead?  No updates or new ideas...
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2009, 02:48:56 PM »
No not dead. Im having increasing issue with getting on the computer.

-Hits reset
-Humming and bubbleing for 200 seconds
-Moves disks
-Hits initiate
-Humming and bubbleing for 180 seconds

No visual change in pool and surrounding area,
No change in water temperature.

Ill give you a final hint in the form of a biblical reference
  HINT: John 6:16-21
(im not religious btw so dont wonder why its a biblical reference)

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2009, 03:20:25 PM »
Stumbled across. Really neat :) Figured I'd drop in.

The celling is mostly covered by the metal of vent above.

Does the vent grating completely cross the boiling pool? If it does, jump up and try to grab the bars in the vent grating and monkey bar across.

Offline argos5

• Stuff
« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2009, 03:35:14 PM »
Miracles...

Let's try this.

E3, E4, E5, E6, E7, E8, E9

C5, D5, F5, G5.

Its morphin' time! "Initiate"!

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2009, 04:45:44 PM »
Ill give you a final hint in the form of a biblical reference
  HINT: John 6:16-21
(im not religious btw so dont wonder why its a biblical reference)
I don't like the sounds of this... I looked that up; it's a passage about Jesus walking on water. I shall get on my stomach beside the pool and look closely to see if there is anything I might be able to step on safely (a clear beam or something, maybe). We know that there isn't a solid sheet over the water, because we managed to get both of our shoes wet, but there may be a glass plank or something....

...although at this point it would likely be visible; steam would presumably have condensed on it, allowing us to see it. That is, assuming that it isn't currently underwater (I assume that it would have been mentioned when I looked in the pool before, if we were able to see it, but I'll take another glance to the bottom of the pool just to be sure that has not changed).

Well, let's hope that argos5's cross-pattern works (as a side note, the cross pattern might have worked in the top right corner of the original puzzle... maybe. At least there was room for it). Things are getting uncomfortably steamy in here.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #314 on: April 20, 2009, 05:28:39 PM »

I 1-10, 12

Press initiate

Then I go, take my shoe and use it to poke the water at the far right side of the tank.  If it does not hit something solid then I do the same to the far right.  If I hit something solid then I will walk across, being careful about the missing step at 11, jump to the far side, and then go through the door.

If I cannot feel anything when it is at I, then I align it the same way at E so as to align it with the grooves in the floor and try again.

Azore of Ath-Ron
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:14:53 PM by azore24 »
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline ShasO Kodel

« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »
Groan........ It just dawned on me. Has anyone looked in the pool after pressing initiate? Place the rods in a single column (I-1, I-2, I-3, I-4... I-11), hit initiate, and watch the surface of the water for a line of raising posts. With 11 posts and 12 slots, theres a gap at the end, but you could hop across once you're that close.

Follow-up: What azore said. Didn't read prior posts as this hit me and I just rushed in a reply :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 06:42:05 PM by ShasO Kodel »

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2009, 08:28:51 PM »
You cannot reach the vent.

Making a cross and pressing initate, there is a blinding flash of light....
the pool is now boiling holy water (you'll need this to defeat the vampire army thats taken the city)

This is a joke (i told you it didnt have anything to do with religion)

After moving the disks, pressing initiate and waiting 180 seconds for the intense bubbling to stop, you remove your shoe and prod the water on the right....
two feet out you reach and poke, in the water about 3 inches down your shoe hits something solid.
But you cant see anything in the water....
You replace your shoe and step lightly to where you prodded.......
Your foot hits the solid plate glass disk 3 inches beneath the bubbling surface, the shoe protects your foot from the hot glass and water.
You stand on the disk and it holds your weight. Using the wall as a guide you step along the invisibly clear glass disks, making a blind leap off the first disk to the second. Quickly you are across the pool. You step to the metal door and twist the handle, the door swings open and you step through.
"Stage V Complete"

First Out Award: azore24 (first to action post correct solution)

Honorable Mention Award: ShasO Kodel (also for posting solution, if not a little late)

Good Idea Award: Rudkin (for figuring things out before everyone elses did, and for all around good observation and ideas)

Next stage and vesion 1 solution to be posted soon.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:32:32 PM by Grimfang »

Offline the_nash

« Reply #317 on: April 21, 2009, 05:31:54 AM »
lol that took awhile to solve.

First one we needed i hint...

Did the older regulator you had the beginning have much of a different solution to this one?
Only In Death Does Duty End

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #318 on: April 21, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »
heres the origional and its solution

For version 2, I would have accepted any reasonable path across the pool.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
« Reply #319 on: April 21, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
Interesting stuff! I look forward to the next puzzle.

So was the variable time thing just a ruse, or was there a point to it? I presume the marking on the floor from the weight was just a hint that there was a glass floor, or was there actually some way of getting a weight there (moreover, would it actually have done anything)?

Oh, and before we exit the room, I want to examine that sign by the door that I couldn't make out before!